F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > 3 and 4 Series Ordering / Pricing / Order Tracking Forum (and European Delivery) > How does corporate fleet program work?
ARMA SPEED

05-16-2015, 10:45 PM   #1
bobbydigital
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BWM 435GC

Just found out at 11th hour that employer is eligible for the BMW corporate fleet program which gives me $1500 off and 0.0002 MF reduction.

In the paperwork from BMW it says:

Quote:
The BMW Group Corporate Fleet Employee Program form (Page 1) has all the info you need on the incentives. Just ask your Client Advisor if you are unclear about anything. The BMW Center (or MINI Dealer) will deduct the applicable Corporate Fleet Incentive from the transaction price (Best Negotiated Price off MSRP).

Reminder: You can cash purchase, finance or lease your BMW or MINI vehicle through BMW or MINI Financial Services. If you are planning to lease your vehicle through BMW FS or MINI FS, please ask your dealership for the additional Rate Reduction applicable."
I'm surprised my CA didn't say anything about this program. My employer is huge in Seattle area and my guess is 50% of his clients work there.

My Ca has been great so far but if he didn't mention it to me he might not know about it. Is this a BMW NA / FS supported program meaning it won't be dollars out of the dealers pocket? Will it apply to the negotiate price and apply the MF reduction on top of the discount for MSDs? (Meaning do I get 0.0008 -0.0002=0.0006?).

Just wondering if they will say something like "we gave you almost 10% off and this month's $1k incentive already. You can't apply this as well."
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2015, 03:59 AM   #2
Northcar
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: e93

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbydigital View Post
Just found out at 11th hour that employer is eligible for the BMW corporate fleet program which gives me $1500 off and 0.0002 MF reduction.

I'm surprised my CA didn't say anything about this program. My employer is huge in Seattle area and my guess is 50% of his clients work there.

My Ca has been great so far but if he didn't mention it to me he might not know about it. Is this a BMW NA / FS supported program meaning it won't be dollars out of the dealers pocket? Will it apply to the negotiate price and apply the MF reduction on top of the discount for MSDs? (Meaning do I get 0.0008 -0.0002=0.0006?).

Just wondering if they will say something like "we gave you almost 10% off and this month's $1k incentive already. You can't apply this as well."

Usually fleet programs are handled by a fleet manager who sometimes is the internet sales person at a dealership. An ordinary car salesman is typically not going to get a commission on a fleet sale.

This is typically outside of the customary sales system and your CA may not even be in the loop. The fleet manager at a dealership usually deals with the companies directly, not their employees. I am guessing that you might need to contact the person in your company who purchases or leases company cars and have them deal with the fleet manager.

I have to admit though that the quoted reference you offer does suggest a much broader scope so you may well have "standing" simply as an employee of a qualified company. Now if your company is leasing the car on your behalf that may be what is implied.

Is this basically a company car which you are simply purchasing as an individual or is it a personal car and you simply are an employee of said company?

Last edited by Northcar; 05-17-2015 at 04:08 AM..
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2015, 07:33 AM   #3
bobbydigital
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northcar
Quote:

Usually fleet programs are handled by a fleet manager who sometimes is the internet sales person at a dealership. An ordinary car salesman is typically not going to get a commission on a fleet sale.

This is typically outside of the customary sales system and your CA may not even be in the loop. The fleet manager at a dealership usually deals with the companies directly, not their employees. I am guessing that you might need to contact the person in your company who purchases or leases company cars and have them deal with the fleet manager.

I have to admit though that the quoted reference you offer does suggest a much broader scope so you may well have "standing" simply as an employee of a qualified company. Now if your company is leasing the car on your behalf that may be what is implied.

Is this basically a company car which you are simply purchasing as an individual or is it a personal car and you simply are an employee of said company?
I think this is a special provision of a fleet program since its specifically targeted for personal vehicles I buy, finance or lease. It's not a company car.

