F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > ..
Studio RSR

08-13-2015, 07:33 AM   #23
M8 JTD
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F31 335d & 718 GTS

Hi 335d-xdrive-bck,

Congratulations, I also have a new LCI 335d xDrive M Sport Touring on order at the moment – When did you order and what are your expected production and delivery dates?

Here’s my spec (re the Opal white, I don’t have kids and the dog doesn't get transported in either of my cars) - Probably easier to say what options I deliberately haven’t spec’d (Rear Blinds, Rear Seat Heating, TV and Variable Sport Steering) - There is a lot of discussion on the forums regarding “VSS” where people are confusing it with the weighting up of the steering by speed/the Drive Performance Control mode, which is “Servotronic”, and comes as standard on M Sports – “VSS” is simply “Servotronic” + a variable ratio rack beyond 90 degrees of steering wheel lock.

My Spec:

ZLMZ F31 335d xDrive M Sport Touring N57Z 3.0d
475 Black Sapphire
ZAOW Opal White Merino lthr - BMW Individual
XT1 Leather instrument panel - BMW Individual
XE7 Piano Black - BMW Individual

Option Packages:
ZAP Advanced Parking package
ZAS Active Security package
ZIC Interior comfort package
ZMS M Sport Plus package inc 552 BMW Icon adaptive LED headlights
ZNP Media package - BMW Professional

Additional standalone Options:
248 Steering wheel heating
2VF Adaptive M Sport suspension
322 Comfort Access
3AC Towbar, fully electric
402 Panoramic glass sunroof
459 Elec Fr Seats + Driver Memory
488 Lumbar support, driver and front pass
494 Seat heating, front
4AE Armrest, front with sliding adjustment
502 Headlight wash
5DF Active Cruise Control with "Stop and Go" function
5DL Surround-view
610 Head-up Display
6NS Enhanced Bluetooth telephone with USB & Voice
8TH Speed limit display

+ 5 year BMW Service Inclusive

Coming from an M4 (fully loaded with options) and a X5 M50d (I’m swapping the M4 to a Caterham 620R and the M50d to the 335d to act as the daily driver/tow car.) here are a few of my thoughts from experience of the options:

ZAP - Advanced Parking package – No brainer + you have to have it for Surround View anyway.
ZAS - Active Security package – Very handy and saved me from a couple of close calls already – includes things like blind spot warning & emergency braking – If somebody slams the brakes on in front of you on the motorway, if you’re not paying attention the car warns you on the HUD + sounds an alert + will start emergency braking for you!
ZIC & 493 - Interior comfort package & Extended storage - No brainer for £180, it gives you a really useful storage compartment under the boot floor + nets, hooks etc – Without it there is nowhere to put single bags of shopping/takeaways etc + stop them from re-decorating the inside of the boot.
ZMS - M Sport Plus package – A must for me as I wanted all of the options contained within it anyway + The only way to get the 442M alloys.
ZNP - Media package - BMW Professional – A no brainer + You need it in combination with 6NS to get 4G and the “Over The Air” functionality for auto map updates etc..+ future proof for future OTA Connected Drive services such as Airplay etc…
XE7 – Piano Black - BMW Individual – Compliments the Opal White leather nicely + The standard “Aluminium Hex” is absolutely awful – It’s basically a foil wrap (not metal) so looks and feels like tin foil!
248 – Steering wheel heating – For £155 it is a lovely option to have in the winter – I really appreciated it last winter.
2VF - Adaptive M Sport suspension – A must if you live in the middle of the countryside surrounded by poorly surfaced/uneven/sinking/potholed roads as I do
322 - Comfort Access – Not crucial, more of a nice to have – once you’ve had it you wouldn’t be without it + Includes a very handy feature for opening the boot (by waving your foot under the bumper) if you are returning to the car with your hands full.
402 - Panoramic glass sunroof – It’s absolutely massive + A must if you are going for a black interior with sun protection glass as it adds some much needed light and airiness.
552 – BMW Icon Adaptive LED Headlights – These are an absolute must for me now – The difference is “night & day” literally - They are seriously bright (pure white rather than blue-white of Xenon) + you just stick them in auto mode and drive around with full beam on at night as the LED matrix splits/blocks out bits of the main beam that would usually dazzle other drivers – Very very cool!
5DF - Active Cruise Control with "Stop and Go" function – Pure witchcraft! – A must if you spend a lot of time either stuck in slow moving/stop start traffic or on the motorway.
5DL – Surround-view - Another absolute must for me now, it may seem excessive/pointless but it’s not (it gives you a birds-eye view above the car using augmented reality from the cameras located around the car) – Trust me, it’s seriously good, I don’t use my mirrors for parking any more + If it saves you from kerbing 1 alloy wheel then it’s more than paid for itself! - Once you’ve had it you wouldn’t be without it.
610 - Head-Up Display – Another absolute must for me now, it may seem excessive / pointless but it’s not given the amount of information that can be displayed - Again, once you’ve had it you wouldn’t be without it.
6NS – Enhanced Bluetooth telephone with USB & Voice Control - You need it to have full control over your iphone for audio streaming (standard BT just streams, no track, album, artist selection via steering wheel / HUD selection) + You need it combination with ZNP to get 4G and the “Over The Air” functionality for auto map updates etc..+ future proof for future OTA Connected Drive services such as Airplay etc…
8TH - Speed Limit Display – Only worth it if you tick the HUD box, pointless otherwise – Very useful as it reads speed limit and other road signs and displays them in the HUD/Instrument panel – Great reminder especially as it displays your actual speed next to the limit in the HUD.
6AR – Internet – Not crucial, we all have smart/iphones.
6FV – Online Entertainment - Not crucial, we all have smart/iphones and the Enhanced Bluetooth audio streaming/sync with them is excellent.
5 year BMW Service Inclusive – An absolute no brainer given the cost of a single service!

