F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior & interior) > Anyone tried these halogen -> Xenon+led aftermarket kit?
ARMA SPEED

04-19-2015, 10:26 PM   #287
squidlyboy
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 Alpine White 328i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Level3 View Post
Here are some better quality acrylic led rings on ebay for someone interested in popping their headlight casings open. Not sure if hand made or something you can find mass produced.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/261857784887...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
Looks like this guy took pics from blueaudi18's prototypes, OSS raptor v2 rings, and then a pic of his own... but his description doesn't specify that you have your choice of different styles lolz. The third and fourth pic looks like that might be the ones he's selling... which... meh

i would be careful... anyone serious about this should ask him put his name in the pic with his actual product and send that to you

btw... this should prob be a new thread... this is a diff product entirely

EDIT: 4/20 monday am - his actual rings... he's in china - he confirmed the first 2 pics were lifted off other sites. i guess he realized if you post pics of oss raptor rings as your lead-in pic, it WILL get people's attention
Attached Images

Last edited by squidlyboy; 04-20-2015 at 08:27 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2015, 06:51 AM   #288
Who?
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: F87 LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by squidlyboy View Post
Looks like this guy took pics from blueaudi18's prototypes, OSS raptor v2 rings, and then a pic of his own... but his description doesn't specify that you have your choice of different styles lolz. The third and fourth pic looks like that might be the ones he's selling... which... meh

i would be careful... anyone serious about this should ask him put his name in the pic with his actual product and send that to you

btw... this should prob be a new thread... this is a diff product entirely
quality looks quite good, don't really like that fact the rings are different depths though.

Id just be cautious as you'd be the guinea pig as he doesn't seem to have any install yet, and the fact that he's shamelessly stealing others images doesn't send a very trustworthy
      04-20-2015, 03:25 PM   #289
Sherhart
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 M4 Vert & 2015 RR Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJ00 View Post
quality looks quite good, don't really like that fact the rings are different depths though.
I'm pretty sure the different depths are required to fit inside the housing.

Jimbo
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2015, 05:14 PM   #290
a803sgo
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW 320D M-SPORT (F30)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jus71n View Post
Ok so the supplier in Germany has confirmed with Eagle Eyes that they can supply RHD model for UK with correct authentication for legal road use.

Ordered a set, 8-10 weeks delivery , Since my car is Alpine white I've gone for black to match the kidneys I have fitted

Already have a HID kit ready to fit also.

Can't wait
Bad news, the German supplier cannot get the RHD chrome lights.

What's the worst that could happen fitting LHD lights to a RHD car?
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2015, 05:51 PM   #291
BossF80
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: Mineral White IG:BMWBOSSLIFE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshalltj View Post
Ok, here are some pictures, sorry for the quality. The first series with lights on are the LED DRLs. The second are the low beams.

Also I just realized that I think the designer was trying to mimic the shape of the lower portion of the grill with the shape of the halos.
Damn...looks really good! Best f30 aftermarket look yet...looks like if they came that way but for like a 2017 model. These headlights with led lowbeams would be a game changer.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2015, 10:23 AM   #292
ro_f30
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 Melbourne Red 328i

Alright people got the Chrome eagle eyes. Got Philips CrystalVision (4300K) and GP lights(5000K) (Will compare both of these and go with the better one). Got Mtech M7 (4300K) for the fog lamps. Will install em this friday... Wait for the pictures guys!

2014 Melbourne Red 328i f30,
Premium Package, Enhanced USB, Eagle Eyes, Black Kidney Grills, BimmerTech Amplifier, APEX EC-7 18' Continental DWS 245/40/18.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2015, 10:44 AM   #293
Jus71n
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 320D Sport F30 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by a803sgo View Post
Bad news, the German supplier cannot get the RHD chrome lights.

What's the worst that could happen fitting LHD lights to a RHD car?
?? When did you hear that? I guess it's just the chrome? could go for black?

I guess LHD would fail MOT, something to do with beam pattern & direction?
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2015, 11:53 AM   #294
ATL0501
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '21 540 Msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by ro_f30
Alright people got the Chrome eagle eyes. Got Philips CrystalVision (4300K) and GP lights(5000K) (Will compare both of these and go with the better one). Got Mtech M7 (4300K) for the fog lamps. Will install em this friday... Wait for the pictures guys!
Can't wait!!

Give us some insight on light output at night on them as well!
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2015, 02:31 PM   #295
Sherhart
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 M4 Vert & 2015 RR Sport

Headlights showed up last night. I can confirm that the quality of these is OEM level. Very nice looking units. The other thing that impressed was the packaging. Very well protected and unlikely any would ever show up damaged.

I'm camping this weekend, so install will have to wait. Excited to see some pics on white and LED bulbs to decide what I want to do (hint, hint @goon and @ro_F30)

Jimbo
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-22-2015, 03:59 PM   #296
a803sgo
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW 320D M-SPORT (F30)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jus71n View Post
?? When did you hear that? I guess it's just the chrome? could go for black?

