F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > F30 DIYs and Coding Discussions > BMW F30 3 Series Coding DIY - Code Auto Start Stop, DVD, Folding Mirrors, Etc.
MINHS Auto Care Center

Yesterday, 03:14 PM   #7261
Pmarszal

Drives: 2011 BMW 528i

I am starting to learn coding and have a question about E-Sys token. DO I NEED IT? I have seen mixed answers and want to find out so i dont screw anything up in my car. I heard you dont need it if you are doing the basic coding like DVDinMotion and such. Is this true?
      Yesterday, 03:18 PM   #7262
shawnsheridan
Brigadier General

Drives: 2011 535i M-Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pmarszal View Post
I am starting to learn coding and have a question about E-Sys token. DO I NEED IT? I have seen mixed answers and want to find out so i dont screw anything up in my car. I heard you dont need it if you are doing the basic coding like DVDinMotion and such. Is this true?
You do not need a Token solution to VO Code.

You do need a Token solution to FDL Code.

Considering 95% of coding is FDL Coding, including DVD-In-Motion, I would say you need a Token solution.

- 2011 535i M-Sport (Born 10/10) - AW/BLK/DW - /ZMP (w/ARS, EDC, DHP, & AD) /ZPP /ZP2 (w/ZPS & ZPT) /ZCV (w/SCAD) /6FL /6VC
- Mods - M5 343M 20" Forged Wheels / 6WB MFID / 2TB SAT / 4U1 Ceramic / 6NR Apps / PDV 5k Fogs / Rear Fogs / Euro Tail Lights / Cyba Quad Tips
shawnsheridan is offline   United_States
      Yesterday, 08:20 PM   #7263
Pmarszal

What will happen when I try to code without token? Brick my car or will it give me an error? The reason I ask is because I dont know if my token is installed properly!
      Yesterday, 09:08 PM   #7264
shawnsheridan
Brigadier General

Garage List
Quote:
What will happen when I try to code without token? Brick my car or will it give me an error? The reason I ask is because I dont know if my token is installed properly!
You will just get an error code. It won't do any harm.

- 2011 535i M-Sport (Born 10/10) - AW/BLK/DW - /ZMP (w/ARS, EDC, DHP, & AD) /ZPP /ZP2 (w/ZPS & ZPT) /ZCV (w/SCAD) /6FL /6VC
- Mods - M5 343M 20" Forged Wheels / 6WB MFID / 2TB SAT / 4U1 Ceramic / 6NR Apps / PDV 5k Fogs / Rear Fogs / Euro Tail Lights / Cyba Quad Tips
      Yesterday, 09:29 PM   #7265
Pmarszal

my token did not include any .jar files. Just .est file that I pointed E-Sys to. Is this the right way to do it?
      Yesterday, 09:33 PM   #7266
shawnsheridan
Brigadier General

Garage List
Quote:
my token did not include any .jar files. Just .est file that I pointed E-Sys to. Is this the right way to do it?
Yes, but it won't work.

You will need to get with your Token solution provider for resolution.

Yesterday, 10:12 PM   #7267
shawnsheridan
Brigadier General

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by efwkm View Post
Hi Shawn,

I have some questions need you help.

1.activate idrive offce
I saw bmw coding datebase has code,idrive office is disabled based on country controllers. this will enables you to have access to the office menu which will be located on the main idrive menu,so need to modify the read FA remove country controller code SL8AX from the vehicle FA then vo code cmb_media and hu_cic.but i find my vehicle FA ,I don't have SL8AX or vo 8AX,what's the SL8AX mean in us bmw vo code?
my f35 vehicle FA salapa-element only has 1AK,1CA,255,2H3,2TB,2VL,3AG,430,488,494,4B8,4DM,50 2,522,534,544,548,5AH,609,676,6NK,6UH,6VA,6WA,702, 7K4,7S2,825,866,878,892,8AA,8KE,8SD,8SM,8IN,993.I searched bmwvin code P7K4A description means CKD CHINA HIGH,is this country controller?
I removed 7K4 from FA and try to vo code HU_CIC CMB_MEDIA, code HU_CIC MACRO_PIM > AKTIV , HU_CIC=>3003 SYSTEM_EINSTELLUNGEN=>COUNTRY=hongkong,after that,still no office menu show on idrive menu,do i miss something?

