F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > BMW "buying" my car back . . . EBII w/ Black or AW w/ Coral Red?
Extreme Powerhouse
View Poll Results: EBII w/ Black or AW w/ Coral Red?
EBII w/ Black (Again) 31 31.00%
AW w/ Coral Red 69 69.00%
Voters: 100. You may not vote on this poll

02-06-2013, 10:16 PM   #23
justinnum1
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2018 330i Msport 6mt

Get AW, it will feel like a new car
      02-07-2013, 07:57 AM   #24
JUSKIDN
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 EBII 328i M Sport

thats awesome customer service
      02-07-2013, 06:12 PM   #25
ybbiz34
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2023 330i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinnum1 View Post
I just wish I could see the AW/Red combo in person. No such combination locally available to view.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUSKIDN View Post
It really is. It's service like this that will make me loyal to a particular brand.
Gone: '18 W205 C43 Sedan
Gone: '13 W204 C63 Sedan
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2013, 06:59 PM   #26
shivaswrath
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ybbiz34
Quote:
I just wish I could see the AW/Red combo in person. No such combination locally available to view.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUSKIDN View Post
It really is. It's service like this that will make me loyal to a particular brand.
So did you place the order yet??

I'm living vicariously now..:-)

M Performance Exhaust/Brakes/Suspension/LSD|Bav Stage 1/AMP||ER CP/IC/DP/OC | Dinan CAI/N55 PWG BIG TURBO|BMWF30.com
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2013, 11:09 PM   #27
steveL77
Private
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i M-Sport

I'd go with the AW and coral red...I have the same combo in the msport and it is absolutely stunning. The coral red is such a great contrast. You will not be disappointed...If you were in the New York area id be happy to show you the car.
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2013, 11:49 PM   #28
DrivenByE30
Brigadier General
France
Rep
Drives: '12 F30 Lux 335i 6MT

AW + coral red

Great service by BMW team/dealer
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2013, 09:08 AM   #29
1.fresh.f30.335
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 535xdrive M-Sport

EBII is nice but everyone has it... To steal a line from a song 'and having the same as six other people in this club is a hella don't'... Sorry to those who have it, to each their own but white with red would look more unique IMO.

'14 535i xdrive M-Sport Carbon Black w/Mocha Nappa
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2013, 09:21 AM   #30
justinnum1
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ybbiz34 View Post

my dealer had one as a loaner, it's nice. Not as much panache as eb2, more classy and elegant, but blacked out trim like grills, and maybe a black roof wrap and thats hot.
      02-08-2013, 09:28 AM   #31
SamS
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: Tesla M3 Perf + '18 X3 M40i

Today walking into work I saw one of those Airport Shuttle Vans that was painted Estoril Blue I swear.

EBII just looks like a toy/plastic colored car to me. I really wish I could like the color, as it's fun to have exclusive paint.

As soon as BMW offers something similar to Tanzanite on an M-sport in the US, it's gonna make me rush to trade in my current car :-)
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2013, 09:49 AM   #32
AWF30MSPORT
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 Porsche 981 Cayman GTS

Quote:
So BMW is buying back my 2013 F30 335i M-Sport. My electric cooling fan has failed twice. My brakes are squealing worse than ever (after already having been replaced twice). I can't sync my iPhone contacts list. My comfort access is faulty (can't unlock or lock car with the driver's side door handle). One of my tail lights was replaced early on because the housing was defective (the tail light was literally hanging off the truck lid). I have rust on my seat frames. The list goes on.

Both my dealer and BMW have handled the situation brilliantly. I'm very, very satisfied with the service I've received. Both my local dealer and BMW, unbeknownst to me, worked together to order me a brand new car (optioned identically) within a week of my asking them to explore the buyback option. It will be delivered in March.

As much as I enjoyed my EBII w/ Black leather interior combination, I'm thinking of changing it up. I know that I am the one that has to make the ultimate determination regarding the exterior/interior color scheme, but I wanted to post a poll in order to get some feedback that will aid me in my decision regarding what I want the replacement to look like.

I'm obviously very familiar with what the EBII w/ Black leather interior combination looks like. However, I'm interested in hearing the thoughts of those who have an AW M-Sport with Coral Red interior. Pictures would be great as well.

In sum, should I get another EBII w/ Black leather interior or change it up and opt for an AW w/ Coral Red interior?

Thanks in advance.
Man, I'm sorry to hear about the troubles, but glad to hear that it's being resolved without too much headache. My wife/ex-wife (separated..never know how to refer to her??) had an ongoing issue with her first 1 series and I was SUPER impressed with the way the dealership and BMW NA handled the process of getting her a replacement car...they even replaced her aftermarket tint for free before delivery, from the same original tint shop.

