F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > AUSTRALIA > successfully converted 2014 F31 japan import to NZ version
ARMA SPEED

01-18-2022, 03:01 AM   #1
bigbimmerfannz
New Zealand
Rep
Drives: F31

successfully converted 2014 F31 japan import to NZ version

Recently bought a Japanese imported 2014 F31, the car has NBT system, but everything else are in Japanese.

First I thought to get it converted to NZ is too hard, if I could get radio changed to NZ frequency, that would be good enough, then I bought

1. Bimmercode app, about $60 NZD,
2. Vgate icar pro from trademe about $45.

Followed some post to change the code, only need to do one code change

RADIO_COUNTRY = ece

After this change the radio will pick up nz stations. very cool. then I did some other cool code change to make it suits my driving style.
At this point I m pumped up, I felt I could do more, maybe convert the navigation too, even I don't really use it, use the phone most of the time. But I felt I should give it a go. Then I did bit of searching, people were saying you will need FSC code, and download software esys, have 32 bit virtual machine etc and there is one post that the navigation was not working after the update, and had to switch back to japan version, that really put me off. But I have prepared, if I completely screwed up, I will just get the android auto add on to the unit.

So I decided to give it a go.

First I found the map in this forum, I downloaded the "AUSTRALIA / NEW ZEALAND Next 2022", I figured that NBT head unit uses the Next version map, about 5GB, then I figured I need a fsc code, my car has never done a fsc code before, and I don't have the OBD to ethernet cable, so I chose the easy way, Asked shawnsheridan, huge shout out to Shawn. I gave him my map version and vin, he replied with a fsc code in a few hours! Legend!

Then I converted my usb drive to FAT32 format, and unzip the files to the root directory of the usb, plugged in to my centre armrest usb port, and changed to map update, it then asked me for the FSC code, I used the one I was given by Shawn, and boom!!! 30 20mins later I got the nz map on my navigation, played a round then found the GPS position is showing on the map, but nav is not working can't find any address, or set a destination.

Then did a bit change found I can use bimmercode to update below parameter.
NAVI_VARIANTE = ece

After this everything is working, I have even went to bmw website download lated software update for my car went to below url and downloaded a bin file.

https://www.bmw.com/en/footer/software-updates.html

It was another successful update, everything now is in NZ, apart from the nav voice accent, but that is ok.

Hope this will give some one encouragement to diy.

Last edited by bigbimmerfannz; 01-18-2022 at 11:49 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2022, 03:05 AM   #2
LaNcE01
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: LR2,328i,GLC220d,LibertyGT

I am interested to find out what the difference mainly on the Jap spec ones vs the local / AUS delivered ones.
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2022, 11:56 PM   #3
claderknz
Registered
New Zealand
Rep
Drives: BMW 320i M Station wagon

This is just what I am after!! love it.. where are you based bigbimmerfannz?
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2022, 07:34 PM   #4
bigbimmerfannz
New Zealand
Rep

Hey Derek, I m in Auckland, i would say the the most difficult part is to get the code, you could ask shawnsheridan in the forum, given your vin and exact map version, i guess you will download the same map as I have.

Then the bluetooth adaptor, which you can get from trademe, and I used the USB port in the centre armrest console, other than that it's really straight forward, and a lot of fun.

Bing
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2022, 06:59 AM   #5
ChcLeo
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 420i

thanks for sharing, just ordered the adaptor on trademe, hopefully I can have my radio and navi done next week
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2022, 02:32 AM   #6
Charlesfeedomgundam
Enlisted Member
New Zealand
Rep
Drives: Bmw f30 330d

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbimmerfannz View Post
Hey Derek, I m in Auckland, i would say the the most difficult part is to get the code, you could ask shawnsheridan in the forum, given your vin and exact map version, i guess you will download the same map as I have.

Then the bluetooth adaptor, which you can get from trademe, and I used the USB port in the centre armrest console, other than that it's really straight forward, and a lot of fun.

Bing
Do u know if u go to taobao for fsc code only cost 7 nz dollar. Shawn is pricy
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2022, 10:50 AM   #7
stjackBMW
Rep
Drives: BMW 320d 2013

Quote:
Recently bought a Japanese imported 2014 F31, the car has NBT system, but everything else are in Japanese.

