F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > EUROPE (Continental) > Coding in Germany?
Extreme Powerhouse

07-28-2012, 11:08 AM   #1
joker69289
Germany
Rep
Drives: F30

Coding in Germany?

Does anyone do coding in Germany ?
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2012, 11:33 AM   #2
jdsowa
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW F31

Coding in Germany

I live in Stuttgart and can code F-series as well as E-Series. My buddy Carlos lives in Bamburg and can code your car as well. A link to his website is:
https://www.facebook.com/bmw.coding.service
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2013, 04:06 PM   #3
Jacko
Jacko 135
Germany
Rep
Drives: 2each 2012 335 Sport lines

I have a 2012 335 F30 and was wondering what all can be done to my car as far as coding it? My car has NAV and every option except the 8 Speed Auto trans. I opted for the 6 Speed manual on this car I also have another one with the auto trans. The wife's car. I wanted to change the settings to Horse Power and the Torque rating on the center screen because mine is set in the European rates.

Last edited by Jacko; 05-28-2013 at 04:08 PM.. Reason: adding something
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2013, 12:13 PM   #4
EB_F30
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 13' M Sport 335 6MT

Any chance you will be availabe next month for coding? I'll be im Munich for Oktoberfest for a few days and could make trip to Stuttgart.
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2013, 12:35 PM   #5
franzli72
Rep
Drives: 435i xDrive

Buy a cable, it's easier! :-)
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2014, 08:10 AM   #6
bimmer man
Lieutenant
Norway
Rep
Drives: 745le xdrive 2020, i3 2020

Garage List
2020 745le  [0.00]
2012 640i  [10.00]
on my 2014 mod. 335i GT can I change via I-drive system in the sub menu
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2014, 03:54 AM   #7
-Ironside-
Registered
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: 2014 334xi GT

Hi,

Moved back to Europe (to Netherlands) from US and took my US-spec 335xi GT with me. Currently fighting with BMW Netherlands on getting the car to EU spec. They only agreed to install rear fog light (with extra, ugly switch) to pass the inspection and update maps. So:

- BMW online doesn't work (tries to connect via in-car SIM that doesn't exist, US uses Bluetooth data from your mobile)
- Traffic information doesn't work
- Etc.

The local official BMW dealer is not allowed to do any SW updates, the mother company has forbid it. So I'm looking for a place in southern Netherlands/Belgium/Dusseldorf area in Germany who could help me with US to EU conversion. And Finland would be an option too... Any recommendations?
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2016, 05:56 AM   #8
MSport_Jon
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: X3 F25 LCI /// F80 M3 (SOLD)

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Ironside- View Post
Hi,

Moved back to Europe (to Netherlands) from US and took my US-spec 335xi GT with me. Currently fighting with BMW Netherlands on getting the car to EU spec. They only agreed to install rear fog light (with extra, ugly switch) to pass the inspection and update maps. So:

- BMW online doesn't work (tries to connect via in-car SIM that doesn't exist, US uses Bluetooth data from your mobile)
- Traffic information doesn't work
- Etc.

The local official BMW dealer is not allowed to do any SW updates, the mother company has forbid it. So I'm looking for a place in southern Netherlands/Belgium/Dusseldorf area in Germany who could help me with US to EU conversion. And Finland would be an option too... Any recommendations?

Yeah,

Some of the telematics in your car are for US use only. The sim card itself is either from AT&T or T-Mobile USA. Unless your somehow find a way to use a local SIM and or convince them somehow to use your telematics box, you chances or getting connected drive here in Europe are very limited. There is the option of coding but in reality this IS NOT BMW connected drive. There is a way to code to use your smartphone's tethering feature and provide data to the car but this entails disabling other features. As far as i know one of the most important features of connected drive does not work without telematics and that is RTTI. You can still get TMC and TP but those are at best 30 minute traffic updates. Also the tuner in you car might crash and stop providing background radio channel scanning services and requires user intervention to get these going again. My E90 TMC and TP worked flawlessly but on my F25 X3 with NBT it works for say an hour or so and then it stops scanning radio channels in the back which in turn will cause you to loose your ability to get TMC updates.

As far as updates i think that is horseshit... I have had a E90 335i and currently an F25 X3 both US Specs here in Germany and they update the cars via ISTA/P all the time.

They probably are not used to the procedure (which is by the way the same anywhere since ISTA uses the internet) or they just dont want to deal with it.... Look to EULER BMW in Kaiserslaughtern Germany. They might be able to help.

Last edited by MSport_Jon; 02-27-2016 at 06:06 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2016, 07:56 AM   #9
keltis99
Private
Belgium
Rep
Drives: 2014 428i

i second that. I have F32 usa here in Belgium and connected drive is off limits on these cars. i was told to replace TCB unit in the back which costs ~500eur - not worth for rtti which is also a subscription service. google traffic beats rtti as far as I read. alternatively i know that in russia they already managed to install a simple (european) sim card in the TCB and hook up to bmw's RTTI...clearly not official but its good to know its possible.

all the rest - navi, radio, lights (i replaced my xenons plus backs to eu type), fog, dash are all doable mods on the F series. these are popular topics in eastern Europe which imports a lot of USA cars (but not supported by official BMW which of course hates US cars in Europe due to major pricing differences)
      03-02-2016, 01:17 PM   #10
Dang3r
Schmollbraten
Germany
Rep
Drives: M4CPC // HP4 Comp.

Same here with a reimported 435i, the conversion was easy and not very expensive at all, but connected drive wont work with the OEM US sim card. I wouldnt change it, because I dont use it anyway.