Anyway, I LOVE my AW and coral red combo...I regularly get compliments on the red interior. I wear jeans every day, so the driver's seat picks up some of the dye from the denim and requires cleaning more frequently than black leather, but I don't mind at all. The red is bold, but certainly not overpowering or obnoxious. Here a few pics for you from my ED trip, and outside my office...not the best pics, but the more pics you see, the better you can judge if you can't see it in person.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-08-2013, 10:21 AM   #33
aceking4u
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Audi & BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamS View Post
Today walking into work I saw one of those Airport Shuttle Vans that was painted Estoril Blue I swear.

EBII just looks like a toy/plastic colored car to me. I really wish I could like the color, as it's fun to have exclusive paint.

As soon as BMW offers something similar to Tanzanite on an M-sport in the US, it's gonna make me rush to trade in my current car :-)
+1

Damn I find myself agreeing with every post with SamS.

I honestly think BMW best color is Alpine White. I have never owned a White car and would probably only do so with luxury Coupe.
I think Black is very played out now unless you do it right with sweet wheels (HRE P40 or LMs).

I'm a big fan of BMW's Sparkling Graphite. Although it has some purple hue in it, its the best looking Gray most of the time.

I know this is not available without extra $$$. I would settle for Mineral Gray.

Good luck.

02-08-2013, 03:30 PM   #34
dmontic71
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2012 F30

Garage List
Change it up! I had the experience of buying a brand new car once, and totalling two weeks later. Went out and bought the same exact car/same color. Afterwards, I felt like I missed an opportunity to revisit my options...
      02-08-2013, 03:53 PM   #35
tony20009
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i - Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by aceking4u View Post
+1

I'm a big fan of BMW's Sparkling Graphite. Although it has some purple hue in it, its the best looking Gray most of the time.

I know this is not available without extra $$$. I would settle for Mineral Gray.

Good luck.
I rue the day BMW took SGM off the regular, exterior color offerings list.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'07, e92 335i, Sparkling Graphite, Coral Leather, Aluminum, 6-speed
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2013, 10:38 PM   #36
ybbiz34
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivaswrath View Post
So did you place the order yet??

I'm living vicariously now..:-)
Haha!

Order has been placed but it is till processing. Haven't decided on a color scheme yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveL77 View Post
I'd go with the AW and coral red...I have the same combo in the msport and it is absolutely stunning. The coral red is such a great contrast. You will not be disappointed...If you were in the New York area id be happy to show you the car.
Thanks for the input my friend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrivenByE30 View Post
AW + coral red

Great service by BMW team/dealer
Thank you. And yes, I agree!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1.fresh.f30.335 View Post
EBII is nice but everyone has it... To steal a line from a song 'and having the same as six other people in this club is a hella don't'... Sorry to those who have it, to each their own but white with red would look more unique IMO.
Haha thank you for the perspective. The only other F30 M-Sport I've seen in my area was . . . an EBII.

Quote:
my dealer had one as a loaner, it's nice. Not as much panache as eb2, more classy and elegant, but blacked out trim like grills, and maybe a black roof wrap and thats hot.
I sincerely appreciate all of your input.

I am also seriously thinking about Glacier Silver with Coral Red now. I really like the look of the silver on the F30 328i loaner I have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamS View Post

at the shuttle van comment. My buddy said the exact same thing about EBII looking like a toy car color. I see where you guys are coming from but it's nice to have something unique when 99.9 percent of the cars you see on the road are white/black/silver.

I won't be switching from EBII (if I do) because I don't like the color. I think it's gorgeous on the M-Sport. I will only switch if I really feel as if another combination looks better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukeb817 View Post
Man, I'm sorry to hear about the troubles, but glad to hear that it's being resolved without too much headache. My wife/ex-wife (separated..never know how to refer to her??) had an ongoing issue with her first 1 series and I was SUPER impressed with the way the dealership and BMW NA handled the process of getting her a replacement car...they even replaced her aftermarket tint for free before delivery, from the same original tint shop.

Anyway, I LOVE my AW and coral red combo...I regularly get compliments on the red interior. I wear jeans every day, so the driver's seat picks up some of the dye from the denim and requires cleaning more frequently than black leather, but I don't mind at all. The red is bold, but certainly not overpowering or obnoxious. Here a few pics for you from my ED trip, and outside my office...not the best pics, but the more pics you see, the better you can judge if you can't see it in person.
Thanks for the kind words. Sorry to hear about your girl troubles man.

And thank you very much for the pics! Absolutely beautiful M-Sport you have there. I would love to do the European Delivery experience some day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aceking4u View Post
+1

Damn I find myself agreeing with every post with SamS.

