F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Site Related Announcements - Suggestions - Feedback - Questions > New Posts shows every post all day
Extreme Powerhouse

06-10-2015, 02:08 PM   #23
GOLFFRR
Rep
Drives: GOLFFRR cart

I have expressed to jason my thoughts on this new format as well.

It's odd bc once you post and press new post you don't see the post you just posted.

I'm sure I'll get use to it this way and make it work however makes flow in my process slower

BEFORE YOU BUY YOUR NEXT BMW, PM ME FIRST WE CAN HOOK YOU UP!
Jimmy Miller:Jimmym@bmwofcamarillo.com Cell:805-509-2048
If you have any issues getting a hold of Jimmy M PLEASE PM me, I'm available everyday till 545pm!
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2015, 02:10 PM   #24
apptest
Private2
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 F32 Coupe!

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by GOLFFRR View Post
I have expressed to jason my thoughts on this new format as well.

It's odd bc once you post and press new post you don't see the post you just posted.

I'm sure I'll get use to it this way and make it work however makes flow in my process slower
You wont see your own post as new because its not new, by posting it you've seen it. This is a much more accurate and precise listing of posts that are actually NEW.

The problem is a different problem that tom is talking about where posts from other sites are bleeding into a site you are on which I want to fix. I think I might of fixed it now, but will see what tom says

Mark
      06-10-2015, 02:16 PM   #25
tom @ eas
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Garage List
2018 BMW i3s  [0.00]
2010 BMW M3  [6.50]
2015 BMW M4  [5.25]
Quote:
Originally Posted by apptest View Post
Tom how are you getting to this list? Is it from clikcing 'New Posts' ?
Quick Links >> Today's Posts. the change happened on ~6/7-6/8.

GET DAILY UPDATES ON OUR BLOG · FACEBOOK · YOUTUBE · FLICKR · INSTAGRAM
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2015, 02:21 PM   #26
Marc08EX
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 E82 135i

Quote:
You wont see your own post as new because its not new, by posting it you've seen it. This is a much more accurate and precise listing of posts that are actually NEW.

The problem is a different problem that tom is talking about where posts from other sites are bleeding into a site you are on which I want to fix. I think I might of fixed it now, but will see what tom says

Mark
I'm experiencing both GOLFFRR's and Tom's problems... And it's ANNOYING!

With regards to GOLFFRR's experience. Let's say I hit "new posts" the first time. You'd see everything you haven't read. Let's say you click 1 thread and read that thread. Afterwards, you hit "new posts" again. The thread you just clicked is not in the list of new posts anymore. I know what you're saying that it's not "new" anymore but it wasn't like this before. Before the change happened, the thread you just clicked will still be in the list of the "new posts" but it's just not highlighted in BOLD anymore. That's the first annoyance. The second annoyance is it shows all the threads you haven't read before your last visit. It never did that before. Before the changes, it only showed you new posts since the last visit.

The third annoyance I'm experiencing is the exact same thing tom @ eas is saying. Let's say I'm browsing the 1addicts forum. Before, majority of the threads when you hit "new posts" are related to 1addicts. There'll be a few exceptions but it's only a few. Now, you see every thread "bleeding" like you said, to 1addicts. M3post, X5/6, etc... It's so hard to keep track which is which...

I also read somewhere (in this thread probably) that these changes are being done to mimic the Bimmerpost app and have them sync'ed up. What's weird is that these problems don't show up in the Bimmerpost app. When I click new posts in 1addicts, I only see threads (majority) that's related to 1addicts. It also doesn't remove the thread I just read.. It just removes the BOLD condition if I've already read the thread. Kind of like how Microsoft Outlook or any e-mail client works...

I've sent all these feedback to Dackelone as well.
2011 135i 6MT | Alpine White | Terracotta Boston Leather | M-Sport | BMW Performance Exhaust Resonator Delete | Active Autowerke Signature Exhaust | BMW Performance Suspension | Blackline LCI Taillights | BMW Performance CF Spoiler | CF Rear Diffuser | PPK | E92 M3 FSB | Matte Black Kidney Grilles | VMR V710 Jet Anthracite | Michelin PSS | BMW SS Pedals
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2015, 02:21 PM   #27
apptest
Private2
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom @ eas View Post
Quick Links >> Today's Posts. the change happened on ~6/7-6/8.
Thanks, should be fixed now?
      06-10-2015, 02:22 PM   #28
tom @ eas
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2018 BMW i3s  [0.00]
2010 BMW M3  [6.50]
2015 BMW M4  [5.25]
Quote:
Thanks, should be fixed now?
Think that did the trick, thanks a bunch!

GET DAILY UPDATES ON OUR BLOG · FACEBOOK · YOUTUBE · FLICKR · INSTAGRAM
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2015, 02:22 PM   #29
Ok
Private First Class
Rep

Yeah it`s doing the same to me. When I click new posts or when offline today's posts, all the forums recent posts all show, I`m getting frustrated of looking for the posts from the e90 forum only. I just don`t come on as often as before
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2015, 02:31 PM   #30
apptest
Private2
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Thanks Marc08EX ! That was helpful

Ok we are talking about several different issues

Issue #1) Posts from other sites are showing on the current site when looking at either "Today's Posts" or "New Posts"
Answer: This should now be fixed, for everyone chiming that its still happening, can you please check now (after reading this reply) to make sure its still happening to you? If it is still happening can you please screen cap it to help me diagnose it?

