F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > CANADA > 435-428i Incoming?!
proTUNING Freaks

11-01-2013, 11:35 AM   #45
SaliceSalentino
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep
Drives: 435i xDrive M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJ87 View Post
I missed the Oct 24 train because it took about a week to get the MPPK2 installed. They install it in Halifax.
That explains it. You said in an earlier post that if you were not on this train it could be because of the installation of the MMPK2. I am really having second thoughts on not purchasing these two options. I will be interested in what your thoughts are after driving the enhanced version.

Thanks again for checking. If it left Edmonton, I would think that it should only take a couple of days to get to Vcr. Hopefully, my ETA of Nov 6th is just BMW playing it safe.
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2013, 12:29 PM   #46
MikeJ87
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 435i xDrive MPPK 1&2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gitte View Post
Confirmed that mine is on this train. ETA is Nov. 7th on my file but at this speed it could be even sooner! Long weekend could delay truck to dealership etc but either way owners should get this shipment within the next 2 weeks.

Makes sense re: MPPK2. I did not get it installed on mine and am perhaps regretting it. Will likely cost more in parts and labour at the dealer but I am looking into that.
I looked into the cost of installing it after and it is $3270 in Calgary plus 2-4 hours of Labour.
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2013, 01:16 PM   #47
Gitte
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 40i M Sport

Quote:
I looked into the cost of installing it after and it is $3270 in Calgary plus 2-4 hours of Labour.
Thanks Mike. If that is the case then its too much for me to swing at the moment and at the same time I think I am underestimating 435 non-ppk2 performance.

I'll let you know if my dealer says different. If I get quoted a more reasonable price (doubt it) then maybe I will consider it.
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2013, 02:57 PM   #48
gonein10
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2013 x5D 2014 435i

Quote:

$3270+labour. that's ridiculous. For a:

1) plastic engine cover that says M performance
2) new plastic intake ( not even a cold air intake )
3) and programming
4) 1 hr worth of work tops!
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2013, 03:03 PM   #49
MikeJ87
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonein10 View Post
$3270+labour. that's ridiculous. For a:

1) plastic engine cover that says M performance
2) new plastic intake ( not even a cold air intake )
3) and programming
4) 1 hr worth of work tops!
Well if you order a car with MPPK2 its $2500 so about $700 difference, which would encourage people who want it to order it when they order their car. Obviously labour is legit because they have to remove the stock exhaust and reinstall the MPE.
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2013, 04:42 PM   #50
gonein10
Private
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Well if you order a car with MPPK2 its $2500 so about $700 difference, which would encourage people who want it to order it when they order their car. Obviously labour is legit because they have to remove the stock exhaust and reinstall the MPE.
oops!! yup, your right!! forgot about the noise maker

The work still gets done out from the factory for a lot less than what the dealer is going to gouge you for. So I guess if it didn't come from factory spec'd with it, then prepare to open your wallet.

Again, $3270 just for parts and they still want 4hrs labour on that.

i'm in the wrong business. Time to go buy a BMW dealership
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2013, 04:20 PM   #51
gonein10
Private
Canada
Rep

back to what this original post was all about.

Got the call late today, she's finally here

will be taking delivery Tuesday evening

picks to follow
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2013, 04:44 PM   #52
SaliceSalentino
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep

Quote:
back to what this original post was all about.

Got the call late today, she's finally here

will be taking delivery Tuesday evening

picks to follow
Congratulations! Take some pictures when you get a chance. I'm still hoping mine will arrive in Vcr within the next couple of days.
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2013, 05:13 PM   #53
gonein10
Private
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan_335i View Post
Let us know when it arrives at the dealer from halifax. So i have an idea of how long to wait after mine arrives to halifax
Car arrived at the dealer late Friday night (Nov 1) so about ten days from dock to dealer. That's Halifax to Mississauga

So arrived in Halifax Oct 21, unloaded of ship, installed M options at dock, put on train, unloaded it Toronto, loaded on truck and delivered to dealer Nov 1

Now all I have to do is sit and stew for the weekend
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2013, 09:23 PM   #54
Gitte
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

Quote:
oops!! yup, your right!! forgot about the noise maker

The work still gets done out from the factory for a lot less than what the dealer is going to gouge you for. So I guess if it didn't come from factory spec'd with it, then prepare to open your wallet.

Again, $3270 just for parts and they still want 4hrs labour on that.

i'm in the wrong business. Time to go buy a BMW dealership
Yea I to see my dealer today and was (informally) quoted even more than this - thinking I will forget about it for now. Like I said earlier, I am not going to undervalue a beast of a car before I even drive it... perhaps i'll consider it in the future

Quote:
Car arrived at the dealer late Friday night (Nov 1) so about ten days from dock to dealer. That's Halifax to Mississauga

So arrived in Halifax Oct 21, unloaded of ship, installed M options at dock, put on train, unloaded it Toronto, loaded on truck and delivered to dealer Nov 1

Congrats! I should get an ETA update by the 8th. Looking like 10-12 days as of now!!
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2013, 11:44 PM   #55
Dan_335i
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2014 335i EBII MSport

Quote:

Mine is arriving in halifax nov 5. so let says i add in 10 days it will arrive to my dealership, halifax to ottawa. so the car may be at the dealership nov 15? dealer quoted last week of november. so i hope i can get it earlier
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2013, 11:42 AM   #56
SaliceSalentino
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep

Quote:
TTGX 997136 Arrived in Edmonton. Getting closer for the Vancouver guys.
Hey Mike,

Any chance on getting an update from as to where the train is now?

