F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > ..
Studio RSR

08-11-2015, 07:27 PM   #1
335d-xdrive-bck
Registered
Rep
Drives: .

Last edited by 335d-xdrive-bck; 08-25-2015 at 08:20 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2015, 01:02 AM   #2
Steve Zodiac
Banned
Rep
Drives: Wartburg Knight

The brushed aluminium interior is the better looker to me, unfortunately also very easy to scratch as I have found out when my small dog decided to come through the front seats to sit at the front!
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2015, 01:25 AM   #3
General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: xxxx

Nice spec.

On the parking side of things, do you struggle in parking a car?

If not then personally would spec either Pano roof or HUD.

Not sure how the LCI and LED lights with HBA works out, is this the same as pre LCI adaptive (magic lights)?

I think you need to spec the adaptive, definitely a must have personally.

Needs to be confirmed, however I have seen a post stating EBT is required for 4g, with 4g being a prerequisite for OTA map updates - worth checking.

Personally would drop the Internet, handy if you don't own a smart phone or tablet, but seems overly awkward to use.

So I would drop Park Assist and Internet.

Add adaptive lighting.

Consider adding Pano roof and / or HUD.

Colour wise, another great Superman Tourer

Great shape and colour.
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2015, 01:30 AM   #4
gtsussex
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: SMB M3 CP with lots of carbon

All the Superman cars (as they are know with that combo) I've seen pictures off on here look stunning. I love the Coral Red (biased as I have it).

Comfort Access - actually the truth is that if you use comfort all of the time (i.e. open and close the car using the door handle), you're actually leaving yourself less likely to have the remote scanned or jammed because the transmission between the car and key is very weak - you need to standing next to the car for it to work and someone to do anything. One of my friends is snr engineer at Land Rover - we were talking about all the Range Rover thefts in London and he explained that if any of the owners actually used their Comfort Access rather than waving their remotes around, the thieves would have to steal the keys or physically damage the car to gain access. Rule in our house is NEVER use the remote.

I prefer brushed (it's what I have). 45k later I have a couple of scratches but the only other alternative I want was Piano Black which we have in other car and 5k later that already has scratches.

Can't comment of Advanced Parking Package as don't have it. What I can comment on is Surround View - if you have money to put into something, it's brilliant. Side cameras at tight junctions are excellent and it has so far prevented my nearest and dearest from trashing my alloys.

Oh agree with Brigand - HUD is wonderful. Internet is waste of time - never use it.
San Marino Blue M3 Competition Package with Carbon tat, ACS RS suspension, uprated brakes, 'modded' exhaust and a weeny bit more power courtesy of JF Automotive; M235i Convertible with ACS Sports Suspension; Disco 5 HSE Lux
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2015, 02:10 AM   #5
Beancounter_74
Colonel
England
Rep
Drives: M140i F20, 449i F33

Nice spec Peter.

At the risk of repeating what others have said....
Coral - you'll love it, really does suit the interior.

Advanced parking - it's a 3 series, not a Maybach LWB, get that cancelled.
Pano roof - think about that, I sometimes wish I'd added that.
Brushed aluminium - isn't the most inspiring, but is pretty hard wearing and goes well with the red. Like gtsussex, I have Piano black in another car and even with care around it, it's still scratched to fcuk you could consider the carbon a la the MPerformance - just and idea.

As I said, I'm pretty much repeating others.

Now the wait begins.....
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2015, 02:15 AM   #6
simon.
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F48 25D mSport

Spec looks blooming great. Drop internet as said & I'd add heated steering wheel as it's a blooming lovely option to have.
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2015, 02:49 AM   #7
KS_340i
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Tanzanite Blue F31 340i

Watching thread with interest as speccing up a 340i currently.

Personally not sure about adaptive lights. If you do lots of night driving, agree they are good. Have adaptive Xenons on our e61 but we hardly ever drive at night for long so i doubt i would bother speccing it.
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2015, 02:57 AM   #8
gtsussex
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: SMB M3 CP with lots of carbon

Pano roof and heated steering wheel a very good call.

PS You'll find us all very good at spending your money but we will at least advise where you're wasting it (Internet and Parking Package, for example)
San Marino Blue M3 Competition Package with Carbon tat, ACS RS suspension, uprated brakes, 'modded' exhaust and a weeny bit more power courtesy of JF Automotive; M235i Convertible with ACS Sports Suspension; Disco 5 HSE Lux
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2015, 03:09 AM   #9
dubdemand
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F80 Individual

I've added the HUD and speed limit display to my spec. Was tempted with the panoramic roof but decided HUD would be more fun and I had to draw the line somewhere!

The LED headlights in the MS+ pack aren't adaptive but do come with high beam assistant. If you want the dancing beams then you need to go with adaptive LED and pay the extra.

Lastly, if you add speed limit display and high beam assistant you can't spec the grey band on the windscreen due to the extra cameras.

Good luck with the order!
      08-12-2015, 03:10 AM   #10
General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: xxxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiranS View Post
Watching thread with interest as speccing up a 340i currently.

Personally not sure about adaptive lights. If you do lots of night driving, agree they are good. Have adaptive Xenons on our e61 but we hardly ever drive at night for long so i doubt i would bother speccing it.
The F3x are i believe miles ahead of the previous versions.

These are not just lights for going round bends etc, they create a box pretty much around the car in front.

