F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > USA - California > FS: Paint Correction
Studio RSR

12-21-2023, 10:57 PM   #1
bordf82
Rep
Drives: bmw m4

FS: Paint Correction

What’s up everyone,

If anyone’s looking for a paint correction in SoCal and doesn’t wanna spend $1200 let me know lol. I did a 2 stage paint correction and ceramic coat on my car. I didn’t aim for absolute perfection so there’s a few imperfections still but the difference is night and day. I wish I documented more of my car but I added a few pics from another car to see show some of the results you can expect.

Shoot me a message if you’re interested or have any questions!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      12-27-2023, 07:43 PM   #2
9320.f30
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 340i

Looks clean! How long did the job take you?

I paid someone off ig $600 for a one stage correction and coating. Thought about doing it myself but didn't want to over cut the paint.. probably should have just done it myself
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2023, 12:04 AM   #3
bordf82
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9320.f30 View Post
Looks clean! How long did the job take you?

I paid someone off ig $600 for a one stage correction and coating. Thought about doing it myself but didn't want to over cut the paint.. probably should have just done it myself

Thanks man!

You know what I didn’t time myself tooo much because I did it during the week panel by panel after work… but maybe like 8-9 hours? And then I ceramic coated it myself.

And that’s fair though, it can be intimidating but using a paint gauge and just taking your time you can do it right without destroying your paint.
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2024, 12:50 AM   #4
halcyon_waves
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 F30 335i M Sport 6MT

Props man. I did a few panels a year ago and I'm considering doing it again this year and giving it a proper ceramic coat. Not too crazy about the amount of hours I'll have to put in, but I suppose if I do it after work little by little it'll be fine. Which ceramic coat did you go with and how do you like it?
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2024, 06:10 PM   #5
bordf82
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by halcyon_waves View Post
Props man. I did a few panels a year ago and I'm considering doing it again this year and giving it a proper ceramic coat. Not too crazy about the amount of hours I'll have to put in, but I suppose if I do it after work little by little it'll be fine. Which ceramic coat did you go with and how do you like it?
Do it man! It definitely sucks cause it takes some time but if you just span it out over 2-3 days it’s not as bad. I used Adam’s polishes Advanced Graphene Ceramic Coating. It’s awesome though after I wash the car I just blow dry the water off and it rolls right off lol. Now I’m not using all these towels to dry my car (potentially putting more swirls back into it)
Appreciate 0