F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > 3 and 4 Series Ordering / Pricing / Order Tracking Forum (and European Delivery) > BMWConfig.com
proTUNING Freaks

09-16-2013, 01:29 PM   #1
mntbiker
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15 X5

BMWConfig.com

Does anyone know what happened to this site? It hasn't been updated in forever. Sad to see such a useful resource go away.
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2013, 01:26 AM   #2
Deleted853
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by mntbiker View Post
Does anyone know what happened to this site? It hasn't been updated in forever. Sad to see such a useful resource go away.
it appears, that it's owner is looking for someone to take it over and continue it.
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2013, 06:03 AM   #3
trey100
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2 Competition

I know it is not the same but carsdirect.com seems pretty accurate with their website in terms of knowing how option packages align, correct MSRP and invoices, etc. if you are using it for getting $$ amounts, I typically defer to that site.
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2013, 12:58 PM   #4
ft1339
Private
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2014 335i soon

For invoice $ use 92% of MSRP for the car and 91% for options and then round it up/down to the nearest $5. It always gets me very close.
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2013, 06:13 PM   #5
ParisSF
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mwm1166 View Post
it appears, that it's owner is looking for someone to take it over and continue it.

I am behind BmwConfig.
When I started it a couple years ago, there were fewer BMWs, fewer trims, no lines... In a nutshell: the number of combinations makes it hard for a single body to maintain... So yes I fell behind.
I am not trying to sell it, or get rid of it as suggested above, but I would have liked to find other people passionate enough to be involved.
Some did show signs of interest, but got overwhelmed rapidly.

BmwConfig is not dead, but I can't do it alone
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2013, 08:19 PM   #6
Deleted853
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParisSF View Post
I am behind BmwConfig.
When I started it a couple years ago, there were fewer BMWs, fewer trims, no lines... In a nutshell: the number of combinations makes it hard for a single body to maintain... So yes I fell behind.
I am not trying to sell it, or get rid of it as suggested above, but I would have liked to find other people passionate enough to be involved.

I can imagine it is quite a task to keep up with. If I knew anything about programming anymore, I would help, but it's been 20 years since I've written any code.
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2013, 09:38 PM   #7
mntbiker
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15 X5

Quote:
I am behind BmwConfig.

Thank you for replying! I've always been impressed at how comprehensive the site is. I'm not sure if this is the right time/place for this, but maybe you could share the type of help you would need to keep it going. Is it software development work, data entry, or maybe sourcing pricing information from somewhere? There are a lot of passionate members in these forums and I'd imagine that there would be people willing to help if they knew there was a need.
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2013, 06:58 AM   #8
GOLFFRR
Rep
Drives: GOLFFRR cart

Quote:
I am behind BmwConfig.

BMWconfig is a great website. David always speaks highly about it. Feel free to contact him anytime if you need any updates on anything BMW.

BEFORE YOU BUY YOUR NEXT BMW, EMAIL OUR GUY KOTE FIRST!
Kote M Sales:Kotem@bmwofcamarillo.com Cell:805-368-9101
vipfinance@bmwofcamarillo.com for warranties!
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2013, 11:32 PM   #9
ParisSF
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mntbiker View Post
Thank you for replying! I've always been impressed at how comprehensive the site is. I'm not sure if this is the right time/place for this, but maybe you could share the type of help you would need to keep it going. Is it software development work, data entry, or maybe sourcing pricing information from somewhere? There are a lot of passionate members in these forums and I'd imagine that there would be people willing to help if they knew there was a need.
All of the above! ;-)

The front-end needs to be rewritten since it does not work well on Mac for example. Also the database has a hard time dealing with the 'lines' introduced last year, so there is also work to be performed on the back-end.
When this is done, the content needs to be maintained to reflect new models, new MY, or simply changes to the available equipment
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2013, 03:06 PM   #10
parapatt
Registered
Rep
Drives: Audi Q5

ED Invoice for 2014 328i xDrive Wagon

Quote:
All of the above! ;-)

The front-end needs to be rewritten since it does not work well on Mac for example. Also the database has a hard time dealing with the 'lines' introduced last year, so there is also work to be performed on the back-end.
When this is done, the content needs to be maintained to reflect new models, new MY, or simply changes to the available equipment
I'm interested in pricing out ED invoice for a 2014 328i xDrive Wagon with various different options. Would you share the ED invoice prices data for the different lines/options in any format as an interim measure even while bmwconfig is updated? Noone seems to have shared this so far. P.S. a recommendation for a dealer near Philadelphia for ED would also be appreciated.
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2013, 02:36 AM   #11
bavarianboar
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 540i, 2020 430i

Quote:
Originally Posted by parapatt
Quote:
All of the above! ;-)

I'm interested in pricing out ED invoice for a 2014 328i xDrive Wagon with various different options. Would you share the ED invoice prices data for the different lines/options in any format as an interim measure even while bmwconfig is updated? Noone seems to have shared this so far. P.S. a recommendation for a dealer near Philadelphia for ED would also be appreciated.
You cannot jack this thread. This is a valuable one and pretty sure personal requests like yours will get more attention and answers in a separate thread.

Follow the forum rules mate.

Driving: 2020 540i M-Sport Carbon Black, Ivory Nappa - Dec 2019 BTO - Feb 2020 Delivery
Returned: 2016 535i M-Sport Carbon Black, Ivory Nappa :: 2014 F30 335i M-Sport Min Grey, Coral Red :: 2011 E90 328i Deep Sea Blue, Oyster Dakota
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2014, 03:48 PM   #12
sk0525
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 F85

Quote:
All of the above! ;-)

Bump for getting some help for BMWConfig!
      11-30-2014, 07:53 PM   #13
Crazy'boutBimmers
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i xDrive Msp

Hi ParisSF, bmwconfig is still not online, so I assume you still need help with the tool - please pass me on what the website is built on, and other details. I would like to help out on the tool. I am a software developer by profession and have used the site extensively for getting my F30. I hope we can get it working soon. PM me the details, so I get it on my email, as I don't log here regularly.
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2014, 10:44 AM   #14
jd_perspective
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 X3 35i M-Sport

was good until it stopped working well. not sure what happened but very finicky on my mac and pc.

to the founder - not sure the situation but maybe some sponsors can help out in funding and you can hire someone? just saying - could make a buck.

2019 440i Coupe M-Sport - Retired
2018 330i Sedan M-Sport - Retired
2015 428i Gran Coupe M-Sport - Retired
Appreciate 0