F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > CANADA > Winterstorm recalls
Extreme Powerhouse

10-17-2015, 03:05 PM   #89
bimmr
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: x1

Quote:
Originally Posted by bd7069 View Post
Not yet. SA doesn't have any power in this situation. I met once with sales manager and he was not very pleased that I requested the same car as I have. Since late August, I don't know what will happen to my car and me and this is the frustrating part. I don't want to end it up without a car in the middle of Canadian winter.
If they cancel your order/car, will you be getting a full refund?
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2015, 03:37 PM   #90
bobblehead
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: warp speed

Here is what my buddy's 1st offer from Serpas BMW/BMW Canada after waiting for over 1 month for them to reply

2015 X1 swap to 2016 X1. Optioned to almost the same.

> The 2016 will end up costing $3900 more in terms of total cash outlay. Dealer is treating this as a new sales by charging admin fee, discounting 4% off the 2016. If dealer is arguing the swap is treated as new sales, then dealer should refund/credit the freight/pdi and all other fees that were paid previously.

While I read and seen for those of you are getting the swap without much issue (at more or less the same $ that you paid). I simply don't understand why there is extreme in discrepancy on how the swap is being handled.

I have advised my buddy if Serpa and BMW Canada do not reduce this excess cost, then my buddy should request a full refund on what was paid thus far and take the business to another brand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmr View Post
Can you please elaborate 'they are not making commission off this?' Anyone knows if the dealership is considering the 'swap' as a new sale?

I am confused because I was told they will be treating this as a completely 'new sale' and thats why they have to charge admin fees, license fees and crap again - and of course, the other reason why he said this is because he also wants to point out the fact that the OLD financial rates no longer exist, and any rebates wouldn't apply either because is a 'new sale'. Does that mean the dealership was lying to me?
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2015, 10:49 AM   #91
mjf2k
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2015 328i xdrive

My sales guy said the sales agents aren't getting paid for these replacements.

Regardless though it doesn't matter to us, it is a new sale in the form of paperwork as in the old car will be canceled, liens discharged and so on. All of the pdi/fees that you've paid already will be transferred to the new car.

So just make sure you get back any payments from the old car, make sure your monthly payments are what you want it to be, final balloon payouts are the same, etc.

For me, they are issuing the payments back to me from the old car. My monthly payment amounts are staying the same. The deposits, down payments etc transfer from the old car to the new. Therefore I am netting out the same cash outlay but getting some small free upgraded packages.
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2015, 10:54 AM   #92
mjf2k
Private
Canada
Rep

Also to clarify I went from 2015 to 2015. I think it is easier this way. Going to 2016 has an automatic price increase plus different interest rates so I suspect a more difficult battle.

I told the sales manager I won't pay any extra money over what I agreed to before so he some how made it work, I think 2015 to 2015 is easier to get BMW Canada to cover more dealer costs. If he had come back with another offer asking me for more money I would've walked. The sales associate says I can have my money back. I made his life hell so he wanted me to take the money and go. Won't buy from that guy again...

I think If you are okay with paying more make sure you get way more features. I.e. you pay $900 for $3000 in extras.
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2015, 04:53 PM   #93
bimmr
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
Here is what my buddy's 1st offer from Serpas BMW/BMW Canada after waiting for over 1 month for them to reply

> The 2016 will end up costing $3900 more in terms of total cash outlay. Dealer is treating this as a new sales by charging admin fee, discounting 4% off the 2016. If dealer is arguing the swap is treated as new sales, then dealer should refund/credit the freight/pdi and all other fees that were paid previously.

While I read and seen for those of you are getting the swap without much issue (at more or less the same $ that you paid). I simply don't understand why there is extreme in discrepancy on how the swap is being handled.