First I thought to get it converted to NZ is too hard, if I could get radio changed to NZ frequency, that would be good enough, then I bought

1. Bimmercode app, about $60 NZD,
2. Vgate icar pro from trademe about $45.

Followed some post to change the code, only need to do one code change

RADIO_COUNTRY = ece

After this change the radio will pick up nz stations. very cool. then I did some other cool code change to make it suits my driving style.
At this point I m pumped up, I felt I could do more, maybe convert the navigation too, even I don't really use it, use the phone most of the time. But I felt I should give it a go. Then I did bit of searching, people were saying you will need FSC code, and download software esys, have 32 bit virtual machine etc and there is one post that the navigation was not working after the update, and had to switch back to japan version, that really put me off. But I have prepared, if I completely screwed up, I will just get the android auto add on to the unit.

So I decided to give it a go.

First I found the map in this forum, I downloaded the "AUSTRALIA / NEW ZEALAND Next 2022", I figured that NBT head unit uses the Next version map, about 5GB, then I figured I need a fsc code, my car has never done a fsc code before, and I don't have the OBD to ethernet cable, so I chose the easy way, Asked shawnsheridan, huge shout out to Shawn. I gave him my map version and vin, he replied with a fsc code in a few hours! Legend!

Then I converted my usb drive to FAT32 format, and unzip the files to the root directory of the usb, plugged in to my centre armrest usb port, and changed to map update, it then asked me for the FSC code, I used the one I was given by Shawn, and boom!!! 30 20mins later I got the nz map on my navigation, played a round then found the GPS position is showing on the map, but nav is not working can't find any address, or set a destination.

Then did a bit change found I can use bimmercode to update below parameter.
NAVI_VARIANTE = ece

After this everything is working, I have even went to bmw website download lated software update for my car went to below url and downloaded a bin file.

https://www.bmw.com/en/footer/software-updates.html

It was another successful update, everything now is in NZ, apart from the nav voice accent, but that is ok.

Hope this will give some one encouragement to diy.

A huge thanks to you mate! Really helps me a lot.
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2023, 04:44 PM   #8
stjackBMW
Rep

Hi everyone,

I successfully converted my Japanese import F30 320d with the Aus/NZ next map 2022.

Then, my friend has a 220i Japanese import with NBT head unit, Next map, came to me and let me try on it. I thought should keep a detailed record about the whole job so that other people can learn and help the others.

I stuck at some point and has the Navigation system grey out, with 0xA0, FSC rejected.

I did the usual things, please check if I've done wrong.

1. Environment, Esys 3.30.1, PsdzData 63.3.003 with TokenMaster's Launcher Pro V2.8.1.155, Enet cable, Windows 10 64bit. NBT generator

2. Car to work on 2014 220i, vin: V262018. engine on, should need the power.

3. Connected car obd ii, via the Enet cable to the Win10 Laptop. open TokenMaster's Launcher to launch the Esys.

4. Connect F20 direct, with VIN

5. Expert mode, coding, Vehicle Order ->Read->Save->Edit->Salapa-Element->change 807 to 810, 852 to 853->Save->right click at FA->calculate FA->click the green back arrow to Coding->right click at FA select Activate FA

6. On the same Coding page, right hand side a Read VCM button, click it.-> scroll down left side window->HU_NBT->right click CAFD_00000DED_003_015_013 it has a green tick on left side->select Edit FDL->populated a window you can see folders like 3000 HMI,98->To the top there is a Search window, input NAVI_VARIANTE->click search->under the Navi_Variante folder, there is a Ausgelesen folder, open it, you see ece or Japan as the value, right click on it edit to "ece"->back to search window, enter Radio_Country, hit search->under Radio_Country->Ausgelesen->ece->on top of this page, there is a save button, click it and go back.

7. Now you are on the coding page again, make sure your FA is activated (green), CAFD_00000DED_003_015_013 is selected, on bottom right corner, there is a code FDL button-> click it.

8. Your car's head unit should reboot, and if your FM is on you should be able to listen to FM 90+Mhz.

9. on the same page, right click on HU_NBT, select code, head unit should reboot again.

