F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > comfort access trunk open
ARMA SPEED

06-16-2015, 07:52 PM   #45
Fronzdan
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '24 M240 xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriskd
In my experience, if you stand too close to the bumper, you'll fail more often. Try stepping farther back before attempting the kick.
This.

If I'm in the garage and the rear bumper is close to the garage door (causing me to be right up next to the bumper, nearly touching it) I have trouble. Stand about a foot and a half away, kick the foot forward and back in a smooth motion right below the roundel.
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2015, 10:50 PM   #46
Piggieback
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2014 Cayman S, 2015 A3

Actually really easy, if you put ur foot right behind the middle of the rear bumper, you will either go to far and "hit" the muffler, however, there is an opening right after the muffler that up, so all you have to do is smoothly lift your foot and slightly go inside the bumper, where you don't actually hit anything and the trunk will open every time. Look under the bumper, there is an opening right before the bumper begins, thats where the sensors are. Simply put, make sure your foot actually goes slightly inside the bumper and it will work every time.
Appreciate 0