F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos > BMW X1: first spy pics
ARMA SPEED

11-29-2007, 07:30 PM   #1
EniLab
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives:

BMW X1: first spy pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTT26
It is the first prototype of the production X1 SAV.

The X3 prototypes will be easily identified by it's shortened glasshouse and dynamically sloping roof. They should hit the road in the new year.

Although based on the architechture of the 1er And to be shared with the MINI proposal . The design will offer an individual look seperated from the next generation 1er.

The MINI will be clothed in a small Compact and adventurous take on the MINI's styling with the famous MINI grille becoming much enlarged.
Although this car will share a platform with MINI it is not Same architechture different body style.

The MINI's drivetrain will be programmed differently likewise the X1.

The MINI will definetely not be called "Moke" Some Proposals feature the Clubmans Club door access. These proposals featured labeling the "MINI Clubman X" , Some called the MINI "Four" . One thing is certain though is that BMW do not want to use the Cooper name with the MINI SAV although engines will remain the same. The preference is more to "lifestyle" packages.

Also greenlighted today was a Small Z Roadster. Think a modern interpretation of the BMW Z1 - Elegant, compact and dynamically sporty - a modern interpretation of the Z1 Concept.

Why the expansion of smaller focused performance and lifestyle orientated cars?

In this segment sales are rocketing and projected sales are even expected to increase as people downsize and more younger enthusiasts come to the market. The 1er Coupe and Cabrio are the first step but there are many,many more to come. Including BMW's much talked about "City Concept for the Future" I have never seen so many eyes light up when the the sketches were unveiled.
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2007, 09:15 PM   #2
Brookside
Major
Rep
Drives: 2016 228i M-Sport

Lots of info here....from EniLab and Scott26...Z1, X1, new Mini...to me this is the next move for BMW-
the X6, the V-series...grab my attention, but it's the scaled down sporty premium niche that's happenin' for me.
I hope the X1 breaks from the design mold of the X3 and X5 and gives us something different.
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2007, 09:43 PM   #3
Ryephile
Not a Newbie
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott26
Also greenlighted today was a Small Z Roadster. Think a modern interpretation of the BMW Z1 - Elegant, compact and dynamically sporty - a modern interpretation of the Z1 Concept.
"Z1" in coupe form a la //M Coupe with the 3.0L twin turbo would be the only thing that would suck me away from the 135i.
      11-30-2007, 10:46 AM   #4
adc
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 M3 ED

My wife would go nuts for a twin-turbo X1... and eh, maybe I wouldn't mind it either... :wink:

2018 F80 Santorini
2019 Z4 3.0i
2022 X2 M35i
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2007, 09:10 PM   #5
EniLab
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives:

Some new pics:

Appreciate 0
      11-30-2007, 09:28 PM   #6
atr_hugo
No longer moderate
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '13 135i

Based on the amount of cladding on the rear light am I close if I think this is an 'X 0.6'? ; -)
Appreciate 0