F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Suspension | Chassis | Brakes > Dinan Springs Update (review pending)
GetBMWParts

05-26-2017, 02:15 AM   #595
413Bimmer
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by EatMoreLobsters View Post
Do not buy, instead get a real coil over set. I went with KW V1 after i had the dinan spring/handling kit for a few months. best mod i've done.
Depends what you are looking for... but I personally would agree. I have been on Dinan springs for 7-8 months. They felt decent in beginning because It did improve body roll, ride height, and float... and may be enough to keep many happy. But after some time all those things began to stand out again as the stock struts and shocks are still a large component to the suspension system, which in my opinion are way too soft and bouncy. I am waiting on a set of bilstein B14s which are currently in transit to my front door.
Appreciate 1
      05-26-2017, 07:40 AM   #596
EatMoreLobsters
Lobster Soup
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 ZCP Black/Sakhir

Garage List
2018 BMW M3  [0.00]
2013 335i xDrive  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 413Bimmer View Post
Depends what you are looking for... but I personally would agree. I have been on Dinan springs for 7-8 months. They felt decent in beginning because It did improve body roll, ride height, and float... and may be enough to keep many happy. But after some time all those things began to stand out again as the stock struts and shocks are still a large component to the suspension system, which in my opinion are way too soft and bouncy. I am waiting on a set of bilstein B14s which are currently in transit to my front door.
my thoughts exactly.
2013 335i xDrive PWG: Bootmod3 Stage 2 | MPPK | FBO Dinan - CAI - Exhaust (Black) - Intercooler - Big Turbo - Fuel Pump | ER Downpipe | ER Chargepipe | BMS WMI Kit | KW V1 Suspension | Vorsteiner v-ff 103 | Michelin Pilot Sport 4S
https://www.instagram.com/m3_blake
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2017, 08:02 AM   #597
fate_f30
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 Glacier Silver F30 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dejan_ View Post
I lowered my 335i on H&R springs 1st two years ago did it myself and it took less than 5 hours using a jack and jack stands. These hour rates are ridiculous.

I hated the H&R springs. Had them on for about a year and I hated life and my car.

Picked up a new Dinan spring set and bump stop kit from a member they were new in box. I had surgery on my shoulder (I just couldn't do it) at that time so I paid my BMW mechanic friend to do it at his house and he charged me $300.

I love the Dinan springs they're perfect drop and awesome on oem shocks. Just make sure to get the bump stops.

I suggest asking an independent shop to do the spring swap or ask a BMW mechanic get close to them and just politely ask for them to do it on the side. A lot of these guys do jobs on the side for cash and they are more than happy to help out.
When you say "Bump stops" I assume you mean the Ride Quality and Handling Kit that's suggested with the Dinan springs?
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2017, 10:44 AM   #598
Jadar
Dejan
Serbia
Rep
Drives: 2018 Audi S3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by xbnb1978x View Post
When you say "Bump stops" I assume you mean the Ride Quality and Handling Kit that's suggested with the Dinan springs?
Correctoooo
You can also purchase them separately on your own from a bmw online parts sites save yourself some cash.
F30 only
Front Bump Stop #33536784122
Rear Bump Stop #33536762722
      05-26-2017, 10:45 AM   #599
Jadar
Dejan
Serbia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Very interested to hear how the B14's perform. Do keep us posted. I agree the oem shocks are a big weak link and make the car soft.
      05-26-2017, 11:36 AM   #600
413Bimmer
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Very interested to hear how the B14's perform. Do keep us posted. I agree the oem shocks are a big weak link and make the car soft.
Absolutely. I've heard nothing but good things but I will let you know...

I have also heard good things about those who have Dinan springs but replace stock struts and shocks with bilstein B8s... thought about this set up since I already have springs but chose coilover route for adjustable height and they are designed as one. But not a bad option if you like the Dinan ride height.
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2017, 12:07 PM   #601
Jadar
Dejan
Serbia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Absolutely. I've heard nothing but good things but I will let you know...

I have also heard good things about those who have Dinan springs but replace stock struts and shocks with bilstein B8s... thought about this set up since I already have springs but chose coilover route for adjustable height and they are designed as one. But not a bad option if you like the Dinan ride height.
This is defiantly something to consider. Thanks.
      05-26-2017, 02:06 PM   #602
fate_f30
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 Glacier Silver F30 328i

Quote:
Correctoooo
You can also purchase them separately on your own from a bmw online parts sites save yourself some cash.
F30 only
So essentially it's the same "Handling kit" that Dinan is selling but cheaper through BWM?
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2017, 08:19 PM   #603
Jadar
Dejan
Serbia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by xbnb1978x View Post
Quote:
Correctoooo
F30 only
So essentially it's the same "Handling kit" that Dinan is selling but cheaper through BWM?
It is BMW parts always has been. I mean in all truth respect goes to Dinan for taking the time to R&D which combo to use with which chassis.

For example an F22 bump stop kit for the front is different part number than that I provided above for the F30. They share the same rears however.

These bump stops have been around for ever in BMW's parts bin. These at off of a 5 series if I remember correct.

I believe the bump stops are around $25 bucks a piece from some of the cheapest sources online like BMW of bridgewater and BMW of south Atlanta. They always have the best prices I've found for all parts.
Attached Images

05-26-2017, 10:10 PM   #604
dsc888
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 340ix ///M Sport

Quote:
Correctoooo
F30 only
Is it correct that you only need the rears if you go with Bilstein B6s or B8s as they have built in stops for the fronts? I'd imagine the front bump stops only fit the OEM struts, which everyone agrees should not be used on lowering, stiffer springs.
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2017, 02:54 AM   #605
overkill1125
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2019 440xi Gran Coupe

Garage List
Quote:
It is BMW parts always has been. I mean in all truth respect goes to Dinan for taking the time to R&D which combo to use with which chassis.

For example an F22 bump stop kit for the front is different part number than that I provided above for the F30. They share the same rears however.

These bump stops have been around for ever in BMW's parts bin. These at off of a 5 series if I remember correct.

I believe the bump stops are around $25 bucks a piece from some of the cheapest sources online like BMW of bridgewater and BMW of south Atlanta. They always have the best prices I've found for all parts.
Would you know which bump stops it is for the F32 coupe?
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2017, 04:31 AM   #606
Jadar
Dejan
Serbia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by overkill1125 View Post
Quote:

Would you know which bump stops it is for the F32 coupe?
That I'm not 100% on. It may very well be the same as an F30 but I don't have experience with the F32 kit or it's install. The F22 I knew only because a member posted the part numbers on their side of the board.
      05-27-2017, 02:53 PM   #607
Jadar
Dejan
Serbia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsc888 View Post
Is it correct that you only need the rears if you go with Bilstein B6s or B8s as they have built in stops for the fronts? I'd imagine the front bump stops only fit the OEM struts, which everyone agrees should not be used on lowering, stiffer springs.
Its what I have heard/read. Pretty positive results from what I remember with the Dinan springs and B6/8.
      06-10-2017, 11:38 PM   #608
monkiboy
Major
Dominican Republic
Rep
Drives: '17 x5 3.5i w/MPPK & MPE

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubiza View Post
The is the same part number as they have listed for F30 LCI. I have Dinan springs and bumstops on my 340i xdrive with AS. Very happy with the setup.
any photos, @cubiza?
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2017, 12:53 AM   #609
BLACK HAWK DOWN
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 16' AW 340i xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by toybm View Post
Did the install last weekend and here are my + ve thoughts.
- wheel gap has been reduced significantly (xdrive)
- body roll has been reduced significantly
- car drives much smoother over minor road imperfections, gone is that sharp jarring hit over even the smallest bumbs. Seems like the initial few inches of travel is softer and better suited to regular roads.
- car is much more planted around bumpy corners, before it was very skittish and squirmy. This spring/shock combo works better than the original.

Only down side for me is that i had to take my RW Carbon CF Varis style spltter off, it would not even have survived getting off my driveway. Will be for sale soon. I will look for a thinner splitter.
Crappy weather, crappy pic of 340i xdrive on Dinan springs and bump stops.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf Studio_20170610_234313.jpg (2).pdf (5.65 MB, 401 views)
      06-21-2017, 10:26 AM   #610
madmonkey
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 335xi Alpine White

Garage List
So as an update to my Dinan Springs experience:

Review - sooooooooo much better than stock. The car is more flat through turns and does not twerk it's ass end over bumps like before. The car also does not rock back on the rear wheels under sudden acceleration as much. I'm still on soft stock shocks, but the feel is much better. And after alignment at my local Dinan BMW dealer, my setup looks juuuusttt right for me.

For those drivers with XDrive not looking to go full race mode and keep some of the daily driver aspects, but still want some sportiness and lower ride height, Dinan delivers.
Appreciate 3
      06-21-2017, 12:59 PM   #611
etinifni
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 328i Modern Line

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by madmonkey View Post
So as an update to my Dinan Springs experience:

Review - sooooooooo much better than stock. The car is more flat through turns and does not twerk it's ass end over bumps like before. The car also does not rock back on the rear wheels under sudden acceleration as much. I'm still on soft stock shocks, but the feel is much better. And after alignment at my local Dinan BMW dealer, my setup looks juuuusttt right for me.

For those drivers with XDrive not looking to go full race mode and keep some of the daily driver aspects, but still want some sportiness and lower ride height, Dinan delivers.
I?ve been very satisfied with the Dinan springs with stock shocks for a DD. Did you do the ride handing kit?
      06-21-2017, 03:14 PM   #612
madmonkey
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 335xi Alpine White

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by etinifni View Post
I?ve been very satisfied with the Dinan springs with stock shocks for a DD. Did you do the ride handing kit?
Yes. I didn't want to run the risk of riding on the stock bump stops.
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2017, 06:10 PM   #613
413Bimmer
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
So I installed the B14s two weeks ago... night and day even from the Dinan spring set up I had. Couldn't be happier
Appreciate 1
      06-21-2017, 08:37 PM   #614
Jadar
Dejan
Serbia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
So I installed the B14s two weeks ago... night and day even from the Dinan spring set up I had. Couldn't be happier
Nice! So did you need to use the Dinan bump stops with the B14's ?

Did they change the stance at all or height?
      06-21-2017, 08:45 PM   #615
413Bimmer
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

So it is designed to use the rear OEM bump stops, but no bump stops in the front as they are built in. And yes definitely lower. Not necessarily slammed but the height is adjustable from a 20-50mm drop (1.75in max). I believe the Dinan springs drop 20 mm?... I went as low as I could
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2017, 09:09 PM   #616
Jadar
Dejan
Serbia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

So it is designed to use the rear OEM bump stops, but no bump stops in the front as they are built in. And yes definitely lower. Not necessarily slammed but the height is adjustable from a 20-50mm drop (1.75in max). I believe the Dinan springs drop 20 mm?... I went as low as I could
Ah ok cool. So the b14 are adjustable didn't know that. So you're still on the Dinan springs right? Oh throw up some pics of the new stance