F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > 4GC - Exclusive no more...
Studio RSR

03-31-2015, 08:16 AM   #67
the_phew
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '17 GTI 6MT, was 320i ZSP/ZMT

Quote:
Originally Posted by sygazelle View Post
While the 4gc is a very nice car, just like other F3x versions, it turns out that its neither exclusive or uncommon. If you want to see one, just go visit a dealer.
I hope it sells, because higher sales would make it more likely they'd offer it with the 6MT. What I really want is a 6MT, RWD wagon, but I fully acknowledge that they sold like a dozen of these with the E91. So if I want a 6MT, RWD hatchback from BMW, the 4gc is my best bet. Otherwise, a GTI or Golf R is looking awfully appealing...
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2015, 08:23 AM   #68
joewalton
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2015 428i Gran Coupé

Quote:
Originally Posted by ska///235i View Post
Another GC thread

Another

Another
PM me about our Gran Coupe meetup near Bear Mountain and Seven Lakes Drive in Westchester. M4's and other 4 Series will also be allowed. 2 Series too due to sportscar nature. No 3 Series. It'll be in late April or early May.
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2015, 08:41 AM   #69
aznjayenyce
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 435xi Grand Coupe

Do u guys do meet upa often? I would love to join after I get my gc =D
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2015, 09:00 AM   #70
Prissy
Brigadier General
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: M340i

Garage List
2015 BMW F30  [5.50]
2020 M340I  [0.00]
2017 X3  [0.00]
2008 BMW E92  [9.00]
2010 BMW E92  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by joewalton View Post
PM me about our Gran Coupe meetup near Bear Mountain and Seven Lakes Drive in Westchester. M4's and other 4 Series will also be allowed. 2 Series too due to sportscar nature. No 3 Series. It'll be in late April or early May.
An exclusive meet with all M badged 428s

Quote:
Originally Posted by aznjayenyce View Post
We got the Fresh Meadows weekend meet, as well as the Great Neck Thursday night meets near by. Check it out if you are interested.
Appreciate 1
      03-31-2015, 09:01 AM   #71
joewalton
Banned
Rep

Quote:
It's something we are just starting up in NYC metro for BMW sportscar owners, you know, the even numbers. 2's, 4's, 6's, 8's.

We used to participate in a drive up in New Hampshire but it's too far away and we have so many owners in NY, NJ, and CT it makes sense to hold one here. April or early May when the weather turns we will publish the meeting place, the route map, five-star restaurant recommendations, etc. PM me to be placed on the list.
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2015, 09:20 AM   #72
aznjayenyce
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 435xi Grand Coupe

I saw that therea this thing called the bimmer fest but it's located IN cali so I thought maybe there is one in NY or NJ.
it would be fun to meet other owners
I won't be getting my gc not until June sigh
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2015, 09:24 AM   #73
Prissy
Brigadier General
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: M340i

Garage List
2015 BMW F30  [5.50]
2020 M340I  [0.00]
2017 X3  [0.00]
2008 BMW E92  [9.00]
2010 BMW E92  [10.00]
Quote:
I saw that therea this thing called the bimmer fest but it's located IN cali so I thought maybe there is one in NY or NJ.
it would be fun to meet other owners
I won't be getting my gc not until June sigh
The NY bimmerfest event has been dead for a couple of years now, the biggest bimmer meet in NY area is the Rallye meet that happens once an year. I really hope Jason will throw another Bimmerfest this year lol.
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2015, 10:19 AM   #74
atg4
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F30

Quote:
No M3s. Those aren't sports cars. They've only won the most races for BMW in history. That's all.
Appreciate 1
      03-31-2015, 11:17 AM   #75
smithf80
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G80 M3 6MT

Garage List
2022 G20 330i  [9.00]
2018 F80 M3  [9.75]
Quote:
LOL I hope someone leaks the location just so that 3 series people can come.

This is the most rude thing I have heard from you yet. This is a forum of enthusiasts, you are supposed to welcome all cars.