I've emailed my CA to ask him. I've read conflicting reports about how to apply this $1500 discount and whether or not MF discount can be applied on top MSDs.

Most of the stuff I've read about the fleet programs are about company vehicles so it leads me to believe that this program isn't as broadly available.
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2015, 08:12 AM   #4
justinnum1
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2018 330i Msport 6mt

Quote:
I think this is a special provision of a fleet program since its specifically targeted for personal vehicles I buy, finance or lease. It's not a company car.

I've emailed my CA to ask him. I've read conflicting reports about how to apply this $1500 discount and whether or not MF discount can be applied on top MSDs.

Most of the stuff I've read about the fleet programs are about company vehicles so it leads me to believe that this program isn't as broadly available.
There are a few threads on this.

I am going to be taking advantage of the group corporate fleet program on tuesday(well hopefully tuesday) when i pick up my car.

My CA wasn't aware of it either, and one of the managers at my dealer never even heard of it lol. I called BMW corp fleet program and they told me that my dealer has in fact processed this before so that was good.

there is a form you need to fill out the first page looks like below... but yea,
-don't bring it up to your dealer until the last moment after you get the negotiated price you want, then hit them with it.
-i have called the corp fleet program at BMW and found out they have yet to hear of a dealer that wont accept it, no risk on dealer part its an incentive funded by BMW.

call the up, they will answer your questions, open m-f
      05-17-2015, 08:22 AM   #5
bobbydigital
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinnum1
Quote:

I am going to be taking advantage of the group corporate fleet program on tuesday(well hopefully tuesday) when i pick up my car.

My CA wasn't aware of it either, and one of the managers at my dealer never even heard of it lol. I called BMW corp fleet program and they told me that my dealer has in fact processed this before so that was good.

there is a form you need to fill out the first page looks like below... but yea,
-don't bring it up to your dealer until the last moment after you get the negotiated price you want, then hit them with it.
-i have called the corp fleet program at BMW and found out they have yet to hear of a dealer that wont accept it, no risk on dealer part its an incentive funded by BMW.

Great thanks.

I have the same paperwork and already negotiated my price, car was supposed to be picked up Monday but car didn't arrive yesterday like planned so I won't get it until Thursday.

I emailed my CA just just now asking him about the $1500 discount and the MF reduction. Fingers crossed this will just go as planned.
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2015, 08:30 AM   #6
justinnum1
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Great thanks.

I have the same paperwork and already negotiated my price, car was supposed to be picked up Monday but car didn't arrive yesterday like planned so I won't get it until Thursday.

I emailed my CA just just now asking him about the $1500 discount and the MF reduction. Fingers crossed this will just go as planned.
im in a similar boat, my car was supposed to arrive yesterday, i am scheduled to pick it up on tuesday(there is a drive for team USA event monday night i am attending to get the 1k incentive for that. I am going to drive by the dealer in a little to walk the lot and see if it was delivered lol. dealer is 5 minutes away which is nice.
      05-17-2015, 08:44 AM   #7
bobbydigital
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Great thanks.

im in a similar boat, my car was supposed to arrive yesterday, i am scheduled to pick it up on tuesday(there is a drive for team USA event monday night i am attending to get the 1k incentive for that. I am going to drive by the dealer in a little to walk the lot and see if it was delivered lol. dealer is 5 minutes away which is nice.
I'm pretty sure you can't do the team USA discount and fleet discount. Read the fine print on the fleet program docs you have.
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2015, 08:52 AM   #8
justinnum1
Major General
Rep

Quote:
I'm pretty sure you can't do the team USA discount and fleet discount. Read the fine print on the fleet program docs you have.
I called the corp fleet program and they told me you CAN combine them.

i'll let you know on tuesday
      05-17-2015, 08:54 AM   #9
bobbydigital
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
I called the corp fleet program and they told me you CAN combine them.

i'll let you know on tuesday
How are you even applying the team USA discount when your car is ordered? Mine was pro 2 and I was told I couldn't because BMW NA is cracking down on cases like this
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2015, 09:12 AM   #10
justinnum1
Major General
Rep

Quote:
How are you even applying the team USA discount when your car is ordered? Mine was pro 2 and I was told I couldn't because BMW NA is cracking down on cases like this
Dealership invited me knowing i already ordered the car. Either they apply the incentive or they take another 1k off their profit. I'm not worried at all. My dealer always does right by me, in return i have purchased 15+ cars over the past 7 years and will continue to purchase only with them.

