F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > 72 hours to getting my car!
Extreme Powerhouse

03-13-2013, 06:05 AM   #45
sunscreemer
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 320i xDrive M Sport Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by venkata View Post
Got the car. It came on a transporter and she was covered in salt from the motorway. Didn't get chance to make any changes I wanted as been running everyone round

Absolutely love the car! Neighbours have commented on how nice the EB colour is...

My only gripe is the lack of support for the iPhone 5. The car has the enhanced Bluetooth, but the connection registers the phone for talk only. Nothing else.

Getting used to no keys as I keep going for the keys when turning off.

Also coming from a manual to auto, huge difference. Need to get used to but is so lovely to drive.

Subject to weather I'll get car washed and parts replaced by weekend
Good to hear everything is ok. The EB seems to get admiring glances from everyone. I've not driven enough yet to see what happens when there's phone "activity" on my iPhone 5. So far I have received a call on the move, ironically from BMW, and the clarity sounded better than on my A3. I also went for keyless but i'm managing to get used to it easily. I've also now got the "foot waving" boot unlock to a fine art so 9 times out of 10 it works (and I don't look "special" as a result). Just how smooth is the auto? It's my first auto to and I love it. Was a big manual fan before but thanks to view on here I took the plunge and don't regret it one bit. Look forward to seeing the cleaned and post-mod pics!
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2013, 09:03 AM   #46
F30AM
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 330d M Sport sDrive

Congratulations. Was the car covered in white stuff?
      03-13-2013, 02:38 PM   #47
venkata
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 330e MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by derekh929 View Post
Thanks for the update lots of new toys to play with, re enhanched bluetooth is that an extra and can you get it without any off the Nav fuctions, no support for iphone a bit poor , lets hope it is updated soon, look forward to pics with the mods at weekend
The Enhanced USB was part of the Pro Nav but no longer is... It's a £350 extra now...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_M_Sport View Post
I have Prof Nav and an iPhone 5 and when the phone is connected via bluetooth , new text messages show on the iDrive screen. You can read them, reply and forward them through iDrive too.No emails or calendar entries though.

On the iPhone you need to set notifications to "on" for "Messages" in Settings.

The messages are deleted from iDrive after the ignition is switched off and the phone is disconnected.
Oooo Will try this later. I insisted on dropping the missus at college this evening. Can't think why
// /M-Sport | Mineral Grey | Coral Red Leather | M Sport Plus Pack | Media Pro Plus Pack | Active Security Pack | Adaptive LED Lights | Advanced Parking Pack | Interior Comfort Pack | Enhanced Bluetooth with Wireless Charging| Black Performance Grill | Heated Seats | Heated Steering | Speed Limit Display

Appreciate 0
      03-13-2013, 02:39 PM   #48
venkata
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by F30AM View Post
Congratulations. Was the car covered in white stuff?
LOTS of it... But not anymore. (for now anyway)
// /M-Sport | Mineral Grey | Coral Red Leather | M Sport Plus Pack | Media Pro Plus Pack | Active Security Pack | Adaptive LED Lights | Advanced Parking Pack | Interior Comfort Pack | Enhanced Bluetooth with Wireless Charging| Black Performance Grill | Heated Seats | Heated Steering | Speed Limit Display

Appreciate 0
      03-13-2013, 02:43 PM   #49
venkata
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunscreemer View Post
Good to hear everything is ok. The EB seems to get admiring glances from everyone. I've not driven enough yet to see what happens when there's phone "activity" on my iPhone 5. So far I have received a call on the move, ironically from BMW, and the clarity sounded better than on my A3. I also went for keyless but i'm managing to get used to it easily. I've also now got the "foot waving" boot unlock to a fine art so 9 times out of 10 it works (and I don't look "special" as a result). Just how smooth is the auto? It's my first auto to and I love it. Was a big manual fan before but thanks to view on here I took the plunge and don't regret it one bit. Look forward to seeing the cleaned and post-mod pics!
Totally agree, while some of the other colours are nice, EBII is an head turner and stands out so much. Showing the car to a few colleagues today and said spot the blue car! It wasn't hard...

Phone clarity is excellent.

I'm the same, this is my first Auto, and my god it's impressive. Early days yet, but i can't seem to stop my left hand to go and change gears, and the right and when i switch off, i still go to try and remove the keys!!! Lol

Appreciate 0
      03-13-2013, 02:47 PM   #50
venkata
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny5iv3 View Post
Congrats mate!

Can't wait to see pics of your mods! I'm particularly interested in the rear spoiler and the installation of the silver indicators bulbs!
Sorry about the quality, will post some better pics over weekend but have done all except the lights...

The spoiler was surprisingly easy.. Literally took 5 minutes

Some pics from the phone.

Appreciate 0
      03-13-2013, 03:17 PM   #51
derekh929
Major
Scotland
Rep
Drives: AMG C63s Coupe & F56 JCW

Quote:
Sorry about the quality, will post some better pics over weekend but have done all except the lights...

The spoiler was surprisingly easy.. Literally took 5 minutes

Some pics from the phone.

That looks fantastic love the Visability pack and rear lip spoiler looks great, thanks for posting up
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2013, 03:45 PM   #52
venkata
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
That looks fantastic love the Visability pack and rear lip spoiler looks great, thanks for posting up
No Problem. Just to note, i had to pay import duty/Tax on the Spoiler (£14.28) just add that in if you are looking at getting it from the same seller...

It came pretty quick from ordering..

