F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > 3 and 4 Series Ordering / Pricing / Order Tracking Forum (and European Delivery) > BMW 340 individual order
proTUNING Freaks

12-17-2015, 06:32 PM   #1
soultraveler00
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2010 Bmw M5

BMW 340 individual order

Just curious if anyone has ordered anything with pics or updates to show

I'm waiting for an approval on a Nardo Grey 340 xdrive track package
I told them to also add MPPK M Performance Power Kit.

Is this usually a 6 month wait or longer? I'd appreciate all info and feedback

Last edited by soultraveler00; 12-18-2015 at 02:30 AM..
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2015, 07:35 AM   #2
MomoM3
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: X7 M50i | M2 CS | X5 35i

Not sure how long Individual orders take.

Nardo Grey is an awesome color. I love that it's non-metallic. MPPSK is not out yet but should be by the time it hits the port in the US where they install it.

You should try and get Merino leather!!!
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2015, 07:56 AM   #3
kromix
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 340i AW MSport

Garage List
2016 340i (F30)  [0.00]
Wow this is gonna be awesome. Never seen that color before, googled it, wow beautiful.
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2015, 09:29 PM   #4
MomoM3
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by soultraveler00 View Post
Just curious if anyone has ordered anything with pics or updates to show

I'm waiting for an approval on a Nardo Grey 340 xdrive track package
I told them to also add MPPK M Performance Power Kit.

Is this usually a 6 month wait or longer? I'd appreciate all info and feedback
Did you hear back about Nardo Grey on your 340i? Did you ask about getting Merino leather? I'm excited for you!
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2015, 10:15 PM   #5
soultraveler00
Private First Class
Rep

They just emailed me today and said they approved it.
As much as I love the Merino leather it would put the total close to m3 money. They told me that the wait might actually be closer to the normal 3 months rather than the 6 months. Keeping my fingers crossed
Thanks for your feedback.
Appreciate 1
      12-31-2015, 02:44 PM   #6
MomoM3
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
They just emailed me today and said they approved it.
As much as I love the Merino leather it would put the total close to m3 money. They told me that the wait might actually be closer to the normal 3 months rather than the 6 months. Keeping my fingers crossed
Thanks for your feedback.
Just curious, what were they asking for the Merino? And your Individual was just exterior paint for $5,000 USD?
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2015, 05:00 PM   #7
Ryan9095
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2022 430i

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomoM3 View Post
Just curious, what were they asking for the Merino? And your Individual was just exterior paint for $5,000 USD?
I would like to know this as well.
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2016, 01:49 PM   #8
soultraveler00
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
So he is telling me 5k for nardo grey and 2k for Merino full leather
I'm thinking about deleting some unnecessary options and adding some type of a dark red or that Porsche blue /navy Merino leather. What do you guys think?
I'm just worried it will add extra time to production

Last edited by soultraveler00; 01-01-2016 at 05:16 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2016, 06:52 PM   #9
MRCUR
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Model 3 Performance

Quote:
I'm thinking about deleting some unnecessary options and adding some type of a dark red or that Porsche blue /navy Merino leather. What do you guys think?
$5k is the regular price for Individual paint that has been done before. If you choose a paint that BMW hasn't done before, the price can be higher (upwards of $8k) because of the R&D required. Most Porsche colors have been done at this point.

Individual paint isn't terribly complicated to do for BMW, so I wouldn't expect longer than about 4 weeks additional time. It all depends on when they have Individual cars scheduled to do.

Nardo Grey is really nice. You could also consider BMW's Grey Black or Grigio Telesto. There are M3/4's in these colors if you go look on the F80 forums.
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2016, 11:47 AM   #10
Ninong
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
You should take the Merino full leather for $2,000 but don't expect them to offer it to you in blue for just $2,000. For $2,000 you are going to have to choose one of their current selection of full Merino leather that they offer on the M3: Opal White, Amaro Brown, Golden Brown, Cohiba Brown, Nutmeg. I hope you like either white or some version of brown.

If you don't like one of those five colors that they are already offering in an Individual version for the M3, your next cheapest option is to go with a color of Merino leather that they currently offer on one of their other 2016 models but that's going to cost you more. The most expensive option would be to request blue or some other color that is not currently offered. It's possible but it will cost a lot more and delay production a lot more.

You should be able to get any of those five M3 Individual full Merino leather interiors with very little or no added time to the production process because they're already making them. For only $2,000 you should absolutely do it because it would make your car even more Individual than the paint. Do it.

Appreciate 0
      01-08-2016, 09:25 PM   #11
soultraveler00
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRCUR View Post
$5k is the regular price for Individual paint that has been done before. If you choose a paint that BMW hasn't done before, the price can be higher (upwards of $8k) because of the R&D required. Most Porsche colors have been done at this point.

Individual paint isn't terribly complicated to do for BMW, so I wouldn't expect longer than about 4 weeks additional time. It all depends on when they have Individual cars scheduled to do.

Nardo Grey is really nice. You could also consider BMW's Grey Black or Grigio Telesto. There are M3/4's in these colors if you go look on the F80 forums.
Thanks for all the info but i knew this already, i was inquiring about the interior individual side of things and the delay it would add to production. Thanks anyways
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2016, 09:29 PM   #12
soultraveler00
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninong View Post
You should take the Merino full leather for $2,000 but don't expect them to offer it to you in blue for just $2,000. For $2,000 you are going to have to choose one of their current selection of full Merino leather that they offer on the M3: Opal White, Amaro Brown, Golden Brown, Cohiba Brown, Nutmeg. I hope you like either white or some version of brown.