Some say, that my scrotum has its own small gravity field and when Im slowing down that brake lights come on at my buttox
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2016, 05:06 AM   #11
Montaxx
Private First Class
Germany
Rep
Drives: F30 328i

Coder around Kaiserslautern reporting in.

Doin F and E-Series

Can generate FSC-Code and update maps too

If you need me, PM me.
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2016, 09:18 AM   #12
Andy241
Germany
Rep
Drives: F30 316d Sedan

Me Too
got Rheingold and Esys
doing mainly F Series, but got a friend who also is into Coding E Series

I'm near Nürnberg, so if there are some soldiers from Graf or Ansbach
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2016, 01:34 PM   #13
GDLF.
Enlisted Member
Germany
Rep
Drives: 2019 G01 X3 M40i

Hey friends!

I'm also doing Coding for F-Series around Aachen/Cologne, NRW. Feel free to ask if you want to know something

I also got a second ENET-Cable, if anyone wants to start coding by themselves.
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2016, 09:17 AM   #14
coolmex200
Second Lieutenant
Germany
Rep
Drives: F80 M3, 2016 X5 35i, F25d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montaxx View Post
Coder around Kaiserslautern reporting in.

Doin F and E-Series

Can generate FSC-Code and update maps too

If you need me, PM me.
What's an FCS code? Also, do you know how to code traffic alerts? I have been trying with no avail...I got all the basic codes, but can't get that to work. Also, the extended Bluetooth, I can't get my messages to show...but I think that's more of an iPhone issue.
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2016, 10:51 AM   #15
Dang3r
Schmollbraten
Germany
Rep

You need so called FSC's (Freischaltcode) for updating your nav database, enabling additional features like speed limit indication e.g.
Be advised: A free downloadable FSC-generator can generate maybe a correct code in accordance to your VIN to grant you access to update - but could also smash your system, this happens before at other users.

Some say, that my scrotum has its own small gravity field and when Im slowing down that brake lights come on at my buttox
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2016, 11:57 AM   #16
coolmex200
Second Lieutenant
Germany
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dang3r View Post
You need so called FSC's (Freischaltcode) for updating your nav database, enabling additional features like speed limit indication e.g.
Be advised: A free downloadable FSC-generator can generate maybe a correct code in accordance to your VIN to grant you access to update - but could also smash your system, this happens before at other users.
Ok...thanks for the info. Getting an X5d and X3d next week. I'm good at coding, but I'm trying to figure out how to get European traffic alerts. FCS code help with enabling BMW apps too?
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2016, 02:51 AM   #17
Dang3r
Schmollbraten
Germany
Rep

No, that thinking most ppl have. A former US BMW is stock unable to use european frequencies for RTTi/TMC and/or connected drive and most important the emergency pushbutton call.
This is partly caused by the different combox with a hard installed sim-card for the overseas connection and this makes the emer call and the connected drive feature akaik impossible. A box swap should be possible, but expensive and in my opinion not worth the features.
The radiobuttons "MODE" and "AM/FM" are not reassignable, you got the MODE also onto steering wheel and at German cars the button is divided at the radio to "TMC". Also the satellite radio wont work but the HD resolution.
To enable traffic messages which are displayed onto the nav screen but wont read by announcer via radio you have to set the parameters from US to ECE, change the frequency value to 50us and another value to nicht_aktiv.

Appreciate 0
      11-20-2016, 03:50 AM   #18
coolmex200
Second Lieutenant
Germany
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dang3r View Post
No, that thinking most ppl have. A former US BMW is stock unable to use european frequencies for RTTi/TMC and/or connected drive and most important the emergency pushbutton call.
This is partly caused by the different combox with a hard installed sim-card for the overseas connection and this makes the emer call and the connected drive feature akaik impossible. A box swap should be possible, but expensive and in my opinion not worth the features.
The radiobuttons "MODE" and "AM/FM" are not reassignable, you got the MODE also onto steering wheel and at German cars the button is divided at the radio to "TMC". Also the satellite radio wont work but the HD resolution.
To enable traffic messages which are displayed onto the nav screen but wont read by announcer via radio you have to set the parameters from US to ECE, change the frequency value to 50us and another value to nicht_aktiv.
What equipment group do I need to enable speed limit information?
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2016, 07:58 AM   #19
Dang3r
Schmollbraten
Germany
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolmex200 View Post
What equipment group do I need to enable speed limit information?
You could by a speed limit emulator which is picking the actual speed limits from the nav database and display it into HUD and also into instrument cluster via ticking the BC settings.
But note that this kind of mod are only be able to display the achieved limits and not the real speed limits onto the street. This demands also a KAFAS camera and system, which is located into the windshield behind the rain/light sensor. A simple reinstallation of the camera isnt possible and you need addionally a very expensive €650,- FSC from BMW. So in total an ordering right after configuring a new car would be very more cheaper.
I got only the emulator installed and be pleased with it. The emulator has a price of €225,- must be hardwired installed behind the instrument cluster or under the center trim panel near the iDrive. Coding is also necessary so count round about €300,- for this mod. I found it definitely worth it.

Appreciate 0
      04-09-2017, 04:31 AM   #20
Ibo24
New BMW owner
Belgium
Rep
Drives: BMW 316d, BMW F40 116d

Garage List
I'm active in Belgium for coding!
http://facebook.com/BIMCoded
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2017, 10:23 AM   #21
CruzM3
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 "Velocity Edition"

I can code for anyone in the Düsseldorf/Aachen/ Sittard (Netherlands) areas.
2016 328i (sold)
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2017, 10:41 AM   #22
Dang3r
Schmollbraten
Germany
Rep

I know also a very good coder near Nuremberg/Forchheim.

Appreciate 0