Thanks!!
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2013, 09:00 AM   #57
MikeJ87
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaliceSalentino View Post
Hey Mike,

Any chance on getting an update from as to where the train is now?

Thanks!!
Load Arrived Annacis, BC 03 Nov 21:45 PT

The map shows this to be right in the middle of Surrey and Richmond.

Hopefully you are taking delivery this week.

Mine just left Toronto so should arrive by Friday or at the worst early next week, based of your timeline (they are identical).
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2013, 09:04 AM   #58
MikeJ87
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan_335i View Post
Mine is arriving in halifax nov 5. so let says i add in 10 days it will arrive to my dealership, halifax to ottawa. so the car may be at the dealership nov 15? dealer quoted last week of november. so i hope i can get it earlier
If it arrives Nov 5 and its going to Toronto I would say you will have it easily by the end of November, based on the tracking I have done the past week. If you have MPPK2 it will delay a week and take a about 3-5 days on train.

Mine arrived in Halifax Oct 21 and it took about 10 days to install MPPK2
Mine left Halifax on a train on Oct 31 and it left Toronto early this morning (Nov 4)
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2013, 10:10 AM   #59
SaliceSalentino
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Load Arrived Annacis, BC 03 Nov 21:45 PT

The map shows this to be right in the middle of Surrey and Richmond.

Hopefully you are taking delivery this week.

Mine just left Toronto so should arrive by Friday or at the worst early next week, based of your timeline (they are identical).
Annacis Island is where all new vehicles arrive to the Vcr area - whether by train or freighter. I will get in touch with my CA this morning and determine when he expects it to be available. I must say I am getting pretty darn excited!!!

Good luck on your vehicle. Let us know when it arrives.

Thanks again for checking!
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2013, 12:42 PM   #60
MikeJ87
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaliceSalentino View Post
Annacis Island is where all new vehicles arrive to the Vcr area - whether by train or freighter. I will get in touch with my CA this morning and determine when he expects it to be available. I must say I am getting pretty darn excited!!!

Good luck on your vehicle. Let us know when it arrives.

Thanks again for checking!
I would say you could get your car by Friday or on Friday! You will have to post some pics when you get it. We should start a new thread for all the pictures of cars from the Morning Concert.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2013, 12:48 PM   #61
SaliceSalentino
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep

Quote:
I would say you could get your car by Friday or on Friday! You will have to post some pics when you get it. We should start a new thread for all the pictures of cars from the Morning Concert.
My CA says he will arrange to have the car rushed over ASAP (whatever that means!). I'll let you know when I get the call to pick up the vehicle.

I agree about the Morning Concert thread.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2013, 04:12 PM   #62
Zoks
Canada
Rep
Drives: E46 325, E92 335,F32 440i, Cur

Just got the call from the dealership my car has arrived but will only be ready for pickup on Friday afternoon. They need three days to prep the car. Hope there are some good weather days ahead to play before the snows go on. 🌞
      11-04-2013, 05:55 PM   #63
gonein10
Private
Canada
Rep

Went to the dealer to do my pre-inspection of the vehicle, and i was dissappointed to say the least. Msport pack II was not installed

so as i'm walking around the vehicle i'm really liking how the mineral grey and the gloss black accents look and work on this 4series. The finish on the wheels also compliment the mineral grey. Loved the complete package and the way it looks in person. yah yah i know this post is useless without pics

i'll be taking delvery of the car wednesday regardless of the M ppk II install. i told my CA "this is gonna cost you" you had to see the look on his face, priceless They are going ahead with the PDI and are going to do their best to get the PPK installed before delivery. If not i'll just take it back at a later date.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2013, 06:22 PM   #64
Gitte
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Went to the dealer to do my pre-inspection of the vehicle, and i was dissappointed to say the least. Msport pack II was not installed

so as i'm walking around the vehicle i'm really liking how the mineral grey and the gloss black accents look and work on this 4series. The finish on the wheels also compliment the mineral grey. Loved the complete package and the way it looks in person. yah yah i know this post is useless without pics

i'll be taking delvery of the car wednesday regardless of the M ppk II install. i told my CA "this is gonna cost you" you had to see the look on his face, priceless They are going ahead with the PDI and are going to do their best to get the PPK installed before delivery. If not i'll just take it back at a later date.

Hmmm, thanks for the update. Any idea as to why mppk2 was not installed at port? Do they have the pack ready to install?
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2013, 06:51 PM   #65
gonein10
Private
Canada
Rep

I have no idea. When i walked around the back of the car first thing i looked at were the exhaust tips and they were just the standard ones, so the next step was to open the hood and see if the engine cover was different (M Performance) and it was the stock cover. So unless i'm wrong on both notes than Mppk was not installed and the dealer had no explanation for it
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2013, 08:20 AM   #66
MikeJ87
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
I have no idea. When i walked around the back of the car first thing i looked at were the exhaust tips and they were just the standard ones, so the next step was to open the hood and see if the engine cover was different (M Performance) and it was the stock cover. So unless i'm wrong on both notes than Mppk was not installed and the dealer had no explanation for it
Hmmm mine better be installed or there will be zero excuses for my timeline being terribly slow!

I guess I will probably find out next week!
Appreciate 0