Hell I went to an F80 meet with my 428 and was welcomed without issue, if the M owners don't care then you can't be arrogant enough to actually say you don't want 3 series owners at this meet. That's insane. I only half thought you were crazy before, now I know your nuts.
      03-31-2015, 12:16 PM   #76
sygazelle
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2014 328i M-Sport, 2019 X5 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithf32 View Post

This is the most rude thing I have heard from you yet. This is a forum of enthusiasts, you are supposed to welcome all cars.

Hell I went to an F80 meet with my 428 and was welcomed without issue, if the M owners don't care then you can't be arrogant enough to actually say you don't want 3 series owners at this meet. That's insane. I only half thought you were crazy before, now I know your nuts.
....and yet some forum members find him entertaining. Go figure.

As BJ, I hear he was banned from the bimmerfest forum. I don't know if that's true, but its not really that surprising given the occasional troll-like nature of his posts. He has been pushing enthusiasts buttons on car forums for over a decade now. Some find him entertaining. You use words like rude and arrogant. One thing for sure, he is really, really proud of his car.

He wins when we react to his nonsense. He is winning.
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2015, 12:25 PM   #77
captainaudio
World's Foremost Authority
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 Cab - Cayenne GTS - Jag XK
Location: Upper East Side Manhattan - Boca Raton FL - Lime Rock CT

Quote:

He was not serious (I know its hard to tell with him sometimes)
Everyone will be welcome.
If you do show up and get to meet the notorious JW/BJ in person you will see that he is an OK guy.

CA

Drivers Club at Lime Rock - International Motorsports Research Center - Society of Automotive Historians - Madison Avenue Sports Car Driving and Chowder Society (0nly a VP) - BMWCCA - Porsche Club of America - M Gruppe - Polish Race Drivers of America (PDRA) - Glen Club (Watkins Glen International) - Jaguar Club of Southern New England
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2015, 12:27 PM   #78
Level3
1/2 Asian Sensation
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW M3 e92 ZCP

Garage List
He has Napoleon Complex.
      03-31-2015, 12:33 PM   #79
joewalton
Banned
Rep

Quote:

Jeez, does no one have a sense of humor any more?

Relax.
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2015, 12:57 PM   #80
joewalton
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sygazelle View Post
....and yet some forum members find him entertaining. Go figure.

As BJ, I hear he was banned from the bimmerfest forum. I don't know if that's true, but its not really that surprising given the occasional troll-like nature of his posts. He has been pushing enthusiasts buttons on car forums for over a decade now. Some find him entertaining. You use words like rude and arrogant. One thing for sure, he is really, really proud of his car.

He wins when we react to his nonsense. He is winning.
And yet I have a high rep and no issues whatsoever in the year I've been active here. It's a shame I've been outed, last thing I wanted to do is bring your stalking Bimmerfest drama over here. I'm not there anymore, you can stop seeking me out here now.
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2015, 01:37 PM   #81
335BOY
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2017 SQ5

Quote:
It's something we are just starting up in NYC metro for BMW sportscar owners, you know, the even numbers. 2's, 4's, 6's, 8's.

We used to participate in a drive up in New Hampshire but it's too far away and we have so many owners in NY, NJ, and CT it makes sense to hold one here. April or early May when the weather turns we will publish the meeting place, the route map, five-star restaurant recommendations, etc. PM me to be placed on the list.
Oh great.....NOW its a sportscar
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2015, 02:41 PM   #82
sygazelle
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2014 328i M-Sport, 2019 X5 40i

Quote:
And yet I have a high rep and no issues whatsoever in the year I've been active here. It's a shame I've been outed, last thing I wanted to do is bring your stalking Bimmerfest drama over here. I'm not there anymore, you can stop seeking me out here now.

Jeez, does no one have a sense of humor any more?

