F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Cosmetic Maintenance: Wash, Wax, Detailing, Repairs > knocked out parking sensor
proTUNING Freaks

08-20-2016, 07:06 PM   #1
darrena
Private
Rep
Drives: F30

knocked out parking sensor

My wifes 2016 3 series was hit with something that came off the back of a truck. It caused a minor scuff on the front bumper that I think I can buff out but it knocked out the parking sensor.

The sensor remains intact from what I can tell but of course it thinks that something is very close at all times!

I took a quick look at it and it looks like the only way to get underneath and put it back in place is going to be to remove a number of bolts that attach the skid plate to the front bumper. Is that really the only way to get in there or did I miss an easier path somewhere?
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2016, 09:14 PM   #2
Wires
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 340i xDrive

I believe that is the only way. Changing my E90 fog lights was a similar amount of pain.
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2016, 09:19 PM   #3
darrena
Private
Rep
Drives: F30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wires View Post
I believe that is the only way. Changing my E90 fog lights was a similar amount of pain.
I was afraid of that! The good news is that I called the insurance company and this will likely be covered by the uninsured motorist coverage which under my policy covers drive offs. Since the incident was recorded by a dash-cam we took the footage to the local police station who reviewed it (Surprisingly they went through it a number of times to try and get the license plate) and gave us an official report for the Insurance company.

We have an appointment with the adjuster tomorrow so I will know for sure but my agent seemed to think it was covered.
Appreciate 0