F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior & interior) > Choosing an Exhaust Diffuser for the F32
GetBMWParts

09-19-2016, 08:59 AM   #23
Trevster
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 428xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dang3r
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevster View Post
I ordered this diffuser for my 32. Fitment is spot on, for the awe quad. Unfortunately, I don't have it completed to show you as awe shipped my exhaust without midpipe so now I'm waiting on that to arrive.

http://www.esetuning.com/bmw-428-f32.../exterior.html

Here's a follow up with it installed. Not 100% sold on the look, it sits up about half inch from the bumper in the center
Was first thinking of a Rieger diffusor too, but they'd told me that the cut outs are limited for 3" tips. Hence I got 4" I had to buy the OEM ones from Bastuck, but Im not totally pleased with the fitment and quality. Next time I have to remove the diffusor and stick it proper back into its bumper sittings. From any reason it has slipped out onto the right side.
What kinda exhaust you've got?
Quote:
I ordered this diffuser for my 32. Fitment is spot on, for the awe quad. Unfortunately, I don't have it completed to show you as awe shipped my exhaust without midpipe so now I'm waiting on that to arrive.

Here's a follow up with it installed. Not 100% sold on the look, it sits up about half inch from the bumper in the center

I have the AWE Quad touring. I forgot to mention I had to cut about and inch, inch and a half off the plastic under paneling at the battery box as the corner was showing in exhaust opening(passenger side)
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2016, 09:52 AM   #24
Dang3r
Schmollbraten
Germany
Rep
Drives: M4CPC // HP4 Comp.

Quote:
I have the AWE Quad touring. I forgot to mention I had to cut about and inch, inch and a half off the plastic under paneling at the battery box as the corner was showing in exhaust opening(passenger side)
Ah, ok, those are not permitted into Germany, aside from the fact, that for the 4 series are no AWE exhausts available.

Some say, that my scrotum has its own small gravity field and when Im slowing down that brake lights come on at my buttox
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2016, 01:47 PM   #25
Insane435
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 435ix M Sport EWG

I bought the rw carbon plastic quad diffusor

What do you guys think, keep flat black or paint the outer part estoril??
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2017, 10:54 AM   #26
Dang3r
Schmollbraten
Germany
Rep
Drives: M4CPC // HP4 Comp.

If possible let it be carbon structure wet-print. Matte black would be also ok, EBII is too much for my taste and deletes the visible difference distance between bumper and diffusor.

Some say, that my scrotum has its own small gravity field and when Im slowing down that brake lights come on at my buttox
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2017, 05:32 PM   #27
Insane435
Major
United_States
Rep

Im leaning towards painting the outer gloss
Black to match the trim and leaving the center matte. I agree the eb 2 looks a little odd to me. This would be sportier.
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2017, 10:19 AM   #28
DThr33
Captain
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane435 View Post
Im leaning towards painting the outer gloss
Black to match the trim and leaving the center matte. I agree the eb 2 looks a little odd to me. This would be sportier.
I've got mine with the outer painted BSM and the center left matte. Looks great on my MR f32 imo. Not a fan of painting the outer body colour (though I guess black is a different story)
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2017, 11:36 AM   #29
Insane435
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DThr33 View Post
I've got mine with the outer painted BSM and the center left matte. Looks great on my MR f32 imo. Not a fan of painting the outer body colour (though I guess black is a different story)
Is BSM the color of the shadowline trim?
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2017, 05:59 PM   #30
DThr33
Captain
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane435 View Post
Is BSM the color of the shadowline trim?
Black Sapphire Metallic, it's the black colour of F32s (apart from the individual carbon black), not sure if it's called something else in the US.

Here's a pic of mine:

Appreciate 1
Dang3r12512.00
      01-04-2017, 09:47 PM   #31
misguided_will
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW 340i M Sport

cf seemed a bargain for only a slight cost premium but cf is hit and miss it seems at that price.

i went for a replica m performance made from Polypropylene as in my mind, it would be more forgiving and durable. most seemed to be made from abs which im told is brittle by comparison.

my diffuser was made in taiwan and the fit is perfect.
      01-06-2017, 07:30 PM   #32
atcurti
Rep
Drives: 2016 428i xDrive Gran Coupe

Install

Quote:

Did you install it yourself? If so, do you have a write-up or tips on the installation? I took off all of the 8mm bolts and a few out of the heat shield but am having a hard time actually popping the part off.
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2017, 09:54 PM   #33
Trevster
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by atcurti View Post
Quote:

Did you install it yourself? If so, do you have a write-up or tips on the installation? I took off all of the 8mm bolts and a few out of the heat shield but am having a hard time actually popping the part off.
Quote:

I'm not sure what exhaust set up you went with. I didn't do a write up or guide. The only issue I had with the diffuser on my quad setup was the battery box plastic shroud on the rear passenger side was in the way. I had to use a dremel to shave it down to make it fit. I didn't remove any of the heat shield material. Just plastics on the battery compartment.
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2017, 03:47 PM   #34
atcurti
Rep

Quote:

I'm not sure what exhaust set up you went with. I didn't do a write up or guide. The only issue I had with the diffuser on my quad setup was the battery box plastic shroud on the rear passenger side was in the way. I had to use a dremel to shave it down to make it fit. I didn't remove any of the heat shield material. Just plastics on the battery compartment.
Got it - thanks. Did you have to use a lot of force to pull the stock diffuser off? The passenger side clip near the reflector comes off pretty easily but the clips in the middle are a different story.
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2017, 03:58 PM   #35
Trevster
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by atcurti View Post
Quote:

Got it - thanks. Did you have to use a lot of force to pull the stock diffuser off? The passenger side clip near the reflector comes off pretty easily but the clips in the middle are a different story.
Quote:

No, not at all. There's some screws that got to be removed at the underneath bottom section. Then the rest of the clips can be worked with hand pressure. Some of them are secured horizontally. I don't remember which ones they were exactly anymore though.
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2017, 11:28 AM   #36
atcurti
Rep

Quote:

No, not at all. There's some screws that got to be removed at the underneath bottom section. Then the rest of the clips can be worked with hand pressure. Some of them are secured horizontally. I don't remember which ones they were exactly anymore though.
Appreciate it. For anyone looking, I found a CF option for a reasonable price on CN Auto Fans:
http://cnautofans.com/products/carbo...-0449-740.html
Appreciate 0