F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Cosmetic Maintenance: Wash, Wax, Detailing, Repairs > BMW 328i Alpine white 2014/2015
Studio RSR

06-27-2015, 10:02 AM   #1
MaXZaR
Rep
Drives: 15 BMW 328i

BMW 328i Alpine white 2014/2015

Hey Everyone,

Hopefully this is where this thread goes

I have been researching on different types of wax and came up with this

Wash shampoo - (havent come up with one yet, any recommendations? which ones doesnt take the wax off after applying it ?)

Clay bar - Can skip this step to polish or ??

Polish - Zaino 2 Pro. (Is this actually a polish or sealant, bit confused from what im reading.)

Wax Sealant - FK1000p ( this is sealant right?)

Wax - Collonite 845 (thinking to put this one on top of the FK1000p after 1 hr or more not too sure about the time yet)

As far, I havent bought these products yet.

I would like to ask you guys for some comments before doing so

Please do let me know what you guys think !!

P.s. this is an alpine white car !!!
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2015, 02:05 PM   #2
sirhawes
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: '12 328i Imperial Blue

Im a large fan of chemical guys. I would say mr pink or citrus for wash soap. Do not skip the clay bar. Depending on how new your car is, or the amount of swirls are on it, you probably wont need polish. For glaze, sealant and wax i would say their white light, jetseal and white wax would make your car pop fantastic.
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2015, 09:37 AM   #3
MaXZaR
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhawes View Post
Im a large fan of chemical guys. I would say mr pink or citrus for wash soap. Do not skip the clay bar. Depending on how new your car is, or the amount of swirls are on it, you probably wont need polish. For glaze, sealant and wax i would say their white light, jetseal and white wax would make your car pop fantastic.
Citrus sounds quite famous around people... i might try that
It doesnt take off the wax right?

So far there isnt any swirls or anything so far as I just got the car around 10~15days ago.

So normally polish is when you see swirls then you start use polish to cure it ?

Just wondering, for the glaze product part, is glaze usually used after polish or ?

I just checked up the chemical guys products. Might be a bit difficult for me to get
As I locate in Sydney, Australia. Is there any other similar ones thats recommended ?
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2015, 10:38 AM   #4
sirhawes
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

The proper order to detailing a car is wash, clay, polish (optional),glaze,sealant, wax (optional). There are many products that will get the job done with similar or better results but i like to find a good brand and stick with it. It's easier. But for living in sydney, you should know the best products wont be at your local car product store, most likely online.
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2015, 10:19 PM   #5
MaXZaR
Rep

Quote:
The proper order to detailing a car is wash, clay, polish (optional),glaze,sealant, wax (optional). There are many products that will get the job done with similar or better results but i like to find a good brand and stick with it. It's easier. But for living in sydney, you should know the best products wont be at your local car product store, most likely online.
Unfortunately Yes, there isnt as much good car product stores here.

Sorry, im still new to this, just wondering isnt "Glaze" also a part of polish product?
Or is it different from polish? (which just makes it more gloss? )

For clay bar, are all brands similar ?
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2015, 10:22 PM   #6
sirhawes
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

Well a glaze it similar to a polish it's used after polishing to give the shine more depth. Thats the best way i can explain it. And yes clay bars are all the same just make sure not to drop it on the ground and have either a good clay lube or quick detail spray
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2015, 10:28 PM   #7
MaXZaR
Rep

Quote:
Well a glaze it similar to a polish it's used after polishing to give the shine more depth. Thats the best way i can explain it. And yes clay bars are all the same just make sure not to drop it on the ground and have either a good clay lube or quick detail spray
So
Polish - Cure swirls etc
Polish - Glaze = shine more in depth

Was just browsing last night about cleaners wax.

Is cleaner wax the step after sealant? to pre-clean it? or is it some what another type of wax ?

I shall get geared sometime this week
Appreciate 1
      06-28-2015, 10:32 PM   #8
sirhawes
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

I would honestly skip wax on a white car. Very difficult to see a difference after
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2015, 10:42 PM   #9
MaXZaR
Rep

Quote:
I would honestly skip wax on a white car. Very difficult to see a difference after
Ok, Ill give it a shot.
Appreciate 0