F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > 3 and 4 Series Ordering / Pricing / Order Tracking Forum (and European Delivery) > For those re-ordering F30 how has your must have option list change?
Extreme Powerhouse

08-24-2015, 12:53 PM   #1
nicknaz
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: C6Z

For those re-ordering F30 how has your must have option list change?

Hey guys,

The more time I spend with our 2013 F30 (2 yrs now) and all of the various 2014 and 2015 F3X loaner cars from all the time my Z4 got serviced I'm finding my "must have" options list has changed a bit. Bold items changed from the time I started F30 ownership, and I expect our next car (whether LCI F30, new F48 or something else) will be optioned quite a bit differently than our current car
  • HK stereo
  • sport 8AT
  • adaptive suspension (comfort mode is great)
  • two tone leather (i.e. oyster..black vinyl with red stitching seems too dark now)
  • driver assist package (really does make reversing into tight spots so much easier and stress free)
  • 28i or 28d engine (never thought I would WANT to step back in power... but now with the F80 when I drive the 335 it seems pointless and I'd rather take the cost savings)
  • HUD (wow, I have REALLY gotten used to having the speed on the windshield!)
  • 18s with staggered tires (19s on 335 seem to "crash" a bit more on potholes than 18s on a loaner 328 m sport)

How about you guys?
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2015, 11:54 AM   #2
DFW_M
Major General
Rep
Drives: G80 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicknaz View Post
Hey guys,

The more time I spend with our 2013 F30 (2 yrs now) and all of the various 2014 and 2015 F3X loaner cars from all the time my Z4 got serviced I'm finding my "must have" options list has changed a bit. Bold items changed from the time I started F30 ownership, and I expect our next car (whether LCI F30, new F48 or something else) will be optioned quite a bit differently than our current car
  • HK stereo
  • sport 8AT
  • two tone leather (i.e. oyster..black vinyl with red stitching seems too dark now)
  • driver assist package (really does make reversing into tight spots so much easier and stress free)
  • 28i or 28d engine (never thought I would WANT to step back in power... but now with the F80 when I drive the 335 it seems pointless and I'd rather take the cost savings)
  • 18s with staggered tires (19s on 335 seem to "crash" a bit more on potholes than 18s on a loaner 328 m sport)

How about you guys?
From your list -

- since I am only listening to the Sat Radio or local radio, the HK would be waste, and generally, it is not that great.
- HUD, unless you get all options on the car, is worthless INO - showing just the speed most of the time and arrows and street names when using Nav is not worth extra $$$
- would never get the AT on any car...
- After having the blind spot alert on my Mazda, I definitely miss it on my 335. definitely a helpful little alert.
- after having CR interior (and absolutely loving it), I don't think I would ever go back to black, especially since my favorite external colors are black, white and silver (with CR) and dark blue/EB with Saddle.
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2015, 02:42 PM   #3
nicknaz
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr335is View Post
since I am only listening to the Sat Radio or local radio, the HK would be waste, and generally, it is not that great.
I'm in a loaner car right now with the base 2015 stereo, and I miss the HK stereo in my car. Do you have an aftermarket setup in your car?

Oh, the other 2 options I am really liking now are enhanced bluetooth (Better audio quality while on the phone) and the rear sunshades.
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2015, 06:52 PM   #4
RPM90
Major General
Rep
Drives: 340i M-sport AT

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicknaz View Post
Hey guys,

• HK stereo
  • sport 8AT

How about you guys?
For me I realized that things I don't need and don't really like.
The VSS is ok, but I actually prefer the non VSS in the F30's I've driven.
Adaptive M suspension. I was seriously considering not getting this again.
But I went ahead and ordered it. However, I actually hate it in my current 335i Msport and am really worried that it will suck as badly in the new 340i I ordered.
I decided to get the option again because of the 340i reviews that were quite positive on the newly tuned adaptive sport suspension.
However, I've come to the conclusion that the adaptive dampers are more to appeal to the driver who wants a softer sport sedan and not so much to enhance the driver who wants an actual sport sedan.
I want an actual SPORT suspension and I don't mind at all if the ride is a bit harder or rough pavement.

I'm so disgusted with my current adaptive suspension that I'm considering not getting the 340i until I get a chance to test drive it first even though I've already ordered.
IOW, I'm ready to walk away from my order if that suspension is not a good deal better than my current 335i.

I didn't get the full on LED headlights as I don't care if my headlights swivel or not.
Basically my 340i is optioned VERY lightly.
Msport
Adaptive M suspension
Silver w/red leather
Done.

It's as close as I can get to a simplified BMW 3 series other than to not get the adaptive and AT.
And believe I heavily considered going with MT and the passive Msport suspension.
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2015, 07:43 PM   #5
nicknaz
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPM90 View Post
I didn't get the full on LED headlights as I don't care if my headlights swivel or not.
Basically my 340i is optioned VERY lightly.
Msport
Adaptive M suspension
Silver w/red leather
Done.

It's as close as I can get to a simplified BMW 3 series other than to not get the adaptive and AT.
And believe I heavily considered going with MT and the passive Msport suspension.
passive suspension and MT sounds nice. How about getting it with track pack to get the non RFT 18s and m sport brakes too

I think these days if you really want a stiff riding F30, you're going to need to go aftermarket. Maybe go with passive so you don't have to pay for the adaptive dampers, then pay more to deactive them ?
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2015, 11:21 PM   #6
goj
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 EBII 340i 6-MT

My 340i build is: EBII M sport, adaptive suspension, black leather, ash grain wood trim, driver assistance package, tech package, heated front seats. 19 403M wheels 6MT

I stayed away from the VSS so I could not get the 442m wheels and the M brakes

But since I won't be tracking my car I will be fine.

