F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > N20, N26, B46, B48 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > INJEN Intake DIY install supplement guide for 328i F30
Studio RSR

04-26-2016, 03:28 PM   #89
roxxor
Major
Rep
Drives: 2024 iX50

Quote:
Originally Posted by StepAsideButch View Post
Learned that the hard way lol. Had to access the trunk through my folding seats and just plugged in the negative to the battery to be able to open the trunk. Rookie mistake lol.

Did everyone install the 13.5 inch rubber thing? Is it really necessary?? I didnt install it. Also i feel like there is a bit of a wiggle between my top tubing and the bottom tubing. Ive been paranoid that something might go wrong lol..
I just installed mine and this thread was a big help, especially the pics! I ended up having to cut mine to fit, for some reason it had way too much overlap, unless I was installing it wrong

As far as the MPG, I've only really driven it a day or two since I had it installed, and haven't really noticed any changes in the mileage yet. I'll clear my mpg and keep track of it.
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2016, 06:20 PM   #90
mike@x-ph.com
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Quote:
Originally Posted by roxxor View Post
I just installed mine and this thread was a big help, especially the pics! I ended up having to cut mine to fit, for some reason it had way too much overlap, unless I was installing it wrong

As far as the MPG, I've only really driven it a day or two since I had it installed, and haven't really noticed any changes in the mileage yet. I'll clear my mpg and keep track of it.
You have pics of the intake installed?

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2016, 12:35 PM   #91
Insert Name
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 328i Sedan

do you have to unplug the battery to install? Also is it the battery in the trunk or the one in the engine bay? Anything else I should know before installing, like leave the trunk open?
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2016, 01:11 PM   #92
LittleBlackHawk
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F30 --> E89

Hi Everyone, I am wondering what is the vacuum line used for? How come my Euro model 2014 328 doesn't have it...??
And how to get this awesome woosh sound? Mine doesn't sound like this... rather quite.
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2016, 12:32 PM   #93
Efthirty
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW 328i Sedan

So I installed this yesterday and it doesn't seem it has any power gains. It feels the same... I'm not surprised since it's only an intake. Looks and sounds good tho.
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2017, 02:32 PM   #94
atcurti
Rep
Drives: 2016 428i xDrive Gran Coupe

Just installed mine today and also did not install the long rubber barrier between the heat shield and the lower piping. It was big and long and awkward and even with cutting didn't fit well. I may find something else to wrap around that section of the tube.

Did anyone leave the top of the heat shield off? It's heavy and seems unnecessary.
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2017, 12:48 PM   #95
jaymax
F30 328i Msports N20+ERDP+CP+TIC+FMIC+MPE+ JB4
Malaysia
Rep
Drives: F82 M4 BM3 Stage 2

i just diy'ed install my intake today and cant believe that the pipes are so filmsy and loose, or i screwed up my install. There is essentially only one vibramount to hold 2 pieces of pipes together after being merged together by provided straight hose. and nothing to hold the lower intake pipe in place. Not sure if it would loose over time and have vibrations and loose item knocking sound. when i push then to simulate movement, i can hear knocking sounds of the pipes.

anyone else has this issue or its just me and my observation.
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2017, 01:08 PM   #96
deneyer
Second Lieutenant
Belgium
Rep
Drives: BMW

For the 3rd time, cause nobody feels the need to answer this question!

How often do you clean the filter, and HOW do you clean the filter? Dry filter. How much dirt comes in through the slits in the cover?
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2017, 07:55 AM   #97
izzyM2
Major
Rep
Drives: 24’M2/21ID.4/21’MacanGTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by deneyer View Post
For the 3rd time, cause nobody feels the need to answer this question!

How often do you clean the filter, and HOW do you clean the filter? Dry filter. How much dirt comes in through the slits in the cover?
My opinion, it all depends on how much you use it and where you are (clean or dusty area). I would check it every 3-5k miles but probably won’t need to clean it until 10k or even more. You will know by the amount of dust, dirt and grime that accumulates and your comfort level. I would take out just the filter, use an air compressor or any high pressure air device. If that’s not enough hose it down with water With just enough pressure so it doesn’t damage the filter then let it air dry in the sun. I no longer have the car and device but that is how I use to clean it.
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2017, 05:01 AM   #98
deneyer
Second Lieutenant
Belgium
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by izzyM2 View Post
My opinion, it all depends on how much you use it and where you are (clean or dusty area). I would check it every 3-5k miles but probably won’t need to clean it until 10k or even more. You will know by the amount of dust, dirt and grime that accumulates and your comfort level. I would take out just the filter, use an air compressor or any high pressure air device. If that’s not enough hose it down with water With just enough pressure so it doesn’t damage the filter then let it air dry in the sun. I no longer have the car and device but that is how I use to clean it.

Thx for the answer
Appreciate 0