F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > F30 DIYs and Coding Discussions > Nbt: Updates - Info
Extreme Powerhouse

08-25-2014, 06:21 AM   #1
MyFastM3
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: m3

Nbt: Updates - Info

Good day all,

I am getting mighty confused on the updates and version and software / firmware for the freeken NBT, so I thought this was the appropriate forum for me to post my questions.

I can see three different versions of software:

NBT Software / Firmware (Seen on) Navigation > Option > Navigation Software Version

Then you have:
Media Software / Firmware Seen on Settings > Software Update > Software Version - This I am assuming is the "Combox" version

Telephone Software / Firmware Seen on Settings > Software Update > Software Version - This is the BT version

Now if i go to:
www.bmw.com/update - I can get the Media Software updates
www.bmw.com/bluetooth - Through the menus you get the BT Software

Now the big question is the dam NBT software, there is a thread here which I noted a difference I saw in some of the cars built two months after mine. From what people been posting its newer NBT software.

I asked my dealer to check and they said nothing to update (which didn't shock me as that's their default answer), I know for a fact (See the screen shot I am on old software / firmware). I have the media and telephone software as up to date as it gets according to the website.

Looking for some guidance on how to update the NBT it self to the latest firmware maybe -@shawnsheridan you could help me out figure out the differences and the firmware?

If it was a "Firmware" issue then I am assuming there is a firmware file I can use ESYS to flash the NBT?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-26-2014, 05:59 AM   #2
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Alpina B6 650ix GC

Garage List
You have:

1) The NBT Firmware version. This is determined by the last version of ISTA/P or PSdZData used to program (flash) NBT.

2) BT Firmware which can be updated independently of the NBT Firmware, using BMW downloadable USB Update, which has two parts, TX (telephone) and MN (media). This update though is limited by what the actual NBT firmware above can support. For example, in some cases, even if the downloadable USB Update is capable of updating BT firmware MN to 002.033.007 and TX to 002.034.008 you may run the update and get only MN to 002.033.005 and TX to 002.034.004. This is because it is limited by the actual NBT Firmware itself. After programming NBT with the latest firmware and rerunning the NBT Update, then it would update to MN to 002.033.007 and TX to 002.034.008.

To flash any ECU, follow my instructions here using Kombi as an example:

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...0&postcount=29

The motor cannot be running during flashing, so the car must be on a commercial grade charger rated for 50 Amps minimum.

2018 F06 Alpina B6 650ix GC; Space Grey; Vermillion Red Nappa Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant
2017 F15 X5 xDrive50i MSport; Glacier Silver Metallic; Black Dakota Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant; RSE
Appreciate 0