I got the adaptive suspension because sometimes in traffic and on longer trips the comfort mode is welcome. When I am having fun myself sport mode will be fun. (Based on 335 test drive)

I did not order Driver assistance plus package nor the adaptive lighting package. With standard LEDs the adaptive stuff doesn't appeal to me. And the driver assistance plus is just extra stuff that isn't important to me.

Here is my order print out (adaptive M suspension was left off by accident in the print out but I made sure they got it changed. My production date late September)
Attached Images

BMW CCA Member #516012
2016 340i, Estoril Blue, Manual Transmission, MPE, MPBBK, HRE FF04
Instagram: @brandons340i
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2015, 07:45 AM   #7
DFW_M
Major General
Rep
Drives: G80 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by goj View Post
My 340i build is: EBII M sport, adaptive suspension, black leather, ash grain wood trim, driver assistance package, tech package, heated front seats. 19 403M wheels 6MT

I got the adaptive suspension because sometimes in traffic and on longer trips the comfort mode is welcome. When I am having fun myself sport mode will be fun. (Based on 335 test drive)

I did not order Driver assistance plus package nor the adaptive lighting package. With standard LEDs the adaptive stuff doesn't appeal to me. And the driver assistance plus is just extra stuff that isn't important to me.

Here is my order print out (adaptive M suspension was left off by accident in the print out but I made sure they got it changed. My production date late September)
Fog lights on MSport? Is this new??
Or, is it because you have no M-brakes?

I have 2015 MSport with MBrakes and 19" and no fog lights
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2015, 12:22 PM   #8
goj
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 EBII 340i 6-MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr335is
Quote:
Originally Posted by goj View Post

No m brakes so That is the reason for the fog lights. I prefer the look without them but I suppose the extra light is never bad. At least they're LEDs!
BMW CCA Member #516012
2016 340i, Estoril Blue, Manual Transmission, MPE, MPBBK, HRE FF04
Instagram: @brandons340i
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2015, 10:37 PM   #9
nicknaz
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr335is View Post

From the other thread in main forums, looks like ZTR (Track package..which comes with the m sport brakes) is what gets the fog light delete (and additional cooling) for the 340
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2015, 09:24 AM   #10
fusion0389
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 328i xDrive M Sport

Personally M Sport, Track Pack W\Adaptive M Suspension is an absolute requirement. I got those features on my 2015 328 and LOVE it! IMO leather is a waste of money, i got the sensatec and seriously cannot tell the difference between mine and the wife's nevada leather in her 2016 x3. Lastly, the driver assistance package with backup cam, park distance sensors, etc is a waste. I'd prefer having a nice clean unmolested bumper free of those hideous parking sensors. Just my opinion though!
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2015, 03:29 PM   #11
SamS
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: Tesla M3 Perf + '18 X3 M40i

For my 2013 AH3, I included every option that was available that model year, except Park Assistance for $500. I loved all the options, except I didn't use Lane Departure Warning very often. But you can't pull that single feature out, anyways.

For my 2016, I'm getting each of those options again. Love 'em all! Once you get used to things like HUD, Speed Limit Info, it's hard to go without. I also spec'd out Full Leather, which they should really let you get on the F30... such a different experience than the plastic party that is the upper dash area.
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2015, 03:03 AM   #12
newoldbeemer
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 E92 328i

Next time I get an F30 (which I know I will), it must have these options:

- 35i / 40i engine
- msport
- exterior estoril blue or mineral gray
- red dakota leather
- anthracite or ash interior
- Harmon kardon
- tech package - need it for nav, nice screen, hud
- premium package - for comfort access
- driver assistance package - want reverse assist
- 18 inch wheels. I didn't like the 403m 19s once I got them. I almost went back to 17s. Preferably square setup.
- non run flats, probably Bridgestone pole positions. I have them on my other car they're great.

The above are must-haves. If I can't get a car with these I would rather not buy.

Some nice to have but not mandatory (port installed):

- MPPK
- M Performance suspension - had this on my last f30, it was great but not sure I'll get it on the next one. Msport is not bad at all.

I don't care for adaptive suspension or variable steering.

Now that would be a kick ass f30!
      09-18-2015, 03:23 AM   #13
cortex
Rep
Drives: BMW 435d xDrive M-sport

Hi!

The ZF-gear box. Diesel high torque/good economy N57 swansong awsome engine!
Xdrive is cheap in Sweden, but it runs like a SUV on original springs.

1. M-package (chairs, steering wheel), springs are somewhat shit though,
change em for sport och sport + from H & R
2. M performance exhaust system
3. Adaptive suspension - awsome feature with H & R springs sport/sport+
4. LED - you will not be satisfied with xenon anymore, at all.
5. M sport breaks
6. 19" M sport wheels, but get the RFT off the rims as soon as you can!
7. HUD
8. Navigation (big screen, gives the HUD a whole new functionality)
9. Stereo package
10. Bluetooth/iPhone integration (pumping out music from spotify etc, handsfree call)
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2015, 03:25 AM   #14
cortex
Rep
Drives: BMW 435d xDrive M-sport

435d xDrive M-sport H&R sport springs

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater

Appreciate 0