F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > The Sports Lounge > Eurocup 2016

07-11-2016, 12:53 AM   #243
StatenEye
This is actually me below \/
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 M E70

Garage List
2011 BMW X5M  [4.50]
2008 BMW E60 535i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by supernoob
Quote:
Originally Posted by StatenEye View Post
As a former player. Played top level in England for a Premiership reserve squad @ 16 and D1 in College I must say; saying it was undeserved, which I hear commonly right now is shallow at best. Portugal's tactics all tournament were impeccable. The defensive play and counterattacking style of the Italians has been employed successfully by Portugal and has manifested in a major international trophy. To say they are not deserving champions is an ill advised statement and actually the opposite of the truth. If you recall successful tournaments for Italy, they always look poor against weaker opponents because their tactics are built to absorb pressure and counterattack at the opportune moment but a weaker opponent will sit back. This will result in a tie vs weaker teams but against a stronger opponent this has a better chance to result in a victory.. as you can seen for Portugal against Croatia, Wales and France. Is it pretty? To a knowledgeable football fan yes it is.

BTW I am Portuguese and I couldn't be happier for us. We were unfairly exited from Euro 2000 via an unfair penalty vs France in the semi, that was disgusting, and the 2006 World Cup also via penalty and also vs France in the semi also disgusting not to mention exited from the 2010 World Cup via an offside David Villa goal where Portugal was the tournament's best team. England 1966, don't need to go there.

So yea, WE DESERVE THIS!

Well said.

I wonder if right now team France is saying that they were unfairly exited. No matter. Portugal has a trophy
Probably bc they are used to getting people help in big matches, don't forget the Maloulda dive in the 2006 Final and the Henry handball.

The only unfair act in this match was Payet's lunging double knee tackle not even being deemed a foul. Not only has this ruined Ronaldo but this basically takes a sub away from Portugal. Despite what anyone says, that was very very malicious, any player knows that while you tackle from the side with the foot on the ball you can then drag your knee to cause serious damage to the thigh or side of the knee of the other player. You can see right before he did that he stomped Sances in a dirty tackle. Payet was poor and he should feel ashamed with his actions, that's why he was subbed so early, he was terrible.

Portugal have won with class and can proudly say they won it without the help of the ref, in spite of losing Ronldo, and having to waste a sub in the 20th minute.

BTW Payet has damaged Ronaldo's ACL. terrible.
      07-11-2016, 01:44 AM   #244
Zugzwang
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 335d m sport.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StatenEye View Post
Probably bc they are used to getting people help in big matches, don't forget the Maloulda dive in the 2006 Final and the Henry handball.

The only unfair act in this match was Payet's lunging double knee tackle not even being deemed a foul. Not only has this ruined Ronaldo but this basically takes a sub away from Portugal. Despite what anyone says, that was very very malicious, any player knows that while you tackle from the side with the foot on the ball you can then drag your knee to cause serious damage to the thigh or side of the knee of the other player. You can see right before he did that he stomped Sances in a dirty tackle. Payet was poor and he should feel ashamed with his actions, that's why he was subbed so early, he was terrible.

Portugal have won with class and can proudly say they won it without the help of the ref, in spite of losing Ronldo, and having to waste a sub in the 20th minute.

BTW Payet has damaged Ronaldo's ACL. terrible.
One can't say they won without the help of the ref. If the hand ball was properly called then the goalie would have cleared and the goal right after likely would not have happened. It's like a bastardized version of the hand of God goal. That botched call in a way caused the goal.

As for Ronaldo it was a deliberate assassination attempt on the part of the French. But it brought me back to Ronaldo deliberately stomping on Dario Srna's foot. I'm sure all kinds of dirty plays like that are attempted by all Players.

Umm. He had it coming. Maybe not to the point of injury though. The French took it a bit too far.
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2016, 01:51 AM   #245
Zugzwang
Captain
Canada
Rep

Henry handball. I remember that. Those poor Irish. It was against them I think?
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2016, 08:40 AM   #246
Nivarox
Quadrex
Rep
Drives: BMW G30 530 XDrive

Congrats Portugal, it doesn't matter whether they deserve or not or luckier side of the two. Football ⚽ is a game in which one need to send the rolling thing back in the goal line. This is what Portugal did
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2016, 09:05 AM   #247
Zugzwang
Captain
Canada
Rep

The best games were in the groups. There were games there where football deserved to be called "the beautiful game".
Appreciate 0