F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > Ordered and F30 330d
GetBMWParts

11-15-2012, 10:14 AM   #1
MarkW83
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 330d M Sport

Ordered and F30 330d

Hi everyone,

Firstly sorry for the typo in the thread title, apparently can't change it (should be "an")!

A couple of days ago I ordered an F30 330d M Sport, good spec inc. Pro Nav (new version), H/K, Adaptive Suspension, Electric Seats, Visibility Package, etc.

My dealer has already ordered the car from BMW (yesterday I believe), and says that delivery "should be" in December, but that they had to move quickly to order the car to try for a December delivery.

As the factory closes from the last week of December for 2 weeks, and delivery "in December" would presumably then be max. 5-6 weeks from ordering, I'm wondering how likely it is that I'll have it in December? UK, by the way. And no Individual options etc. to potentially delay it.

Thanks guys.

Last edited by MarkW83; 11-15-2012 at 10:21 AM..
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2012, 10:22 AM   #2
HighlandPete
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: BMW F11 535i Touring

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkW83 View Post
As the factory closes from the last week of December for 2 weeks, and delivery "in December" would presumably then be max. 5-6 weeks from ordering, I'm wondering how likely it is that I'll have it in December? UK, by the way. And no Individual options etc. to potentially delay it.

Thanks guys.
Don't tell some of the others in the UK forum, they have been waiting for months.

I suppose it could depend on whether the dealer has a production slot they can use this year, which hasn't been locked in already.

HighlandPete
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2012, 10:56 AM   #3
pops_f30
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 330d MSport EBII

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighlandPete View Post
Don't tell some of the others in the UK forum, they have been waiting for months.

I suppose it could depend on whether the dealer has a production slot they can use this year, which hasn't been locked in already.

HighlandPete
....secret's out....

some of us had to wait nearly 15 weeks, however this was done to a storage in 6 cylinder engines (so I am told) so I hope your's does come quickly but I wouldn't bet my house on it.

Good news is when you do get all the waiting will be a distant memory, like most cars in the rear view mirror!!

Appreciate 0
      11-15-2012, 11:03 AM   #4
MarkW83
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 330d M Sport

Thanks guys, I guess the long and short of it is that no-one will really know until it's actually been built! But fingers crossed anyway.

Yes, I've gone through this 3 times before, and it's not much fun waiting; but does always seem to pass quickly, and will be worth the wait, I'm sure! I just hope there are no delays.
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2012, 02:30 PM   #5
Roarders
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 330d M Sport EB11

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighlandPete View Post

HighlandPete

I ordered mine in August and it had a build week of 49 but got a mail from the dealer this week it is now in production this week
Appreciate 0