Issue #2) After making a reply to a thread, the thread no longer displays in the New Posts list. GOLFRRR's issue.
Answer: Sorry, but this cannot be 'fixed' because what you describe would actually be a broken functioning of the New Posts function. I understand that you prefer the other way for your workflow, but please try to accept i because it just doesnt make sense to have everyone's new posts lists cluttered with threads they just replied into.

Issue #3) After you read a thread in the new posts list, it no longer shows up in the new posts list. Variant of Issue #2. Marc08EX's issue.
Answer: This is true! Unforunatly, we can no longer show the thread thats been read in the new posts lists after its been read. This is because to accomplish what you are describing is to basicly create a certain amount of time window that a thread will be considered 'unread' even though it has been read. This will be a very tricky thing to do. We are basicly making a very precise marker of where a person has last read a thread (based on time) which will translate across all platforms (this will only work with the next iphone app release, which is scheduled for the end of this month, so it wont be working yet for you on the current app, but it works for me on my test beta app)

Issue #4) Threads which you have not read but are not new since your last visit show up in the New posts list.
Answer: This has been just removed. You can try clicking 'mark forums read' and then click new posts again see if its working for you
      06-10-2015, 02:39 PM   #31
Marc08EX
Lieutenant
Rep

apptest

Looks like issue #1 is now resolved. I don't see any other thread bleeding into the current forum you're on. Will give you feedback if we see otherwise again.

For issue #3. The read threads that are still "new", which show up as not in bold as opposed to the unread new thread that are marked as bold is how it worked before the change. So obviously it's the change that broke it. Seems like whatever change you made a difference. When I hit "new posts", click a thread, hit "new posts" again, I still see that thread in my list of new posts. But it's still highlighted bold. Before, that will change to be not bold because I already read it. It's still new but I have read it...
2011 135i 6MT | Alpine White | Terracotta Boston Leather | M-Sport | BMW Performance Exhaust Resonator Delete | Active Autowerke Signature Exhaust | BMW Performance Suspension | Blackline LCI Taillights | BMW Performance CF Spoiler | CF Rear Diffuser | PPK | E92 M3 FSB | Matte Black Kidney Grilles | VMR V710 Jet Anthracite | Michelin PSS | BMW SS Pedals
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2015, 02:44 PM   #32
apptest
Private2
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc08EX
apptest

Looks like issue #1 is now resolved. I don't see any other thread bleeding into the current forum you're on. Will give you feedback if we see otherwise again.

For issue #3. The read threads that are still "new", which show up as not in bold as opposed to the unread new thread that are marked as bold is how it worked before the change. So obviously it's the change that broke it. Seems like whatever change you made a difference. When I hit "new posts", click a thread, hit "new posts" again, I still see that thread in my list of new posts. But it's still highlighted bold. Before, that will change to be not bold because I already read it. It's still new but I have read it...
Thanks. Looking into figuring out a solution for this. It is happening because listing new posts is in essence a search. All searchs in vb are actually cached for about an hour but let me see if I can do something about this.

On the flip side for anyone using the app, you will love this change. You will always be in sync with stuff you've already read
      06-10-2015, 02:45 PM   #33
GOLFFRR
Rep

Quote:

Mark
Either way as a vendor who post a ton and is on the forums a ton seeing post of mine or where I have been helps a lot. The new way is fine if that's the direction you want to go I understand however from my point of view it isn't for the best but I will adapt!

If you have any issues getting a hold of Jimmy M PLEASE PM me, I'm available everyday till 545pm!
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2015, 02:47 PM   #34
GOLFFRR
Rep

Ps whatever you just did seems to have worked and it's back to normal! Disregard my input I'm happy now

Appreciate 0
      06-10-2015, 04:01 PM   #35
Marc08EX
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Thanks. Looking into figuring out a solution for this. It is happening because listing new posts is in essence a search. All searchs in vb are actually cached for about an hour but let me see if I can do something about this.

On the flip side for anyone using the app, you will love this change. You will always be in sync with stuff you've already read
Hi apptest,

The thread that I read turning to normal font instead of bold after hitting "new posts" after reading the thread is now back to normal!!!

Thanks for fixing it.
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2015, 02:41 AM   #36
sterile stork
coupe la goon
United_States
Rep
Drives: green, black, white

Garage List
Sorry to add to the issue list--however subscriptions are not working, haven't been for at least the past week. My user control panel, the primary means by which I track what I should be viewing, isn't updating. Adding threads to the list isn't doing much either :/ Please help, and many thanks!
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2015, 01:12 AM   #37
Nugget
Colonel
Rep
Drives: G81 M3 Touring, GR Supra GTS

Garage List
2011 BMW 135i  [10.00]
Why do all the off topic posts show up in New Posts now?
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2015, 08:22 PM   #38
Nugget
Colonel
Rep

Garage List
2011 BMW 135i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nugget View Post
Why do all the off topic posts show up in New Posts now?
Is there a way to make it so off topic forum posts don't show up in "New Posts"
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2016, 08:48 PM   #39
Nugget
Colonel
Rep

Garage List
2011 BMW 135i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nugget View Post
Is there a way to make it so off topic forum posts don't show up in "New Posts"