F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Sirius radio question
GetBMWParts

12-27-2012, 08:24 PM   #1
fastduo
Private
Rep
Drives: 2012 335 Melbourne Red Sport/T

Sirius radio question

I purchased my '12 335 about two weeks ago. On the options list from the dealer, it said "Sirius prep". I cannot find Sirius anywhere. I called the salesman and he said that I had to go to the dealer and have it downloaded in the car.
I thought with "prep", that all I would have to do is transfer my subscription from my last car to this car expecially since it has the "tech" package as well as sport. I am guessing it's not going to be that easy.

Any other solutions other than the dealership?

Gurus....Enlighten me please . Thank you.
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2012, 09:44 PM   #2
snowghost
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 335i M-Sport 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastduo View Post
I purchased my '12 335 about two weeks ago. On the options list from the dealer, it said "Sirius prep". I cannot find Sirius anywhere. I called the salesman and he said that I had to go to the dealer and have it downloaded in the car.
I thought with "prep", that all I would have to do is transfer my subscription from my last car to this car expecially since it has the "tech" package as well as sport. I am guessing it's not going to be that easy.

Any other solutions other than the dealership?

Gurus....Enlighten me please . Thank you.
Do you have the antenna? And if so and you have the Sirius ESN you can deal with Sirius directly. That's what I did when I bought my 2006 M3 used.
      12-27-2012, 09:47 PM   #3
fastduo
Private
Rep
Drives: 2012 335 Melbourne Red Sport/T

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowghost View Post
Do you have the antenna? And if so and you have the Sirius ESN you can deal with Sirius directly. That's what I did when I bought my 2006 M3 used.
Which is the Sirius antenna? The shark fin on the roof? If so, then yes, I have it. It is not even an option on any of my radio functions. My salesman said it has to be downloaded (maybe coded as I have read here about other things). ????
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2012, 11:27 PM   #4
SamS
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: Tesla M3 Perf + '18 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastduo View Post
My salesman said it has to be downloaded (maybe coded as I have read here about other things). ????
Your dealer can sell you the retrofit activation. It will be $400-$500.
Appreciate 0