The headlights operate independently of each other, one can be on high beam, the other dipped and turned to side sort of thing.
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2015, 03:11 AM   #11
Beancounter_74
Colonel
England
Rep

Agreed - adaptive are amazing....though I think they are powered by witchcraft!!!
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2015, 03:48 AM   #12
GEP77
Major
Rep
Drives: Tesla Model 3 Long Range.

Having driven Guy's car a while back surround view and HUD will definitely feature when I come to replace my car. They were both brilliant. I have the brushed aluminium interior as well and I think it looks a lot smarter than the hexagon. Each to their own though - go and have a look round some used cars at the dealer to get an idea of how they wear. In mine they are unblemished - but it is a dog free and largely child free environment.
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2015, 04:02 AM   #13
KS_340i
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Tanzanite Blue F31 340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brigand View Post
The F3x are i believe miles ahead of the previous versions.

These are not just lights for going round bends etc, they create a box pretty much around the car in front.

The headlights operate independently of each other, one can be on high beam, the other dipped and turned to side sort of thing.
Interesting! Must say, not impressed that full LEDs are not standard on the LCI and you have to pay £700 for it, then another £800 I think for adaptive LEDs. As noted in another thread, pre-LCI had xenon as standard so this is a backward move, or one where they hope to recoup some of the discount as halogens would be pretty old tech on a modern (otherwise high spec) car.
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2015, 04:07 AM   #14
Beancounter_74
Colonel
England
Rep

There's no way I'd go back to halogens. Xenons/LEDs will definitely add to the resale too.
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2015, 04:15 AM   #15
ep22jg
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G01 M40i

Re Super Man colours - Not my cup of tea, but others obviously like it!

I've only used Comfort Access on my parents car. Security issues aside, I'm on the fence on this one. Definitely nice to just walk up and open the door when on your own, but when approaching the car with others, I think it's better to open the car as I get close, rather than have to open either front door. As for the foot under the back bumper to open the boot ..... seems a bit gimmicky! As I say, haven't used it a lot!.

I'm happy with my Brushed Aluminium, only 7 months in, but still looking good!

Not used the advanced parking.

I have both the HUD and Adaptive lights, and would definitely spec them again.
      08-12-2015, 04:25 AM   #16
davyk31
Major General
Rep
Drives: Macan GTS :-) & F40 M135i

There are a few fans on here for the Superman combo but for resale it will be a bit of a liability as dealers know the target audience is much smaller. For me it looks all wrong. Red leather suits black, white and silver/grey cars but not blue.
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2015, 06:16 AM   #17
SkyJawa
Major General
Rep
Drives: F10 530d

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335d-xdrive-bck View Post
Firstly, what's the opinion on the Estoril Blue and Coral Red leather combo? I simply chose it to get away from the standard black leather option but I'm nervous it may look a tad OTT.
Cheers
Peter
SuperMan is a lovely combo, I love it. Wife was unsure but loves it too.

Can't have all black unless you get the pano roof to lighten up the cabin.

Oyster is nice too but I suspect a little less practical than coral.

Internet = shite, HuD = epic, Steering Wheel heating = epic
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2015, 12:29 PM   #18
XAlp
Major
Rep
Drives: Volvo XC90 T6

First F31 msport I looked at was "superman" with pano roof - seriously to my taste!!! Still mildly regret not going for that one! Good luck
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2015, 01:51 PM   #19
Mattyk
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G20 M340i

20" wheels - not much tyre on them. Once you've swapped the springs they may be a big crashy but will look better as they will fill the arches even more.

Nice spec, now you need to not log in before it arrives or you will end up with a pile of bits in the garage ready for its arrival!!!

Gone
F36 435d
F30 335d
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2015, 02:13 PM   #20
JD6
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 840i GC + Mini Electric L3

Quote:
Interesting! Must say, not impressed that full LEDs are not standard on the LCI and you have to pay £700 for it, then another £800 I think for adaptive LEDs. As noted in another thread, pre-LCI had xenon as standard so this is a backward move, or one where they hope to recoup some of the discount as halogens would be pretty old tech on a modern (otherwise high spec) car.
Pre-LCI did not have xenon as standard. It was a cost option even on the top model - the 335d, but I agree with you that xenon or LED should be standard, particularly given how feeble the halogens are.
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2015, 02:20 PM   #21
Beancounter_74
Colonel
England
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD6
Quote:
Pre-LCI did not have xenon as standard. It was a cost option even on the top model - the 335d, but I agree with you that xenon or LED should be standard, particularly given how feeble the halogens are.
That's where the M+ and Visibility packs made good sense on the Pre LCI.
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2015, 04:09 AM   #22
DarrenL_007
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F36 430d xDrive M Sport GC

Garage List
F3x Adaptive Headlights are head and shoulders above previous versions and one of the options that really make me smile at night time.

I would personally recommend including this.

Mineral Grey / Ivory White Dakota Leather / Reversing Camera / Folding/Auto Dipping Mirrors / Park Assist / Sun Protection Glass / Electric Glass Sunroof / Heated Steering Wheel / Icon Adaptive LED Headlights / 19" 704M Alloys / Digital Cockpit / Head-up Display / Wifi Hotspot / Driving Assistant / Speed Limit Display / Harmon Kardon Loudspeakers / High-Beam Assist / Enhanced Bluetooth - Wireless Charging / Online Entertainment / M Sport Brakes / Comfort Access / Extended Storage
Appreciate 0