I'll let you know on tuesday.
      05-19-2015, 04:31 PM   #11
justinnum1
Major General
Rep

So, i was not able to combine the corp fleet discount with drive for usa incentive. Dealer took care of me as usual, but i saw the fine print in the drive for usa packet the sales manager let me see.
      05-21-2015, 02:15 PM   #12
bimmer_335
Major
Rep
Drives: 540 mSport

This is good stuff... the fleet form my company has available lists only $500 for gran coupe.

I don't see the phone number listed for fleet program. I tried google but could not find the number. I need to get hold of the updated discount form.

$1500 on fleet + $1000 on UDE... I'm beyond thrilled!!!
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2015, 02:47 PM   #13
justinnum1
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmer_335 View Post
This is good stuff... the fleet form my company has available lists only $500 for gran coupe.

I don't see the phone number listed for fleet program. I tried google but could not find the number. I need to get hold of the updated discount form.

$1500 on fleet + $1000 on UDE... I'm beyond thrilled!!!
not sure the UDE can be combined with the fleet...my dealer did not let me do it for the team usa event(they showed me the disclaimers on the team usa incentive.
      05-21-2015, 03:28 PM   #14
bimmer_335
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinnum1 View Post
not sure the UDE can be combined with the fleet...my dealer did not let me do it for the team usa event(they showed me the disclaimers on the team usa incentive.
I would not know until I go the dealer. for you it may be worth sending an email to BMW Fleet Services.

The form I've states this (2014/15 MY).

"Now find the BMW or MINI vehicle you want and Negotiate your Best Deal off MSRP. All available Sales Support Programs such as Option Credits, Drive Credits, etc. available at time of purchase can be applied."

"The Fleet incentive cannot be used in conjunction with the BMW Car Club, BMW College Program, BMW Group Partner & Family Program, BMW CCA program, European Delivery, Diplomatic, USAA and / or Military Sales program, BMW Group Limousine & Hotel Shuttle Program, and the BMW VIP Purchase Program, which all are not eligible."
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2015, 03:43 PM   #15
justinnum1
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmer_335 View Post
I would not know until I go the dealer. for you it may be worth sending an email to BMW Fleet Services.

The form I've states this (2014/15 MY).

"Now find the BMW or MINI vehicle you want and Negotiate your Best Deal off MSRP. All available Sales Support Programs such as Option Credits, Drive Credits, etc. available at time of purchase can be applied."

"The Fleet incentive cannot be used in conjunction with the BMW Car Club, BMW College Program, BMW Group Partner & Family Program, BMW CCA program, European Delivery, Diplomatic, USAA and / or Military Sales program, BMW Group Limousine & Hotel Shuttle Program, and the BMW VIP Purchase Program, which all are not eligible."
it's not an issue with the fleet program. i contacted them and they were fine with combining the two.

The problem is with the drive for team usa event. the dealer gave me the packet they get from BMW and it clearly said on there that drive for team usa incentive can not be combined with fleet cars, among other restrictions.

