2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Anybody have Ghost Subs with factory hifi amp?
VIBE Motorsports
      01-30-2017, 11:06 AM   #1
First Lieutenant

Drives: black 2013 335i xdrive m-sport

Anybody have Ghost Subs with factory hifi amp?

So the first thing I've noticed about the hifi in the f30 vs my e90, is that the bass is way boomier in the f30. The e90 had a nice calm sound and it really hit the lows well, while not being boomy. I would say it had a warm rich sound, and I had no desire to change it. With the f30 I have to turn the bass way down otherwise it almost hurts my ears lol, and not in a good way. It's like pure midbass and no real sub bass

So my question:
If I upgraded to the ghost subs, would I lose the boomieness, and gain some better low end response? Or are there other subs that would accomplish this better. My requirements are must be compatable with factory amp, and no modification to under seat housings.

Last edited by BryanF30; 01-30-2017 at 11:17 AM.
Appreciate 0