F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior & interior) > Question About Tint
Studio RSR

06-26-2013, 03:38 PM   #1
Cup o' Joe
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: IS350 F Sport

Arrow Question About Tint

So, I want to get the windows tinted on my F30. Been doing a lot of research, and have narrowed it down to a Llumar or Formula One film. The Formula One Pinnacle (ceramic film), from what I've read, is the best film on the market (and it certainly is priced that way). I have not been able to find an installer who carries Llumar CTX.

However, not wanting to spend that much on a tint, I was looking at a metallic film, like the Llumar ATR. Installers have told me they have not had anyone complain about loosing cell reception or radio reception with a metallic film on a BMW. I wanted to get the forum's feedback.

Llumar ATC is my last (and least expensive choice). Its a dyed film with a lifetime warrantee (so no worries about fading), but it wont block out as much heat as a ceramic or metallic film.

Then there is the darkness. Does anyone have some pictures of 30 or 35% metallic or ceramic tint on a mineral grey F30?
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2013, 03:59 PM   #2
tony20009
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i - Coupe

If your main reason for tinting is functional, get the least expensive one that blocks the most radiation (IR, visible, UV, gamma rays, whatever...) and within your budget. If you are just after the cosmetic affect, go with the one that won't fade, but costs the least.

I don't know this to be a fact, but BMWs have that shark fin thing on the roof, and I suspect the majority of your phone reception is channeled through it. That's likely why folks don't have issues with metallic film impeding their cellphone's performance. Perhaps someone else here knows whether my speculation is on target.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'07, e92 335i, Sparkling Graphite, Coral Leather, Aluminum, 6-speed
Appreciate 0