F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Photo, Video, Media Gallery, Journals > 335xi's Melbourne Red/Estoril Blue - Detailing + CQuartz
Studio RSR

08-09-2014, 08:03 AM   #1
mhannis
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4

Garage List
Talking 335xi's Melbourne Red/Estoril Blue - Detailing + CQuartz

In the process of having both 335's detailed and Cquartz Finest. So far the red one has been completed. Pictures below. The blue one needed a bit more work since its got 15k miles on it. Should have pictures sometime tomorrow once it's completed. Very impressed to say the least. Mike at Pristine Detailing did an excellent job.

Iron-X on the wheels to remove all the contaminates

Pre-wash foam soak to loosen debris

Pillar compound/polishing before

Pillar compound/polishing after

Second foam bath after paintwork to remove any dust and to further prep surface

Ready for the Finest application

Finished product

Link to larger pictures http://mhannis.smugmug.com/BMW-335-Red

Last edited by mhannis; 08-10-2014 at 09:28 PM.. Reason: Added Additional Photos
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2014, 09:29 AM   #2
TomDenmark
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 14' 320i ActiveFlex

what is part of the car is "Pillar compound/polishing after" picture?
I like to polish the display screen on the sound system in my car like that, now I looks like your before picture :S
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2014, 10:03 AM   #3
mhannis
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Those pictures are the black sections between the front and back doors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomDenmark View Post
what is part of the car is "Pillar compound/polishing after" picture?
I like to polish the display screen on the sound system in my car like that, now I looks like your before picture :S
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2014, 08:52 PM   #4
BimmerDreams
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 435i xDrive M sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhannis View Post
In the process of having both 335's detailed and Cquartz Finest. So far the red one has been completed. Pictures below. The blue one needed a bit more work since its got 15k miles on it. Should have pictures sometime tomorrow once it's completed. Very impressed to say the least. Mike at Pristine Detailing did an excellent job.

Iron-X on the wheels to remove all the contaminates

Pre-wash foam soak to loosen debris

Pillar compound/polishing before

Pillar compound/polishing after

Second foam bath after paintwork to remove any dust and to further prep surface

Ready for the Finest application

Finished product

Link to larger pictures http://mhannis.smugmug.com/BMW-335-Red
I just took delivery of a new 2015 435 xDrive M sport and want to apply a paint protection. Trying to figure out what the best options are? Was thinking about C.Quartz Finest or Opticoat. I see that you went with the C.Quartz finest. How do you like it? What made you choose the C.Quartz over Opticoat or anything else? And how did you like Pristine Detailing and Mike? I live in Hershey and was thinking about going to Pristine. Any thoughts or recommendations? Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2014, 09:06 PM   #5
MCL_F32
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 428i X-Drive M-Sport

Both cars look amazing, great work!!
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2014, 10:39 PM   #6
Don N.
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW

Wow, I can't believe how much of a difference the polishing of the pillars made!
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2014, 08:24 AM   #7
mhannis
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerDreams View Post
I just took delivery of a new 2015 435 xDrive M sport and want to apply a paint protection. Trying to figure out what the best options are? Was thinking about C.Quartz Finest or Opticoat. I see that you went with the C.Quartz finest. How do you like it? What made you choose the C.Quartz over Opticoat or anything else? And how did you like Pristine Detailing and Mike? I live in Hershey and was thinking about going to Pristine. Any thoughts or recommendations? Thanks.
I was in the same boat trying decide between C.Quartz Finest or Opticoat. I ended up going with the C.Quartz finest per the recommendation of Mike. I would suggest giving him a call. Now that the coating has been on the cars for 2 months I can definitely say that its worth the money. The car always looks clean. Everything beads off it. No more water spots, etc. As far as upkeep I take the red one (which isn't garaged) to a touch-less wash once week and it seriously looks as good as if I were to wash and wax it. I'm hopeful that the coating will last for at least 2 years and if it does its a great value.

As far as going with Pristine Detailing. Mike is a really nice guy and his work is exceptional. Call him up and ask him any questions you have. I think you will be impressed.
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2014, 09:19 AM   #8
KneeDragr
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Planning 2015 ED :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhannis View Post
As far as upkeep I take the red one (which isn't garaged) to a touch-less wash once week and it seriously looks as good as if I were to wash and wax it. I'm hopeful that the coating will last for at least 2 years and if it does its a great value.
Great job - a lot of people get a paint correction and then right back to the swirl-o-matic brush based car washes and ruin their perfect paint.

The great thing about a ceramic coating like CQuartz is its impervious to detergents and sunlight, so sitting in the sun wont degrade its protection and washing it with high detergent soap wont dissolve it like it would a wax. The only thing that can take it off is friction - which you dont have to worry about since you are going through a touchless wash!

Oh and your cars look amazing.
Appreciate 0