All the best,
Joe
Previous Other: Caterham 620, Lotus Exige S, TVR Cerbera

Last edited by M8 JTD; 08-13-2015 at 12:11 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2015, 06:57 PM   #24
Proftinkerpot
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 335d M Sport -Superman

Another plus vote for a superman spec. Superb spec on an amazing car. I love mine almost 2 years in, it never disappoints.
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2015, 02:48 PM   #25
Consett Mag
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F31 330d M Sport

Has someone been upsetting this OP? Couple of funny old threads ...
      08-25-2015, 02:49 PM   #26
k44ENT
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M2 LCI DCT

Someone bought his wheels and paid with Drachmas
Appreciate 1
      08-25-2015, 02:52 PM   #27
dopper99
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: Golf R Mk8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Consett Mag View Post
Has someone been upsetting this OP? Couple of funny old threads ...
In here below, he was trying to sell wheels for £1750 + delivery.
Then some helpful people pointed out two other places where these wheels and tyres can be bought for less money.
All in this thread.....

http://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1165344

Current:
Golf R Mk8
Previous:
Golf R Mk7.5
Mercedes AMG C63 S Coupe
F80 M3 Competition Pack
Appreciate 1
      08-25-2015, 03:21 PM   #28
Consett Mag
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F31 330d M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by dopper99 View Post
In here below, he was trying to sell wheels for £1750 + delivery.
Then some helpful people pointed out two other places where these wheels and tyres can be bought for less money.
All in this thread.....

http://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1165344
Oh that's what has been happening. Ironic that. I came on here originally hoping to buy a used car for a certain amount of money - then some very helpful people on here pointed out ways where I ended up spending a lot more on a brand new one ....
      08-25-2015, 03:30 PM   #29
Tengocity
General
Scotland
Rep
Drives: 911, Cayenne Turbo, Disco 4

Well that's a pretty monumental throwing of toys out your pram. I guess some personalities just aren't suited to forums

I can understand that someone doesn't want a thread selling stuff to be hijacked, but to go back and delete this one is fairly petty and actually quite rude to anyone who responded, so no loss.
Current: Porsche 911 991 C4S, Porsche Cayenne Turbo, Land Rover Discovery 4. Gone...G01 X3 M40i, Cayman S 987, F31 340i, Cayman GT4, F82 M4 CP, Lotus Exige V6, G20 330e, F30 330e, Boxster S 987, F31 335d, Mini Cooper SD, E89 Z4, E90 330d 320d, E60 520d, E46 330d 320d, MX5s, E30 325i
Appreciate 3
      08-25-2015, 03:57 PM   #30
Nick the Greek
Banned
France
Rep
Drives: M135i. I don't do diesel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by k44ENT View Post
Someone bought his wheels and paid with Drachmas
Yep.

"Funny money"