10. go to FSC Extended (under expert mode)

11. Enter the following in the Diagnostic Address (hex) "0x63", click Identify, Application Number: "0xDE", Upgrade Index: "0x01".

12. same page, under action, hit the read button, then left window select storeFSC click the right arrow button-> start button and save a FSC file.

13. Open your NBT Generator, select the FSC file you saved, select the area, the map, click generate

14, insert your map usb to the arm rest usb port, system noticed there is an update, enter the FSC code you have from #13, installation started.

15. Finished all installation, found the Navigation option grey out, can't select it.

16. open Esys under confort mode, checked FSC status, under 0xA0, FSC status: rejected

Can anyone please help. I have asked Shawn, his probably busy, still hope someone can give me some hints.

Happy new year everyone.
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2023, 02:30 AM   #9
Kiwi328i
Rep
Drives: F31 328i Luxury Line

Hey guys...new to BMW ownership...loving it

I've just followed bigbimmerfannz instructions for radio conversion worked perfect .

I can't however get the USB port in the arm rest to recognize the MAP UPDATE. I even tried changing the NAVI_VARIANTE = ece from Japan

Any ideas....does it need a specific USB Stick?

Files are in the root of the folder, the "1" directory and the other 3 files.

Cheers in advance

Ray
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2023, 05:27 PM   #10
bigbimmerfannz
New Zealand
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwi328i View Post
Hey guys...new to BMW ownership...loving it

I've just followed bigbimmerfannz instructions for radio conversion worked perfect .

I can't however get the USB port in the arm rest to recognize the MAP UPDATE. I even tried changing the NAVI_VARIANTE = ece from Japan

Any ideas....does it need a specific USB Stick?

Files are in the root of the folder, the "1" directory and the other 3 files.

Cheers in advance

Ray

Check your disk format, i think it needs to be FAT32, and i used a 8Gb, it may not be able to read a bigger stick.
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2023, 05:24 PM   #11
Kiwi328i
Rep
Drives: F31 328i Luxury Line

Quote:
Check your disk format, i think it needs to be FAT32, and i used a 8Gb, it may not be able to read a bigger stick.
Hi mate

I ended up doing the MMI conversion...and getting Apple Carplay

However......I'm still keen to do the BMW Map update...but the VO needs updating also...and you can't code that with BimmerCode.....I'm surprised you didn't need it changed

Appreciate 0
      04-11-2023, 02:48 AM   #12
rakesh9692
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 328i 2013

Cool BMW 328i 2013 Japanese to NZ Radio and Map Update -Helpp

Hi Guys,

I am new to this group , i recently bought a BMW 328i (2013) Japanese Import. Can some one help me with step by step process to update map and radio from Japan to NZ location.Is it possible to do it by myself? Would be much helpful.

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2023, 06:54 AM   #13
stjackBMW
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh9692 View Post
Hi Guys,

I am new to this group , i recently bought a BMW 328i (2013) Japanese Import. Can some one help me with step by step process to update map and radio from Japan to NZ location.Is it possible to do it by myself? Would be much helpful.

Thanks
Hi mate, hope you still need the language and radio changed, I can help for free. I am in Auckland. But I am still working on the map thingy, my navigation menu disabled.
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2023, 10:05 PM   #14
fearltheunknown
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: AH3 F30. E90 325i

Garage List
2012 f30 AH3  [0.00]
How can i get the fcs code generated? I'm also in auckland
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2023, 03:22 PM   #15
swali
Registered
New Zealand
Rep
Drives: BMW 320i 2012

BMW map update 2015 f30 320i

Hi Team,

I am looking for latest maps for my bmw f30. Can someone please guide me through the process? Located in NZ , Wellington.

Help appreciated.

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2023, 04:08 PM   #16
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Alpina B6 650ix GC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by swali View Post
Hi Team,

I am looking for latest maps for my bmw f30. Can someone please guide me through the process? Located in NZ , Wellington.

Help appreciated.

Thanks
PM sent.

2018 F06 Alpina B6 650ix GC; Space Grey; Vermillion Red Nappa Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant
2017 F15 X5 xDrive50i MSport; Glacier Silver Metallic; Black Dakota Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant; RSE
Appreciate 0