F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Site Related Announcements - Suggestions - Feedback - Questions > What is happening to 1Addicts?
Extreme Powerhouse
Closed Thread

02-04-2009, 08:02 PM   #23
imported_mega
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: various bmw's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvius View Post
<sarcasm> This place has alot more posting, people and loads alot faster now. You are right this sucks!! </sarcasm>
your right, but none of those are reasons why I post here
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2009, 08:04 PM   #24
Citizen Z
Alpine Master
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 135i AW Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorsports_3 View Post
I would think it got bought out?
Maybe; I can't hardly see how this place would make anybody money unless the Sponsors give the owners a monthly. Tire Rack.com is the only site that has a banner ad. Maybe this places ~does~ see enough traffic to be a profitable enterprise. I'd never thought about it.

Fastness: http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=252727
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2009, 08:05 PM   #25
AW09M3
1addict, and proud
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by imported_mega View Post
your right, but none of those are reasons why I post here
a little off topic but do you still own all those cars in your signature? Im thinking of getting a weekend 2k2 and wondering if you had to restore it or did you buy one already in good condition?
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2009, 08:12 PM   #26
Dave
formerly izzo/comeback
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 RC 350 F Sport

Garage List
2008 135i  [6.80]
i miss the old 1 addicts too
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2009, 08:16 PM   #27
imported_mega
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvius View Post
a little off topic but do you still own all those cars in your signature? Im thinking of getting a weekend 2k2 and wondering if you had to restore it or did you buy one already in good condition?
all those are sold, I loved the 2002 but they can be a real pain to keep going, they need constant attention unless you do a full teardown restore

I sorted all the mechanicals/electrical and then the wife had enough

this was mine

Appreciate 0
      02-04-2009, 08:25 PM   #28
AW09M3
1addict, and proud
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by imported_mega View Post
all those are sold, I loved the 2002 but they can be a real pain to keep going, they need constant attention unless you do a full teardown restore

I sorted all the mechanicals/electrical and then the wife had enough

this was mine

Wow what a beauty!!! Im still trying to learn everything I can aboutthis car. So to save myself a long term headache you suggest a full teardown and restore from the start, so I should buy a less then perfect car and go from there rather then purchase one already restored by someone else who Im not sure of what they have done?
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2009, 08:36 PM   #29
imported_mega
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Rust is bad, start out with as little rust as possible, it likes to get into corners like door sills, and where the fenders meet, and the headlight areas down in the corners

finding one without rust is the challenge
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2009, 08:37 PM   #30
imported_mega
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

ohh great, there's that bug, no link back to 1addicts forum now

and it's not listed on the top list of sites
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2009, 09:29 PM   #31
Pirate
Banned
Seychelles
Rep
Drives: 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by guardianangel3290 View Post
i believe an uprising is in order, anyone else down for mutiny? lol
I'm always down for mutiny!

VIVA LA REVOLUCIÓN !

Last edited by Pirate; 02-04-2009 at 10:05 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2009, 09:33 PM   #32
Pirate
Banned
Seychelles
Rep
Drives: 135i

Seriously, I did not know the 1ADDICTS mods had left. They were cool, but so is Mark. Is he still around?
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2009, 10:25 PM   #33
guardianangel3290
Free at last
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2006 Audi S-line Quattro

yea mark is the bimmerposr admin

so is it just me or does it seem the the core group of members has changed recently too. it seems like alot of the guys i would see on the old 1addicts arent here anymore

**If the possibility exists that you may have "failed" in either a normal or "epic" fashion, please follow this link.**
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2009, 11:22 PM   #34
Year's_End
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Shelby GT350

Mikeo's the only mod to have ever given me an infraction (and he managed to do it within 4 days of the merge ), and all I said was "the poll seems to be influenced depending on where it's posted ". And I couldn't shake this feeling I got from Surname...like the 1addicts crowd was superior. It's all the same.

Bottom line: the mods are stricter over at 1addicts (for better or for worse, you decide).
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2009, 11:29 PM   #35
guardianangel3290
Free at last
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer Loyalist View Post
Mikeo's the only mod to have ever given me an infraction (and he managed to do it within 4 days of the merge ), and all I said was "the poll seems to be influenced depending on where it's posted ". And I couldn't shake this feeling I got from Surname...like the 1addicts crowd was superior. It's all the same.

Bottom line: the mods are stricter over at 1addicts (for better or for worse, you decide).
yea that infraction was bullshit haha you didnt do anything wrong

and they did keep a pretty tight reign on the boards but i didnt mind, they did a good job at keeping everything friendly

**If the possibility exists that you may have "failed" in either a normal or "epic" fashion, please follow this link.**
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2009, 11:41 PM   #36
Year's_End
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by guardianangel3290 View Post
yea that infraction was bullshit haha you didnt do anything wrong

and they did keep a pretty tight reign on the boards but i didnt mind, they did a good job at keeping everything friendly
watch out man, bullshit is a bad word. you might get an infraction.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2009, 12:30 AM   #37
guardianangel3290
Free at last
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
watch out man, bullshit is a bad word. you might get an infraction.
all the old mods are gone
im gonna be diggin deep into my bag of tricks now lol