Appreciate 0
      03-13-2013, 03:47 PM   #53
derekh929
Major
Scotland
Rep

Quote:
No Problem. Just to note, i had to pay import duty/Tax on the Spoiler (£14.28) just add that in if you are looking at getting it from the same seller...

It came pretty quick from ordering..
Is that the standard fog bulbs in the pick? I'm getting touring was going for salon upto two weeks before order
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2013, 03:52 PM   #54
venkata
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Is that the standard fog bulbs in the pick? I'm getting touring was going for salon upto two weeks before order
Haven't changed the fog lights yet or the indicator bulbs. Hope to do it weekend if not before...

Why the change to touring?

Appreciate 0
      03-13-2013, 03:59 PM   #55
venkata
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
I have Prof Nav and an iPhone 5 and when the phone is connected via bluetooth , new text messages show on the iDrive screen. You can read them, reply and forward them through iDrive too.No emails or calendar entries though.

On the iPhone you need to set notifications to "on" for "Messages" in Settings.

The messages are deleted from iDrive after the ignition is switched off and the phone is disconnected.
Hmmm, checked and settings show as "on" already... Can you play music through bluetooth? I can't...

Appreciate 0
      03-13-2013, 04:11 PM   #56
derekh929
Major
Scotland
Rep

Quote:
Haven't changed the fog lights yet or the indicator bulbs. Hope to do it weekend if not before...

Why the change to touring?
Well I seen a stunning touring EBII 19" 403 on lowered adaptive and had e46 330d m sport touring and loved it and when I bought my e90 salon the next week I saw 335d touring black with lemon leather and I wished I had gone for it, as not so common up in my neck of woods while there was stacks of black salons, also I do like the folding seats and the discount I got was very good close to my target
But hey love the salon as well but looked at spec with rear spoiler folding seats and other bits and changed
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2013, 04:32 PM   #57
Steve_M_Sport
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: U06 230e Active Tourer

Quote:
Hmmm, checked and settings show as "on" already... Can you play music through bluetooth? I can't...
Yes I can stream music from the iPhone5 via Bluetooth too - the dealer set that up for me. I worked out the text part after finding a helpful thread on this website. I will try to find it again and post the link.

The dealer did tell me you had no functionality at all with an iPhone other than phone and Bluetooth music so they don't know much about their product.
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2013, 04:49 PM   #58
venkata
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Yes I can stream music from the iPhone5 via Bluetooth too - the dealer set that up for me. I worked out the text part after finding a helpful thread on this website. I will try to find it again and post the link.

The dealer did tell me you had no functionality at all with an iPhone other than phone and Bluetooth music so they don't know much about their product.
Ah! Found the settings! Now have bluetooth Audio
On the car, had to go into Multimedia options and go into the Bluetooth settings there to enable... Why they don't have this under the Main Bluetooth Settings is beyond me...

The Text notification had to be enabled under the iphone's own Bluetooth settings too and not just the notification centre

Appreciate 0
      03-13-2013, 04:56 PM   #59
derekh929
Major
Scotland
Rep

Quote:

Steve have you all the pro media etc?
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2013, 04:57 PM   #60
Steve_M_Sport
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Try the detailed setup instructions on this page

http://www.f30post.com/forums/showth...=708682&page=8
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2013, 05:06 PM   #61
venkata
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Try the detailed setup instructions on this page

http://www.f30post.com/forums/showth...=708682&page=8
Thanks Steve! Made the necessary changes on phone. Will try out on the car tomorrow!

Appreciate 0
      03-13-2013, 05:41 PM   #62
HiBee
Major
Rep
Drives: F90 Comp 2019. DG & Silverston

venkata.

Lovely colour isn't it.
When you mentioned it came up to the dealership on the transporter, that got me thinking, my one is going to be very dirty with the salt on the roads probably.
I have instructed my dealer not to wash it. I can imagine my wifes face when she sees the bonnet & roof spotless, after the protection has been removed, with the rest of the bodywork manky.
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2013, 05:49 PM   #63
Steve_M_Sport
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

I've been out in my cold garage sat in the car and I now have text messages and emails displaying on the screen. I followed all the setup instructions in the thread link in my last post. The system even reads out the messages .

It may be a random unrelated fix but I set the sender of the email as a VIP on my iPhone5 and the email was then received. I received another email from a non VIP and that email displayed on the screen too. I will see if it still works on the drive into work in the morning.

I have tried to reply to a text message using the inbuilt dragon dictate which recorded the message but I couldn't send it via the IPhone - i will try again tomorrow.

Just think the BMW main dealer said the iPhone can't do any of this whilst saying a Blackberry has full functionality !
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2013, 05:52 PM   #64
derekh929
Major
Scotland
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiBee View Post
venkata.

Lovely colour isn't it.
When you mentioned it came up to the dealership on the transporter, that got me thinking, my one is going to be very dirty with the salt on the roads probably.
I have instructed my dealer not to wash it. I can imagine my wifes face when she sees the bonnet & roof spotless, after the protection has been removed, with the rest of the bodywork manky.
What you going to coat it with I'm going with Carpro C Quartz
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2013, 05:53 PM   #65
Steve_M_Sport
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Steve have you all the pro media etc?
Yes I have the professional media but not the BMW apps option.
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2013, 05:54 PM   #66
RichardM
Colonel
England
Rep
Drives: G21 M340i LCI

Quote:
I have tried to reply to a text message using the inbuilt dragon dictate which recorded the message but I couldn't send it via the IPhone - i will try again tomorrow.
It doesn't support any iPhone I'm afraid. Shame as the dictate works really well but won't actually send.
Appreciate 0