I guess LHD would fail MOT, something to do with beam pattern & direction?
they can supply the black no problem, same price as what you've been quoted but with my car being black i wanted chrome lights.

back to the drawing board.

won't need an mot for another year or two, would these lights void the warranty?

how hard is it to take the headlights apart and fit the rings shown further back?
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2015, 05:35 PM   #297
RarScaryFrosty
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by a803sgo View Post
they can supply the black no problem, same price as what you've been quoted but with my car being black i wanted chrome lights.

back to the drawing board.

won't need an mot for another year or two, would these lights void the warranty?

how hard is it to take the headlights apart and fit the rings shown further back?
If you take apart your headlight on your own, you risk dirtying the inside, and having moisture problems in the future. You literally have to bake the entire headlight in an oven to loosen the adhesive holding it together, then pry the two apart. If you put it back incorrectly, any gaps in the adhesive seem will allow moisture to leak in and fog up your headlights.

Your best bet is to just get the LHD model of the headlights and install them. If you're not pleased with the beam pattern, use the screws in the headlight to manually adjust the aim of the beam. It's very simple to do.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2015, 05:37 PM   #298
Daftasabrush
Fool
England
Rep
Drives: F31 340i

You can just use a heatgun to take them apart, done that many times in the past
      04-22-2015, 07:11 PM   #299
squidlyboy
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daftasabrush View Post
I'm guessing not bmw f30 headlights ... lol Its one thing to open butyl rubber sealed headlights, entirely another matter to cut through perma-sealed (heat resistant) headlights. Biggest pita thing i've had to do (still doing) on my car... it'll be worth it though

Last edited by squidlyboy; 04-22-2015 at 07:17 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2015, 07:27 PM   #300
IndotagSwizz
Major
Rep
Drives: F30 320i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ro_f30
Can't wait
      04-22-2015, 07:35 PM   #301
IndotagSwizz
Major
Rep
Drives: F30 320i

Quote:
Originally Posted by squidlyboy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daftasabrush View Post
I'm guessing not bmw f30 headlights ... lol Its one thing to open butyl rubber sealed headlights, entirely another matter to cut through perma-sealed (heat resistant) headlights. Biggest pita thing i've had to do (still doing) on my car... it'll be worth it though
I have always used a heat gun I know it always takes a while it's all about patience but if you must bake them I suggest wrapping them in aluminum foil, this will keep them from yellowing and being in direct contact with the heat which might melt something again it's a marathon not a sprint be patient and take as much time as possible, the less you rush the better they will come out
      04-22-2015, 07:54 PM   #302
squidlyboy
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndotagSwizz View Post
I have always used a heat gun I know it always takes a while it's all about patience but if you must bake them I suggest wrapping them in aluminum foil, this will keep them from yellowing and being in direct contact with the heat which might melt something again it's a marathon not a sprint be patient and take as much time as possible, the less you rush the better they will come out
i hear you bro... someone told me it was gonna be avg 4-6 hours per headlight i did it a little at a time over a few weeks, and its coming out to about that. I heard about the yellowing of the lens, so i figure i'd take the hit and instead of doing the oven method, i did it with a heat gun. I'm glad I did, as the lens did not get much heat. I'm almost there ...
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2015, 08:29 PM   #303
squidlyboy
Major
United_States
Rep

Talking YES

Everytime an F30 headlight is opened, a little bell rings in heaven, an angel earns his wings, you are required to post a pic, the date and the time are noted, you earn 10 rep points, and you earn the right to scream at the top of your lungs... YAAAAAWWWWWLLLLLL

now the fun part begins

Sorry... now back to the original topic (Btw.. if it helps, your butyl rubber sealed eagle eyes will prob be MUCH easier to open than these...)
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-22-2015, 08:49 PM   #304
JermieX6
Private
Rep
Drives: 2009 X6 50i, 2011 550xi

anyone in brooklyn, ny area purchased the eagle eyes and are planning to DIY?
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2015, 09:17 PM   #305
martsro
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2015 EBII F31 M-Sport

Well I got an email from ProTuning this morning stating my chrome lights were on back order and could be delayed as much as 4 weeks! So I cancelled the order and ordered another set from revotec on eBay. Expected delivery is April 30th.
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2015, 12:54 PM   #306
macrossVFX222
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 F10

Quote:
Originally Posted by martsro View Post
Well I got an email from ProTuning this morning stating my chrome lights were on back order and could be delayed as much as 4 weeks! So I cancelled the order and ordered another set from revotec on eBay. Expected delivery is April 30th.
I think Protuning has (well... had...) the older version where the inner ring is
highbeam and the outer ring is lowbeam (direct plug and play).

I was hoping for this version, but I guess they are out of stock now... the new ones (the ones from ebay) are the LED DRL version for the inner ring projector
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2015, 04:42 PM   #307
ATL0501
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '21 540 Msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by macrossVFX222
Quote:
I think Protuning has (well... had...) the older version where the inner ring is

I was hoping for this version, but I guess they are out of stock now... the new ones (the ones from ebay) are the LED DRL version for the inner ring projector
I think that the eBay ones are better cause I rather have outer projector as low beam and high beam rather than inner. More light gets spread on low beam that way
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2015, 04:45 PM   #308
chazmink
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by macrossVFX222
Quote:

I thought the protuning version had dual projectors as well based on their photo and the brief description on their site but a little earlier in the thread I was told I was wrong and that the halogen version always had the LED DRL in the inner position. I would much prefer separate high and low beam projectors. If someone that has actually purchased such a version I'd sure like to hear about it. Thanks.

2013 328i MSport Estoril Blue, 6spd MT, Premium, Tech & Drivers Assist +, Bavsound Stage One/Ghost, Bimmertech Amp
Appreciate 0