My dealer took care of me, as they always do but they told me that they would not get reimbursed if they submit the team usa incentive.
      05-21-2015, 04:18 PM   #16
bimmer_335
Major
Rep

got it... now I know. My dealer sent me invite to UDE event earlier this week. I'm going to hit that as well and hopefully they can earn my business.
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2015, 01:38 AM   #17
pnwdriver
United_States
Rep
Drives: Four wheels and a steering

bobbydigital - From your area and your employer description, I think we might be working for the same employer. Were you able to combine the innovation 1k incentive with the employee fleet program? Which dealer are you working with? I am planning to buy 335i or 340i in the next month or two and looking for a good dealer in the area.
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2015, 07:09 AM   #18
justinnum1
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwdriver View Post
bobbydigital - From your area and your employer description, I think we might be working for the same employer. Were you able to combine the innovation 1k incentive with the employee fleet program? Which dealer are you working with? I am planning to buy 335i or 340i in the next month or two and looking for a good dealer in the area.
i was able to combine innovation/anniversary credit with the corp fleet incentive
      08-03-2016, 12:29 AM   #19
bavarianboar
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 540i, 2020 430i

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinnum1 View Post

A family member works for this company, which qualifies for fleet discount.

We live in different households (different cities, same state) and both are planning to lease MY16 BMWs.

Can we put names of both of us on my own car, and qualify for fleet discount for that as well? Concern is about adding two names to the lease and the registration. Does it work?

$1500 (3er) and $2000 (5er) fleet discounts on a lease are going to bring significant savings.

Appreciate any input! Thanks!

Driving: 2020 540i M-Sport Carbon Black, Ivory Nappa - Dec 2019 BTO - Feb 2020 Delivery
Returned: 2016 535i M-Sport Carbon Black, Ivory Nappa :: 2014 F30 335i M-Sport Min Grey, Coral Red :: 2011 E90 328i Deep Sea Blue, Oyster Dakota
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2016, 09:54 AM   #20
SkyeBox0475
Rep
Drives: BMW 428Ix

Quote:
Originally Posted by bavarianboar View Post
A family member works for this company, which qualifies for fleet discount.

We live in different households (different cities, same state) and both are planning to lease MY16 BMWs.

Can we put names of both of us on my own car, and qualify for fleet discount for that as well? Concern is about adding two names to the lease and the registration. Does it work?

$1500 (3er) and $2000 (5er) fleet discounts on a lease are going to bring significant savings.

Appreciate any input! Thanks!
Great info
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2016, 01:06 PM   #21
bavarianboar
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 540i, 2020 430i

Hahaha sure. Great info. Anyone can help answer my original question? Thanks guys

Driving: 2020 540i M-Sport Carbon Black, Ivory Nappa - Dec 2019 BTO - Feb 2020 Delivery
Returned: 2016 535i M-Sport Carbon Black, Ivory Nappa :: 2014 F30 335i M-Sport Min Grey, Coral Red :: 2011 E90 328i Deep Sea Blue, Oyster Dakota
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2016, 11:56 AM   #22
Full Court Press
Private
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340

Quote:
Originally Posted by bavarianboar View Post
Hahaha sure. Great info. Anyone can help answer my original question? Thanks guys
My employer is part of the Corporate Fleet Program. It is for 2015-2017 **new** vehicle purchase only. Incentive is $1,500 for BMWFS LOANS/cash purchase for 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, and Z Series as well as i3 and i8. Covers M models too. Incentive is $1,000 for X1, X3, X4, X5, X6 Series. $500 for MINI.

Incentive is applied to price as negotiated including all options. For BMWFS Lease it is a .00020 MF reduction.

Few more terms and conditions:

- Any additional BMW / MINI models not indicated in this summary, which will be launched during the calendar year 2016, up until further notice from BMW Group Fleet.
- BMW / MINI Company Vehicles, Extended Test Drive, Shuttle or Limo, and Retired Service Loaner Vehicles are not eligible.

- The Fleet incentive cannot be used in conjunction with the BMW Ultimate Drive Event (Level 1 only), BMW Car Club, BMW College Program, BMW Group Partner & Family Program, BMW CCA program, European Delivery, Diplomatic, USAA and / or Military Sales program, BMW Limousine & Hotel Shuttle Program, and the BMW VIP Purchase Program, which all are not eligible.

- Pre-Owned BMW / MINI vehicles are not eligible.
Appreciate 0