F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Some brief thoughts on my F31 335d...
proTUNING Freaks

08-31-2014, 03:51 PM   #23
General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: xxxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tengocity View Post
It's been great! After the last two summer trips being in the Z4 we had got used to the fresh air... It's no convertible but it let's in the smells and sounds of where you are, and when in mountainous areas gives you a much better sense of where you are.
When around towns and cities we have it fully open and then on tilt when on faster roads. At motorway cruising speeds it's not too bad on tilt, just comes down to what mood we're in.
During the day we tend to keep the blind open. Lots of light, though you hear more wind noise than when the blind is closed.
I think the next car will have pano, by then xenons will be standard.

It's definitely an extra dimension for holiday drives.
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2014, 03:31 AM   #24
Ross_T_Boss
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335d Touring

That's a reassuring read, I didn't buy the car to be a miles cruncher but the intention was that it would have that capability. I'm going to be putting 3k a month on it for the next few months at least and it feels like I might actually be justifying it's purchase now it's elevated from school run & family use...

It looks great on the ACS springs too. My missus prefers comfort over Sport, although to be honest I've found myself reverting to comfort for motorway use - the difference seems more pronounced than ever - which I thought justified a purchase, until she added 'it won't make the car any lower will it?'. Umm....
Appreciate 0