I have advised my buddy if Serpa and BMW Canada do not reduce this excess cost, then my buddy should request a full refund on what was paid thus far and take the business to another brand.
Wow $3900 extra for a replacement car is nuts. Good luck to your buddy.
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2015, 06:54 PM   #94
bobblehead
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmr View Post
Wow $3900 extra for a replacement car is nuts. Good luck to your buddy.
he is going in this week to iron out this excess outlay issue. If he gets nowhere with both dealer & bmw canada, he will simply return the the car and get all his payments back (6 - 7 months) and shop another brand.
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2015, 02:19 PM   #95
bd7069
Rep
Drives: 2015 335xi Estoril Blue

Exclamation

Hi guys. Yesterday, I met with a sales manager in regards of the recall. I was surprised with the offer. The same car with same configuration only 2016 model with same financial condition. At this point I could say that I'm with Budd's BMW and very happy with the offer. However, I'm thinking to walk away, it just too much. I'd like to move on. But I will miss this car.
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2015, 02:51 PM   #96
bimmr
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Hi guys. Yesterday, I met with a sales manager in regards of the recall. I was surprised with the offer. The same car with same configuration only 2016 model with same financial condition. At this point I could say that I'm with Budd's BMW and very happy with the offer. However, I'm thinking to walk away, it just too much. I'd like to move on. But I will miss this car.
I am not sure if walking away is an option based on what i read so far.
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2015, 03:12 PM   #97
Usser555
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 435i

Quote:
"same financial condition"? Doesn't 2016 model have higher interest rate? What model are they replacing with?
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2015, 09:09 PM   #98
bd7069
Rep

The dealership will give me 340 xi with exactly the same packages and options as my current 335. BMW will refund all payments I've made so far. For new 340 I will pay the same amount as currently paying for 335. I've asked about the option of walking away and i have it in writing that this option is available. I don't care at this point what interest rate they will use, I'm fine if I pay the same amount as before.
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2015, 10:36 AM   #99
mjf2k
Private
Canada
Rep

That sounds like a great deal

You can always walk away. Technically the old car loan is discharged and you have no more liability to BMW

Quote:
The dealership will give me 340 xi with exactly the same packages and options as my current 335. BMW will refund all payments I've made so far. For new 340 I will pay the same amount as currently paying for 335. I've asked about the option of walking away and i have it in writing that this option is available. I don't care at this point what interest rate they will use, I'm fine if I pay the same amount as before.
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2015, 12:55 PM   #100
bobblehead
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

+1

Great deal. Why would u walk if you like the model?
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2015, 01:57 PM   #101
bd7069
Rep

It's a great car all around. And it was my dream car, however, I feel if I get a new car something bad would happen again. Maybe BMW is not my car company, I don't know. It just doesn't feel right. With all packages and performance exhaust it is amazing car.

Last edited by bd7069; 10-22-2015 at 02:05 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2015, 06:03 PM   #102
bobblehead
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

Update and final offer from dealer/BMW Canada

The extra cash outlay has narrowed from $3900 to $1650, reduction of $2250. dealer wants the decision made by Oct 30.

A 'bullied' offer, in my view!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post

Appreciate 0
      10-22-2015, 10:39 PM   #103
itrocks4u
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80, F36, E90

Quote:
It's a great car all around. And it was my dream car, however, I feel if I get a new car something bad would happen again. Maybe BMW is not my car company, I don't know. It just doesn't feel right. With all packages and performance exhaust it is amazing car.
Naa dude. Don't think like that. Get the 340 and enjoy. If anything this worked out for the best. You got to enjoy one (for free in terms of finances) and now you're getting the new LCI and engine for the same price. Doesn't get better than that.

Post pictures after delivery!!!
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2015, 04:03 PM   #104
CHCCubs
Colonel
Latvia
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 328i xDrive Sport

Quote:
I wouldn't necessarily worry about something bad happening again if you get another BMW replacement, as what happened in this case was definitely not a regular occurrence.

2013 BMW 328i xDrive Sport Line
Mineral Grey on Everest Grey
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2015, 10:06 AM   #105
Beowulf65
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 435i xDrive Gran Coupé

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHCCubs View Post
I wouldn't necessarily worry about something bad happening again if you get another BMW replacement, as what happened in this case was definitely not a regular occurrence.
^^ Other manufacturers that also had cars in the storm are NOT stepping up as BMW has done. Well done BMW!
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2015, 10:31 AM   #106
Beowulf65
Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
Here is my "deal":

Replace 2015 435xi GC with a 2016 435xi GC that is identical. In addition, new car has extra features with a total value of around $2000. The car will have the AS tires, PPF and badges I added to my 2015.