If you don't like one of those five colors that they are already offering in an Individual version for the M3, your next cheapest option is to go with a color of Merino leather that they currently offer on one of their other 2016 models but that's going to cost you more. The most expensive option would be to request blue or some other color that is not currently offered. It's possible but it will cost a lot more and delay production a lot more.

You should be able to get any of those five M3 Individual full Merino leather interiors with very little or no added time to the production process because they're already making them. For only $2,000 you should absolutely do it because it would make your car even more Individual than the paint. Do it.

Hey thanks for the info, yea i found out everything you said and comfirmed it's true. Not a fan of white and already had brown on last 2 cars. So im going cheap with coral red. Thanks for your input again.
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2016, 09:42 PM   #13
soultraveler00
Private First Class
Rep

Ok so here is the final order
Looks like they are backed up with production so i might still have a little time to change something
What do you guys think?

340i xDrive
Individual Nardo Grey
Coral Red Dakota Leather with Black highlight
Cold Weather Package
Driver Assistance Package
Lighting Package
M Sport Package
Track Handling Package
18" Light Alloy V-spoke Style 398 Orbit
Navigation system

Accessories
Black Kidney Grilles
Carbon Fiber Mirror Caps
Carbon Fiber & Alcantara trim
Carbon Fiber Selector Lever
Front Splitter-Body color
Lower blades M rckr panel blk
Carbon Fiber Rear Spoiler
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2016, 01:40 AM   #14
MomoM3
Major
United_States
Rep

Honestly, with this build - the Individual paint and all the M Performance parts, you should be considering the M3 at this price point.

Or you're like me who "needs" xDrive.

Either way, with all that going into your car I would be all over getting Merino leather over crappy Dakota.
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2016, 02:03 AM   #15
E30toF30
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 528i Executive Edition

Garage List
Gawdamn that colour is so Damn sick!

Love it!
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2016, 02:40 AM   #16
soultraveler00
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Honestly, with this build - the Individual paint and all the M Performance parts, you should be considering the M3 at this price point.

Or you're like me who "needs" xDrive.

Either way, with all that going into your car I would be all over getting Merino leather over crappy Dakota.
Yeah I know I need the all wheel drive also here in Colorado
Plus I was planning on getting a GT4 PDK sometime next year possibly.

Is Dakota leather that bad?
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2016, 02:42 AM   #17
soultraveler00
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by E30toF30 View Post
Gawdamn that colour is so Damn sick!

Love it!
I agree although I am a little worried about how it will look in person when I first see it
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2016, 07:22 AM   #18
MomoM3
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Yeah I know I need the all wheel drive also here in Colorado
Plus I was planning on getting a GT4 PDK sometime next year possibly.

Is Dakota leather that bad?
Ha, well then skip the M3 - that's the route to go! My 340 will be a commuter and ski car so it will definitely see the snow most times.

It's not that Dakota is bad, Merino is just so much more supple and buttery, better smell even. I have Dakota in my X5 and its never impressed me.

I am getting Dakota Coral Red on an build with all packages ticked and regret not knowing to ask for Merino. $2k would have been worth it for me to add.

Anyway, I'm really excited for your build and color. I love the Nardo Grey and think it will look fantastic on your car.
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2016, 12:51 PM   #19
soultraveler00
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Ha, well then skip the M3 - that's the route to go! My 340 will be a commuter and ski car so it will definitely see the snow most times.

It's not that Dakota is bad, Merino is just so much more supple and buttery, better smell even. I have Dakota in my X5 and its never impressed me.

I am getting Dakota Coral Red on an build with all packages ticked and regret not knowing to ask for Merino. $2k would have been worth it for me to add.

Anyway, I'm really excited for your build and color. I love the Nardo Grey and think it will look fantastic on your car.
Thanks again buddy, the more i look at the full merino the more im wanting to change my order. The individual opal white would look really nice with carbon fiber trim. Obviously just worried about keeping it in good condition. Second choice would be black merino but i probably would change carbon fiber back to silver trim as it would become too dark inside. The 3rd color i would love would be sakhir orange but im sure that will be very expensive. What do you think?
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2016, 05:36 PM   #20
2015M4inCT
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4

Is the $2000 cost for Merino leather in addition to the Dakota leather cost or is it a straight uplift for 2k from the pleather?
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2016, 11:49 PM   #21
MomoM3
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Thanks again buddy, the more i look at the full merino the more im wanting to change my order. The individual opal white would look really nice with carbon fiber trim. Obviously just worried about keeping it in good condition. Second choice would be black merino but i probably would change carbon fiber back to silver trim as it would become too dark inside. The 3rd color i would love would be sakhir orange but im sure that will be very expensive. What do you think?
My vote is for Opal White of Silverstone - would match nicely with the Nardo Grey. Why is Sakhir Orange more of an upcharge? Becauts it's an M color?

I wouldn't worry a whole lot about maintenance. I'm sure getting some product on the leather twice a year should be ok.
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2016, 10:58 AM   #22
XRAVE
Rep
Drives: 135i

Quote:

I would also like to confirm, is that upgrade from pleather to merino 2k or is that ontop of the 1450 making it 3450 for merino leather? I also have to agree that the diffrence from dakota to merino is night and day. Merino makes dakota leather seem like a base ball glove
Current 2020 X7 50i
Appreciate 0