2.I saw a video ,that f30 changed vehicle emergency lights double flash,it's very personality,but i searched in f30 Fem_body ,it doesn't has DOPPELBLINKIMPULS_WARNBLK code which can change car emergency lights double flash,can we has it?and i searched key words BLINK in the fem_body module which code is correct to change the double flash ?

thanks.
For Office on China Spec CIC, remove remove 8AA, Leave 866, and VO Code HU_CIC, then FDL Code HU_CIC => NAVI_VARIANTE = china. For NBT, it should work with 8AA.

I have never found a way code the double blink flashers.

Last edited by shawnsheridan; Today at 05:04 AM.
      Today, 12:31 AM   #7268
Pmarszal

What is the legality of coding your car? Is it legal? Will BMW take me court if this is done?
      Today, 02:06 AM   #7269
shawnsheridan
Brigadier General

Garage List
Quote:
What is the legality of coding your car? Is it legal? Will BMW take me court if this is done?
It's your car. You can do whatever you wan't to it. Why would they sue you?

Now if you somehow "break" the car coding it, and they can pin it on your coding, they may refuse to repair it under warranty.

Today, 04:30 AM   #7270
williammm
Enlisted Member

Drives: F30 328i

Shawn, how can we prevent ourselves from "breaking" the codes?
Is there a way to "restore" back to normal?
      Today, 04:33 AM   #7271
shawnsheridan
Brigadier General

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by williammm View Post
Shawn, how can we prevent ourselves from "breaking" the codes?
Is there a way to "restore" back to normal?
Load factory FA, VO Code ECU(s) to restore factory settings.

Today, 10:29 AM   #7272
BeVeRM
Registered

Drives: F31

Quote:
Originally Posted by IainSmith View Post
Hello All

ive coded a fair bit of my F20 M135i June 2014 now with success, however there are a couple of things which aren't 'working' or failing to find the option to code.

I have bus nav with HU_champ2

FIRST ISSUE

Ive coded for BMW Live and although i now see the items available, and also done the required update. when i try to access e.g.: the internet i get a error message back, and when i select BMW live it states it was not purchased as part of the car order? Details Below

I see under the available options status Internet and BMW Live. But yet when i select internet it is still stating a browser error. <Application error in Browser please try again or restart the application>

Also when i select BMW Live it messages with <this is an optional service that has not been purchased for this vehicle>

Under available services for the vehicle are

Assist My Info
Assist traffic information
Assist Emergency Call
Automatic tele service call
BMW Live
BMW Mobile Care
Battery Guard
Door Unlock
Internet
Teleservice Report
Vehicle finder

SECOND ISSUE
I thought id be able to change the Idrive/connected start up image to the M logo image. (Im sure I've seen the option but i can't find it on my car. <another forum member 'wibbles' has said this is only a option on the ProNav?> can anyone confirm this?

Third Issue
I want the car to remember the last damn setting on the AC.. and the code line is
IHKA 3002 OFF_MEMORY Air Conditioning will remember if ‘Off’ or ‘On’ from previous shutdown.

yet i can't find this on my car??

last Issue
I wanted to get the weather reading option on the screen, and i think its an option to do. advise would be great.

Thank you all in advance
Regards
Iain Smith
Hi Ian

Have you solved the BMW live and internet problem? I'm facing the same...
      Today, 02:27 PM   #7273
marcu
Registered

Drives: 335i High Exec Saphire Black

Shawn, could i get access to the software/token?

Much appreciated!