F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Android 7.0 bluetooth issues
GetBMWParts

07-26-2017, 09:28 AM   #1
mtbnole
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 328i Msport

Android 7.0 bluetooth issues

Randomly a couple months ago my idrive wiped all phone data(both mine and my wife's phones). I re-pairedd my phone (Galaxy s6 active with Android 7.0) and it doesn't want to work. It will connect, then disconnect. Other times it will connect if I select the phone, but then disconnects within the first 30 seconds of a call. In for other service last week (still under warranty) and was told they could not replicate the issue/were able to connect another phone just fine.

I don't generally care about iDrive/tech (I have the base bluetooth and no tech/navi). but bluetooth seems like a basic function that should work. It worked for over 3 years, with no issues.

thoughts? I'm not buying an iphone...
      07-26-2017, 10:25 AM   #2
madmonkey
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 335xi Alpine White

Garage List
I have noticed that bluetooth gets weird whenever there's an update. I don't know if you have tried these steps, but here's what I would do...

1) Attempt to add another phone - to replicate the dealership's results. Never take their word that everything is just all in your head.

2) If you haven't already updated the iDrive to the latest software version, do that. For this you'll need to download from BMW based on VIN and save to a USB key. Then plug that into USB in armrest and select update software in iDrive.

3) Delete the pairing info on your phone and the car - start from scratch to see if you can get it working.

Having done those steps:
If your phone still malfunctions, you could very well have a bad update just on your phone. You may have to factory reset and reload Android 7, but this should be done as method of last resort b/c you'll need to back up everything and that can be a pain if you have lots of pictures on your phone.

I would never suggest for you to get an iPhone - my wife's is constantly messed up. I have an S7 and have had zero problems.
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2017, 07:38 PM   #3
mtbnole
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 328i Msport

Thanks madmonkey. I will be taking it back to the dealer. I wasn't able to pick it up myself when it was done this time, so I couldn't show them the issues.
Appreciate 0