Appreciate 0
      02-05-2009, 12:30 AM   #38
LOLrance
The Law.
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: BMW

I cant speak for the other moderators at 1addicts as i never had encounters with them, but Mikeo (for lack of a better word) was a prick. Kept talking all big saying to a few e90post regulars that there was a new sheriff in town and things that slide in the past wont now. Hell, he gave ra2fanatic an infraction for QUOTING someone that said something racist. But the guy that ra2fanatic quoted, who actually said something racist, didnt even get an infraction.
      02-05-2009, 12:32 AM   #39
to_riffic
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: rwd

Quote:
Originally Posted by l4wr3nc3 View Post
I cant speak for the other moderators at 1addicts as i never had encounters with them, but Mikeo (for lack of a better word) was a prick. Kept talking all big saying to a few e90post regulars that there was a new sheriff in town and things that slide in the past wont now. Hell, he gave ra2fanatic an infraction for QUOTING someone that said something racist. But the guy that my ra2fanatic quoted, who actually said something racist, didnt even get an infraction.

i got slapped w/ a bs infraction. i'll take one wen i deserve one, but that infraction was unwarranted....

Appreciate 0
      02-05-2009, 03:21 AM   #40
Year's_End
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by l4wr3nc3 View Post
I cant speak for the other moderators at 1addicts as i never had encounters with them, but Mikeo (for lack of a better word) was a prick. Kept talking all big saying to a few e90post regulars that there was a new sheriff in town and things that slide in the past wont now. Hell, he gave ra2fanatic an infraction for QUOTING someone that said something racist. But the guy that ra2fanatic quoted, who actually said something racist, didnt even get an infraction.
Glad they're gone.

Why can't I get my current infraction removed? There's no legitimate reason for it.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2009, 06:22 AM   #41
MastaMind
I like beer
Rep
Drives: AW 135

Well, it appears that the 1addicts crew really liked Mikeo, larryn, Chrisk, surname, etc., and the E90 post folks don't. That's fine, and I can't say that I personally agree with the infraction that BL received, but I also understand the mods' intentions. There were many people that were leery about the merger, and the mods, due to their love for the community, were trying to do their best to keep the 1addicts feel the same.

Honestly, 1addicts had a completely different feel to the community than bimmerpost does. The mods where attempting to keep 1add in check and probably came off as pricks to those from bimmerpost.

The mods were, however, an instrumental part of establishing what 1addicts was. They genuinely helped the forum members as best as they could. They represented the mentality of that site, and their absence will only allow the remnants of 1addicts to diminish faster.

As it stands, 1addicts will now be a place to obtain technical info, DIY guides, and purchase parts , but I can't say that I'll want to be too involved with the community. It just ain't the same.

I'll now end my diatribe, but not without thanking the 1addicts mods for doing their part in building what was a phenomenal community.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2009, 06:25 AM   #42
larryn
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '97 332ti, '21 X5 45e, '16 GT4

Quote:
Glad they're gone.
"Gone" is a relative term in this statement. The two sites had pretty different moderating styles. So, for you to think we were "pricks", the 1addicts saw posts that would garner an infraction.

For me, it was told that the site would remain in tact, and we should uphold our standard method of moderating (which we did). With the meld of the two sites, it didn't seem possible to keep the same "feel" of the old 1addicts alive, as there are very different moderating styles between the two sites, which caused infractions where e90post members are not used to seeing them, and very "non-1addicts-like" posts in 1addicts forums. Post whoring was really cracked down on at 1addicts too, but not really cared about in bimmerpost forums.

Still, we were told to continued to run it as the old 1addicts. It became apparent to me that it just was not possible, and the sites (for better of worse) have a very different feel, and with merged areas and splash-over posts, it was impossible to moderate 1addicts in any manner close to what we were used to, without causing problems. I saw things change rapidly and just did not want to be part of getting told to do things one way, when it's not what the bimmerpost people are used to seeing. If we "let up" and be less intrusive, it caused problematic "splash-over" posts that 1addicts would never have normally seen. Lose-lose situation. Nobody came out and said this, but it came down to: either we let 1addicts change to turn into a bimmerpost-like "feel", or cause a major rift with our carried-over moderating norm.

So, to be able to continue moderating, I came to the conclusion that I would have to greatly change how I viewed the postings, and I told the Admins that I dont know that I can learn to do that, and respectfully asked to have my additional access stripped.

As far as the "gone" goes, I've posted here since I returned to being a regular contributor...

Peace.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2009, 06:32 AM   #43
MastaMind
I like beer
Rep
Drives: AW 135

I think many people saw this shit coming before the merger--the impossibility of combining the two forums and retaining their respective attributes. One had to become dominant. Honestly, it was brought up and then just glossed over like it was no big deal, but it really was inevitable.

Also, I was happy to see that I created a thread about this yesterday that was subsequently locked.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2009, 06:40 AM   #44
imported_mega
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

I wish the 1addicts mods had stayed, the swearing is already starting up

e90post has a bad reputation among bmw forums, a real bad one
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread