F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > BMW Ultimate Drive Smartphone App Offering $300 Credit Towards New 2012 3 Series
Extreme Powerhouse

06-06-2012, 11:14 PM   #67
svache
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 F30 328i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfu View Post
This deal is a loyalty program for exist BMWFS customer to discover and buy a new 3 series.

Per socialnav:
Let me fix that line for you:

This deal is a loyalty program for exist BMWFS customer to discover and finance or lease a new 3 series.

We were a BMWFS customer (our X5 was leased) and we bought a new 3 series, yet we were not eligible since we didn't finance it but paid it full in cash.

Note: Many PM me for links to the software needed to code. Please note that I do not have download links to this software. Your best bet is using the search function in the coding thread
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2012, 09:47 PM   #68
RedlineSi
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2012 328i

So my dealer used the $300 as a rebate on the price of the car. I got my first statement and it was indeed applied from BMWFS, but I paid the entire first payment. Seems like false advertising to me to say $300 towards first payment, then have it end up coming off the total price of the car.
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2012, 10:56 PM   #69
socialnav
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedlineSi View Post
So my dealer used the $300 as a rebate on the price of the car. I got my first statement and it was indeed applied from BMWFS, but I paid the entire first payment. Seems like false advertising to me to say $300 towards first payment, then have it end up coming off the total price of the car.
Hi Redline,

I'm glad to hear that you were able to use this offer. It was written as a credit against your first payment, and it sounds like you got a credit on the first payment. So that's good to hear. If a buyer is taking out a loan, then nothing is due up front other than any downpayment. The dealer can’t take $300 off that since a downpayment is contractually different from a rebate (which is what the $300 is). So in the case of a loan, the $300 is taken off on the first invoice, usually 30 days after the contract is booked.

Hope that helps,

Daniel
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2012, 11:12 PM   #70
NAV8TT
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 ///M3 E92 DCT ZCP

they told me they'll apply and to go ahead and make my 1st payment - $300, I did that then my 2nd statement came and it was $300 extra??! called and they went back and forth and they said dealer never sent them anything, I was so frustrated and the point wasn't the damn $300, it was that I'm a 3rd timer w these guys ans had 2 bimmers prior to this one and felt that I got total crappy service and no explanation what so ever. I the received an email to evaluate the financial service dept and I trashed them in it. The following day I received a special call from bmwna apologizing and telling me that they waived the $300 period and ask me if anything else they can do.
      06-11-2012, 11:23 PM   #71
tony20009
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i - Coupe

Bonus!!! I think. Why don't they make that offer available to cash consumers? Has anyone here paid cash for their car and been able to take advantage of this offer?

I hadn't planned on financing the car I'm buying, but there's no denying the extra hour spent in the BMW store with the finance guy will be worth $300, but I'm not going to lie: I don't like having to disclose the information they want when one finances a car. In these days of identify theft and credit fraud, etc., the less I have to make that information available, the better.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'07, e92 335i, Sparkling Graphite, Coral Leather, Aluminum, 6-speed
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2012, 11:30 PM   #72
tony20009
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i - Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince300 View Post
they told me they'll apply and to go ahead and make my 1st payment - $300, I did that then my 2nd statement came and it was $300 extra??! called and they went back and forth and they said dealer never sent them anything, I was so frustrated and the point wasn't the damn $300, it was that I'm a 3rd timer w these guys ans had 2 bimmers prior to this one and felt that I got total crappy service and no explanation what so ever. I the received an email to evaluate the financial service dept and I trashed them in it. The following day I received a special call from bmwna apologizing and telling me that they waived the $300 period and ask me if anything else they can do.
Glad to hear they finally delivered what you invested your efforts for.

You are far more generous than I; I don't like leaving money on the table, least of all mine. For me, the $300 would have exactly been the point. The additional anguish they put me through would have been a separate point. And when they asked me if there was anything else they can do, my answer would have been, "Yes, you can credit me another $300 for causing me to involuntarily spend my time making sure you lived up to your end of the offer."

That would have been my reply because (i) I would have been genuinely ticked off I had to follow up for them on something they should have been on top of to begin with (and I really don't car whether it was the dealer's error or BMWNA's error -- the affect on me is the same), and (ii) I know, as I've said before, what one doesn't request, one typically doesn't get.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'07, e92 335i, Sparkling Graphite, Coral Leather, Aluminum, 6-speed

Last edited by tony20009; 06-11-2012 at 11:35 PM..
Appreciate 0