F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Samsung S3 Phone and Pandora
Extreme Powerhouse

02-27-2013, 09:30 PM   #1
rakone
Rep
Drives: 2012 335is

Samsung S3 Phone and Pandora

So when playing Pandora via BT on my samsung s3 phone the display in the nav always says "please wait".. It does not display the name of the songs, it plays the music just no display..

I tried an iphone and the nav displays the song title..

Does anyone know is this an andriod issue on something i'm not setting up correctly..

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2013, 03:51 AM   #2
kickdown
Private
Bulgaria
Rep
Drives: BMW 320dA

What version of Android you are running on your S3? I've tried with "clean" version for spain (non operator bonded) 4.1.2. Downloaded it from Sammobile and updated via Odin. Work like a charm on a friends F30 320d EU Spec sept. 2012 biuld.Try updating with to latest firmware of the phone and the car (combox).
Bulgarian Forum: You ask a question...5 people starts explaining you how dumb you are, for asking such a stupid question!!!
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2013, 11:42 AM   #3
rakone
Rep

Version 4.1.1 and just did an update on the BT..Still same issue..
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2013, 03:46 AM   #4
kickdown
Private
Bulgaria
Rep
Drives: BMW 320dA

Update your S3 to 4.1.2 it should fix the issue. Or may not, I am not sure if the North American SIII is like the EU spec. Mine is GT-I9300 eu spec with 4.1.2 android for Spain, despite I am Bulgarian. Update it to 4.1.2, reinstall Pandora and then try it on the car.
Bulgarian Forum: You ask a question...5 people starts explaining you how dumb you are, for asking such a stupid question!!!
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2013, 03:08 PM   #5
rakone
Rep

I'll give that a try..

Have anyone else experience this issue with an Android phone and Pandora?

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2013, 02:54 PM   #6
rakone
Rep

attached is a sample of what my screen looks like when running pandora via Bluetooth, anyone else have this problem?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-06-2013, 11:42 AM   #7
kppanic
Private
Rep
Drives: 2015 Macan S

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakone View Post
attached is a sample of what my screen looks like when running pandora via Bluetooth, anyone else have this problem?
The only time it worked with my phone (same, SG3) was when I was on stock 4.1.1 Rogers.

Stock 4.1.2 on Rogers update, song info does not go through BT, just like yours.

Tried 4.2.1, 4.2.2, various ROMs (i.e. Telus, AT&T, Bell, etc) with various flavours (CM, AOSP, etc) and it still does not read song info.

This happens in Pandora, or even just playing music from stock music player.

iDrive BT drivers have to recognize different Android blutooth drivers, I guess.

One thing though, when playing sound and video through BT (i.e. YouTube or videos) sound always lags on the car's sound system, at least by 1.5sec no matter what I try. Makes it pretty much useless.
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2013, 03:30 PM   #8
rakone
Rep

so it seems like its an android issue..
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2013, 10:26 PM   #9
zenmaster
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 M2

As of 3/7/13, Pandora support says "At this time only the iPhone is supported for the Pandora integration in the BMW vehicles.". Pandora doesn't support Android on BMWs. And BMW doesn't support it. So the fact that it doesn't work should not be surprising.
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2013, 12:22 AM   #10
rakone
Rep

that sucks..oh well..Should of kept my iphone..

thanks for the info, was going crazy trying to figure this out...
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2013, 09:48 PM   #11
zenmaster
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakone View Post
that sucks..oh well..Should of kept my iphone..

thanks for the info, was going crazy trying to figure this out...
BMW actually announced last year, in a press release, that they are planning to get Pandora and the other apps working this July.

http://www.bmwusanews.com/newsreleas...d=1224&mid=203

"From July 2013, smartphones powered by Android platform will also be able to benefit from application-based integration. With a market share of more than 50 per cent, Android has become the most prevalent smartphone operating system. The BMW Group is therefore vigorously driving forward development in this area. By extending application-based smartphone integration to Android users as well, BMW now covers the bulk of the smartphone market and is opening up BMW apps to an even wider community.

The first concrete results are currently taking shape. The BMW Group specifically chose Samsung as its pilot partner for Android integration. The company is the world market leader across all mobile phone segments, including Android powered smartphones, making it an obvious choice for the BMW Group to join forces with Samsung for the launch of the app-based integration of Android. Android integration will be gradually rolled out to include further manufacturers. The BMW Group is once more highlighting its leadership claim for in-car smartphone integration."
Appreciate 0