F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > 2012/13 Sat Nav problems
Studio RSR

11-27-2012, 03:34 AM   #23
MaestroAl
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 335xD

That's good to know. I wonder if it diverted all the pricks who come through my village when the M1 is closed? It's no quicker for them and it meant my 10 minutes school run took an hour and ten minutes this morning Good job I don't have any meetings booked this morning.

I only wanted to get from Castle Donington to Diseworth

Last edited by MaestroAl; 11-27-2012 at 03:39 AM..
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2012, 03:43 AM   #24
JOHNBMWM5
Live for today tomorrow never comes
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2022 LCI Marina Bay Blue/ Smok

[QUOTE=Last night on my way along the M27 the nav showed sections of the motorway in red and announced it was diverting me (took me round the outskirts of Portsmouth). No idea if it was right, but when I saw various emergency vehicles heading in the direction of the M27, I had to assume it knew something.[QUOTE]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estoril1984 View Post
On a plus my Nav managed to get me to Hyde Park from St Neots in just over an hour yesterday morning using the RTTI setting. It updated three times due to traffic and we sailed straight in. Very impressive. On another not so good journey it sent me right into town (huntingdon) at rush hour when I normally bypass and the journey took an extra 20mins. I thought it may know something that I didn't, how wrong I was.
Did you have "Dynamic setting Ticked"/, I ask as BMW UK rang last night and advised I "Un-Tick it" as this shows options for diversions and does not just make them without letting you know your on one!!.
I have RTTI "on" all the time.
      08-02-2013, 11:54 AM   #25
BimmerSanDiego
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2012 328i Sedan

I have an odd problem with my Nav... When you enter an address for a Street that is long and goes through several neighborhoods, it requires you to find the specific neighborhood before it will recognize the address. It's very frustrating that is will not just accept the House Number and Street. You need to sort through sometimes over 10 neighborhoods to get it to take the address. Anyone have this issue? Any way to fix it? I checked the settings at my BMW dealership with the Service Director and even they were stumped.
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2013, 12:20 PM   #26
ukbeemerboy
Beemer Heaven
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 Competition

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerSanDiego View Post
I have an odd problem with my Nav... When you enter an address for a Street that is long and goes through several neighborhoods, it requires you to find the specific neighborhood before it will recognize the address. It's very frustrating that is will not just accept the House Number and Street. You need to sort through sometimes over 10 neighborhoods to get it to take the address. Anyone have this issue? Any way to fix it? I checked the settings at my BMW dealership with the Service Director and even they were stumped.
Probably because the neighbourhoods you have to go through have the same named streets?

Your always best to use a Zip code or Post Code if in the UK...

2018 BMW M4 Competition
2019 Mini Countryman Cooper S : 2008 Mini Cooper
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2013, 01:27 PM   #27
NISFAN
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

Found an annoying fault with my nav, was going to a postcode LE9 9__

Put LE9 in then it only had 5 as the other option (even though LE9 has codes from 1 to 9 and beyond). This meant I had to accept 5 and spend minutes scrolling through 5, 6, 7 etc. How annoying, weird thing is it is in there, so why only 5 as a choice?
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2013, 03:34 PM   #28
Steve_M_Sport
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: U06 230e Active Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NISFAN View Post
Found an annoying fault with my nav, was going to a postcode LE9 9__

Put LE9 in then it only had 5 as the other option (even though LE9 has codes from 1 to 9 and beyond). This meant I had to accept 5 and spend minutes scrolling through 5, 6, 7 etc. How annoying, weird thing is it is in there, so why only 5 as a choice?
You need to put a "space" after the LE9 which will allow you then to choose 1-9

Previous : 2019 F31 340i : 2017 F31 335D M-Sport
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2013, 04:02 PM   #29
NISFAN
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_M_Sport View Post
You need to put a "space" after the LE9 which will allow you then to choose 1-9
Yep space added, still lists 5 as only option. Try it yourself and report back, cheers
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2013, 10:43 AM   #30
f1swk
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: f31 330d

i have yet to find a full postcode of a destination that im going too, that it will accept,utter rubbish for a 2k option,lets hope the update solves this and it had better be under warranty or they can give the 2k back
ive been using the online way to upload destinations which works
https://www.bmw-routes.com/uk/en/plan-routes/index.jsp
      08-03-2013, 12:49 PM   #31
crazybones
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 718S Boxster, Tesla Model Y

Quote:
Yep space added, still lists 5 as only option. Try it yourself and report back, cheers
Nisfan, I guess that it depends on the nav/software version. I can access those postcodes on my NBT system.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-03-2013, 03:56 PM   #32
NISFAN
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazybones View Post
Nisfan, I guess that it depends on the nav/software version. I can access those postcodes on my NBT system.
Right I had another play and realised that there is a broken link in the LE9 selection on mine. I found out there is an LE95 witohut there being an LE91, 92, 93, 94, 96, etc. However mine still doesn't give you the option to place a space to break away from the first part of the postcode. If I select back after selecting LE9, and then get the option to enter more digits (i.e.LE95) or add a space to enter the second part. So it does work in a illogical fashion.

This is what I get after entering LE9 straight up.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-04-2013, 04:30 AM   #33
crazybones
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Right I had another play and realised that there is a broken link in the LE9 selection on mine. I found out there is an LE95 witohut there being an LE91, 92, 93, 94, 96, etc. However mine still doesn't give you the option to place a space to break away from the first part of the postcode. If I select back after selecting LE9, and then get the option to enter more digits (i.e.LE95) or add a space to enter the second part. So it does work in a illogical fashion.

This is what I get after entering LE9 straight up.
I use the postcode input on a regular basis and I believe there is a sort of logic - it's just not very user friendly. If the postcode could only have 3 digits in the first segment e.g. if LE95 did not exist in this instance, it automatically inserts the space and expects the next digit to be the first character (a number) of the second segment.
Where, the postcode could have 3 or 4 digits in the first segment i.e. LE9 or LE95, you have to select back and insert the space before selecting another number.

The simple solution would of course have been for a space character to be included in the number screen, but that will probably be saved for LCI
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2013, 06:32 AM   #34
NISFAN
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazybones View Post
I use the postcode input on a regular basis and I believe there is a sort of logic - it's just not very user friendly. If the postcode could only have 3 digits in the first segment e.g. if LE95 did not exist in this instance, it automatically inserts the space and expects the next digit to be the first character (a number) of the second segment.
Where, the postcode could have 3 or 4 digits in the first segment i.e. LE9 or LE95, you have to select back and insert the space before selecting another number.

The simple solution would of course have been for a space character to be included in the number screen, but that will probably be saved for LCI
Not user friendly at all. And as UK is a strong market of BMW's, I think it is shocking they haven't spent more time adapting the nav to the UK.
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2013, 07:05 AM   #35
crazybones
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Not user friendly at all. And as UK is a strong market of BMW's, I think it is shocking they haven't spent more time adapting the nav to the UK.
Agreed, although I find it more annoying that the cars are sold with maps that are so out of date. The Hindhead Tunnel has only just been shown in the latest map release despite being open for 2 years and under construction for 3 years!
As I use that route daily, I now need to pay for a map update. Although my previous Mercedes was poor compared to the F30, the free annual map updates were a blessing.
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2013, 09:46 AM   #36
JOHNBMWM5
Live for today tomorrow never comes
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2022 LCI Marina Bay Blue/ Smok

Quote:
Hi Gordon, I have hammered them over this in the end got a refund for the Naff Nav system.
It really is poor in some places useless.