I honestly think BMW best color is Alpine White. I have never owned a White car and would probably only do so with luxury Coupe.
I think Black is very played out now unless you do it right with sweet wheels (HRE P40 or LMs).

Good luck.
Thanks for the thoughts bud.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmontic71 View Post
Change it up! I had the experience of buying a brand new car once, and totalling two weeks later. Went out and bought the same exact car/same color. Afterwards, I felt like I missed an opportunity to revisit my options...
I'm starting to lean toward changing it up. As I stated previously, I'm also considering Glacier Silver w/ Coral Red.
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2013, 07:56 PM   #37
ybbiz34
Brigadier General
Rep

As an update, I decided to go with Glacier Silver and Coral Red with Aluminum Hexagon Trim/Black gloss highlight finishers.

Thanks to everyone who took the time to share thoughts, photos, etc.
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2013, 08:06 PM   #38
shivaswrath
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ybbiz34
As an update, I decided to go with Glacier Silver and Coral Red with Aluminum Hexagon Trim/Black gloss highlight finishers.

So funny, was just talking to my wife about AW/CR and she was like "that's kind of girley"....GS/CR should be hot man!

M Performance Exhaust/Brakes/Suspension/LSD|Bav Stage 1/AMP||ER CP/IC/DP/OC | Dinan CAI/N55 PWG BIG TURBO|BMWF30.com
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2013, 08:44 PM   #39
dmontic71
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2012 F30

Garage List
It will look great!
      02-09-2013, 09:01 PM   #40
justinnum1
Major General
Rep

Quote:

what made you choose that? on the lot or en route?
      02-09-2013, 10:08 PM   #41
ybbiz34
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivaswrath View Post
So funny, was just talking to my wife about AW/CR and she was like "that's kind of girley"....GS/CR should be hot man!
Haha that is pretty funny. As much as I love white and thinks it looks great, I just need a little hint of color. And thanks I'm looking forward to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmontic71 View Post
It will look great!
Thanks! I'm hoping so.

Quote:
what made you choose that? on the lot or en route?
I saw a couple of pics on here of the Glacier Silver/Coral Red Combo and it just clicked for me. I really did like the EBII and I'm glad I got to experience it for a while but I really needed a change. Got the color change in just under the wire. I'll still get to rock the EBII until March (if my water pump and relay ever arrive from Germany).
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2013, 01:03 AM   #42
J1n
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: R8 V8 '14

Quote:

Dam that's an awesome combo too
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2013, 05:45 PM   #43
BimmerBrova
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 M Sport

Quote:
So BMW is buying back my 2013 F30 335i M-Sport. My electric cooling fan has failed twice. My brakes are squealing worse than ever (after already having been replaced twice). I can't sync my iPhone contacts list. My comfort access is faulty (can't unlock or lock car with the driver's side door handle). One of my tail lights was replaced early on because the housing was defective (the tail light was literally hanging off the truck lid). I have rust on my seat frames. The list goes on.

Both my dealer and BMW have handled the situation brilliantly. I'm very, very satisfied with the service I've received. Both my local dealer and BMW, unbeknownst to me, worked together to order me a brand new car (optioned identically) within a week of my asking them to explore the buyback option. It will be delivered in March.

As much as I enjoyed my EBII w/ Black leather interior combination, I'm thinking of changing it up. I know that I am the one that has to make the ultimate determination regarding the exterior/interior color scheme, but I wanted to post a poll in order to get some feedback that will aid me in my decision regarding what I want the replacement to look like.

I'm obviously very familiar with what the EBII w/ Black leather interior combination looks like. However, I'm interested in hearing the thoughts of those who have an AW M-Sport with Coral Red interior. Pictures would be great as well.

In sum, should I get another EBII w/ Black leather interior or change it up and opt for an AW w/ Coral Red interior?

Thanks in advance.
Ive appreciated your posts on whats been happening with your car. It does suck that this is the end result (in regards to having to lemon it), but it is good to hear that they did do the right thing and are keeping you happy, and potentially giving you more than the original!

I feel like I might be on the same road unfortunately. What are they doing for you in the meantime (waiting for this new car while being stuck with a broken one)? Do you have any advice on how to initiate and execute what you did without having to do backflips through legalese?
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2013, 05:53 PM   #44
ybbiz34
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerBrova View Post
Ive appreciated your posts on whats been happening with your car. It does suck that this is the end result (in regards to having to lemon it), but it is good to hear that they did do the right thing and are keeping you happy, and potentially giving you more than the original!

I feel like I might be on the same road unfortunately. What are they doing for you in the meantime (waiting for this new car while being stuck with a broken one)? Do you have any advice on how to initiate and execute what you did without having to do backflips through legalese?
Sure I'll send you a PM here sometime tonight.
Appreciate 0