All payments and deposit have been returned to me and the trade-in value will be applied to the new car.

I will pay $1250 more than I paid for my 2015 and my monthly payments will be $60 less.

Compensation:

1. Roughly 40% of the value of the extra features.

2. New model savings of one year of depreciation.

3. Drive a BMW for 9 months with no charge (6 months in the 2015 + 3 months in a 2015 428xi GC loaner).

That is good enough for me.
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2015, 12:31 PM   #107
mjf2k
Private
Canada
Rep

Sounds great, congratulations!

How are your payments lower but you're paying more for the car overall?

Are you leasing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beowulf65 View Post
Here is my "deal":

Replace 2015 435xi GC with a 2016 435xi GC that is identical. In addition, new car has extra features with a total value of around $2000. The car will have the AS tires, PPF and badges I added to my 2015.

All payments and deposit have been returned to me and the trade-in value will be applied to the new car.

I will pay $1250 more than I paid for my 2015 and my monthly payments will be $60 less.

Compensation:

1. Roughly 40% of the value of the extra features.

2. New model savings of one year of depreciation.

3. Drive a BMW for 9 months with no charge (6 months in the 2015 + 3 months in a 2015 428xi GC loaner).

That is good enough for me.
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2015, 03:53 PM   #108
Beowulf65
Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjf2k View Post
Sounds great, congratulations!

How are your payments lower but you're paying more for the car overall?

Are you leasing?
Thanks! Buying...and will apply all previous payments to the new purchase. The loan rate is 2.9% rather than 1.9% and the balloon payment is roughly $500 more than on the previous loan. I simply decided to apply the previous payments at the start and reduce the monthly payments on the new loan. Taking all the changes into account we pay an extra 1.79% of our original cost and we get lower monthly payments over the 5 year term.
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2015, 12:08 AM   #109
Usser555
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 435i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beowulf65

^^ Other manufacturers that also had cars in the storm are NOT stepping up as BMW has done. Well done BMW!
Other manufacturers didn't recall their vehicles? ... I and some other people were also wondering about it and so far didn't find any info about it. I've heard from Bmw sales guys only, that other manufacturers didn't recall their vehicles, but it sounds made up. If safety department ordered to recall all the vehicles then there wouldn't be any other options, it's an order. How can it be that one manufacturer recalls it and another doesn't? ... Maybe nobody else was affected, maybe every manufacturer has own lot in Halifax. I'm glad Bmw handles it as the way they have to, but not every dealer is willing to cooperate. I'm still waiting for a possible vehicle, I'm saying possible, because they don't have the one I had anymore and not willing to go extra mile to make me buy a vehicle I don't like. Bmw is the vehicle I want to buy, but if I will feel I get screwed, there are a couple of other brands which are as high end as Bmw. ... I hope I stay with Bmw though.

Last edited by Usser555; 10-26-2015 at 10:14 AM..
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2015, 02:57 PM   #110
Beowulf65
Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Usser555 View Post
Other manufacturers didn't recall their vehicles? ... I and some other people were also wondering about it and so far didn't find any info about it. I've heard from Bmw sales guys only, that other manufacturers didn't recall their vehicles, but it sounds made up. If safety department ordered to recall all the vehicles then there wouldn't be any other options, it's an order. How can it be that one manufacturer recalls it and another doesn't? ... Maybe nobody else was affected, maybe every manufacturer has own lot in Halifax. I'm glad Bmw handles it as the way they have to, but not every dealer is willing to cooperate. I'm still waiting for a possible vehicle, I'm saying possible, because they don't have the one I had anymore and not willing to go extra mile to make me buy a vehicle I don't like. Bmw is the vehicle I want to buy, but if I will feel I get screwed, there are a couple of other brands which are as high end as Bmw. ... I hope I stay with Bmw though.
The recall process involves working out an acceptable corrective action once a problem has been identified. If another manufacturer's vehicles have not yet shown any issues...then the manufacturer can simply wait. Some issues appeared in some BMWs and BMW Canada decided to recall the entire set of vehicles, rather than simply inspect (to confirm safe at present) and leave the cars on the road with the possibility that a problem might show up in the future.
Appreciate 0