Relax.
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2015, 04:31 PM   #83
ZilberGrau ZHP
Captain
Rep
Drives: 435GC MGray, 330 ZHP (Wifes),

Ok I think this was brought up by someone who wanted an exclusive F32/36 thread (Joe Walton maybe I forgot) and I see the point vis a vis this "thread". I see onzie twozie Gran Coupes up and down I 35 from San Antonio to Dallas- which I travel a lot. And that is through Austin as well so LOTS of cars (seems like Millions)- BMW introducing the "entry level" 320i has produced a TON of them. And I begrudge no one who buys them. If I was younger and wanted a BMW (Complete with the very average MMI and weak HK "upgrade-had to throw that in) then I would probably buy one too. But it does ADD many more F30s on the road and does make some really nice F30s look very "so what" and "me too" and totally dilutes the model. They do this in Europe too but they dont buy near the amount of cars that we do. Unless the BMW races to the bottom with the GC (and I dont see that happening in the US at least), then the GC will stay fairly "exclusive"- for those who that matters. I am not into total exclusivity (I will get an Aston Martin one day to handle that) but not seeing another car like mine for a few hundred miles is pretty nice. If they sell 6-8k a year of GC's that is not a lot at all and we will all see a few, but they will never get "boring" on the road.
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2015, 05:14 PM   #84
sr5959
Captain
Rep
Drives: 428GC M-Sport

Hey guys on vacation this week on the Gulf Coast, sitting having drinks in a cafe just seen a Lux Line GC go by...
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2015, 06:40 PM   #85
captainaudio
World's Foremost Authority
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 Cab - Cayenne GTS - Jag XK
Location: Upper East Side Manhattan - Boca Raton FL - Lime Rock CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ze4eMCe View Post
Ok I think this was brought up by someone who wanted an exclusive F32/36 thread (Joe Walton maybe I forgot) and I see the point vis a vis this "thread". I see onzie twozie Gran Coupes up and down I 35 from San Antonio to Dallas- which I travel a lot. And that is through Austin as well so LOTS of cars (seems like Millions)- BMW introducing the "entry level" 320i has produced a TON of them. And I begrudge no one who buys them. If I was younger and wanted a BMW (Complete with the very average MMI and weak HK "upgrade-had to throw that in) then I would probably buy one too. But it does ADD many more F30s on the road and does make some really nice F30s look very "so what" and "me too" and totally dilutes the model. They do this in Europe too but they dont buy near the amount of cars that we do. Unless the BMW races to the bottom with the GC (and I dont see that happening in the US at least), then the GC will stay fairly "exclusive"- for those who that matters. I am not into total exclusivity (I will get an Aston Martin one day to handle that) but not seeing another car like mine for a few hundred miles is pretty nice. If they sell 6-8k a year of GC's that is not a lot at all and we will all see a few, but they will never get "boring" on the road.
To most people a Gran Coupe, M4, 5 Series, etc. is just another BMW in a sea of BMWs and in many cases "Just another gray (or black or white or whatever) car.

I remember a few years ago my wife and I picked up my father in law to take him out to dinner in our brand new Jaguar XJ8 Vanden Plas. He started to get into a Toyota that was a similar color (and it wasn't a Camry or an Avalon or even a Corolla, it was a Yaris or some other absolute bottom of the line model). He said that the two cars looked the same to him.

Needless to say he was not a car guy.

Drivers Club at Lime Rock - International Motorsports Research Center - Society of Automotive Historians - Madison Avenue Sports Car Driving and Chowder Society (0nly a VP) - BMWCCA - Porsche Club of America - M Gruppe - Polish Race Drivers of America (PDRA) - Glen Club (Watkins Glen International) - Jaguar Club of Southern New England
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2015, 08:27 PM   #86
DHS
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '16 X1, '15 435i & '98 Z3

Quote:

A 4 door hatchback with a 4 banger is a sportscar. That is the best joke of the year so far.
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2015, 08:34 PM   #87
DHS
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '16 X1, '15 435i & '98 Z3

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainaudio View Post
He was not serious (I know its hard to tell with him sometimes)
Everyone will be welcome.
If you do show up and get to meet the notorious JW/BJ in person you will see that he is an OK guy.

CA
Can't imagine anyone wanting to be anywhere near him, not even the trophy wife which seems to have departed.
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2015, 08:53 PM   #88
jamesbolt
Banned
Rep
Drives: F30

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHS View Post
Can't imagine anyone wanting to be anywhere near him, not even the trophy wife which seems to have departed.
Also gone are the beach house, Rolex, BMW Platinum Card.
Joe/Boltjames what happened?
Appreciate 0