F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack > All four tires slashed...
GetBMWParts

12-02-2012, 09:59 PM   #23
JoeyO
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: silver car

What the heck did he write?

The crime is one reason I moved out of NYC. I now live 60 miles away and can leave my house unlocked and car unlocked when about town.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2012, 10:04 PM   #24
elgandashvili
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyO View Post
What the heck did he write?

The crime is one reason I moved out of NYC. I now live 60 miles away and can leave my house unlocked and car unlocked when about town.
Wouldn't that be nice Wrote smith like it if I translate from Russian/Ukrainian weird combination with couple of English letters in the sentence "So what now u effin Georgian". Fortunately its a black marker, not a permanent inscription.
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2012, 01:51 AM   #25
Kozality
Germany
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i M Sport w/xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by elgandashvili View Post
Wouldn't that be nice Wrote smith like it if I translate from Russian/Ukrainian weird combination with couple of English letters in the sentence "So what now u effin Georgian". Fortunately its a black marker, not a permanent inscription.
That's pretty low. Must be a sad state of affairs for them if that's what goes for things to do on a Saturday night.

Sorry to hear about it.
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2012, 07:48 AM   #26
jsedlak
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F30 335i 6spd

Wow...

I left my car on the street last night and was so nervous that something was going to happen to it...
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2012, 07:59 AM   #27
JUSKIDN
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 EBII 328i M Sport

so sorry to hear that......any ideas of the perp?
      12-03-2012, 08:50 AM   #28
claykin
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: various BMW

Quote:
I do have comprehensive, but perhaps as most in NY ,I have $1000 deductible. Even if I didn't, the premium increases so much, even in a scenario like mine, that it really isn't worse it. Even NYPD told me not to do that. Unless there is a serious accident, insurance is kinda like an official scam
Some states do not permit insurance companies to count comprehensive claims in your claim history. Check with your Agent.
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2012, 08:58 AM   #29
dannyzlo
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i xDrive Luxury Line

Quote:
Bensonhurst, it's quite a nice neighborhood. No worries man, it was someone who knew my ethnicity cause he wrote on the hood "what you gonna do, effin Georgian". I have no flag or other sign that says where I come from, just three german color stripes below the rear doors.
That's fucked up. If it's any consolation, I'm Ukranian and most of my family's friends are Georgian that own all the Russian/Georgian restaurants in Sheepshead Bay.
      12-03-2012, 06:44 PM   #30
elgandashvili
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUSKIDN View Post
so sorry to hear that......any ideas of the perp?
No clue. live in this neighborhood with wife and kid, nice with everyone around. Had the same license plate with previous E92, same color car. Possible its a previous grudge
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2012, 06:45 PM   #31
elgandashvili
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyzlo View Post
That's fucked up. If it's any consolation, I'm Ukranian and most of my family's friends are Georgian that own all the Russian/Georgian restaurants in Sheepshead Bay.
It is
Thanks
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2012, 07:24 PM   #32
elgandashvili
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Getting camera before the tires. Anybody has hardwired the dash cam directly to fuse box with 24/7 12 volt electricity, so that it works non stop? Also, anyone knows if F30 has some type of battery leakage protection that would interfere with this idea?
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2012, 06:02 AM   #33
ZheHbKa
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: the Wind

Garage List
2014 BMW 335 Xi  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by rxander View Post
That's what 24hour roadside tow service is for
+1

simple air compressor and a can of tire sealant will do the same as a runflat for about 10th of the price

Appreciate 0
      12-04-2012, 07:36 AM   #34
EB_F30
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 13' M Sport 335 6MT

OP, sorry to hear of this attack just because of where you are from. I work with people from all around the world so I have a zero tolerance for issues like this.

Sorry to get off topic - but is there even a place to put a spare in the 335 or are we bound by a small compressor and some tire sealent, I don't have my car yet.
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2012, 04:57 PM   #35
elgandashvili
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by EB_F30 View Post
OP, sorry to hear of this attack just because of where you are from. I work with people from all around the world so I have a zero tolerance for issues like this.

Sorry to get off topic - but is there even a place to put a spare in the 335 or are we bound by a small compressor and some tire sealent, I don't have my car yet.
Just a small storage space, not for a spare. Its either a run flat or as other guys mentioned, regular+sealant. Friend on mine has G37 and it came with sealant.
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2012, 09:18 PM   #36
wdlv
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyzlo View Post
Where in Brooklyn are you at? That really sucks -- shit like this is the reason I'm leaning towards garaging my car when it arrives, even though Park Slope is pretty tame.
@ Dannyzlo, are you kidding me, whenever (if ever) I drive into Park Slope, it's good luck finding parking. Seems like you need a garage regardless IMO. But yes, definitely tamer.

I'm in Bushwick and apparently it's people's hobby to smash in windows or take a rear tow hook cap as a souvenir. Sorry for being cynical but I see this all the time when I walk the dog. Broken glass on or near sidewalk or missing tow caps... Always good to garage the car, if you can.

In any case, elgandashvili sorry to hear about the tires but as other members mentioned, tirerack probably has the best price and they deliver quickly. I recently bought a set of winter tires and literally received them next day.

Good luck and if possible get a parking spot.
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2012, 05:40 AM   #37
Kankles
Rear Admiral
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Bavarian Milk Wagon

Garage List
2019 BMW M2C  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZheHbKa View Post
+1

simple air compressor and a can of tire sealant will do the same as a runflat for about 10th of the price
Agree, just as good in a pinch. My thoughts are, especially w 3 yr old on board, how far am I really willing to drive with no air in a RFT? Even if you do go the max 50 miles you still gotta get the thing fixed. Would rather just use the roadside assistance. Either way, you're losing a fair amount of time. Really do miss not having a full size spare...change the tire and get the bad one fixed next week!
Appreciate 0