F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > N55 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > Chargepipe
proTUNING Freaks

12-26-2013, 01:03 PM   #23
becker800
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M8 GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by auf Deutsche View Post
Eagerly awaiting review after your jb4 instal. What map will you be running?

Leaving the cp on should be a non-issue. If they ask, just tell them the POS oem plastic pipe cracked and you wanted a far more durable piece. It's the tune and dp that need to be removed prior to service.
Dont have DP so just the tune for me. I will be running Map 1 for now. Maybe going up to Map 2 once the Electronic Solenoid issues are resolved. Cause going to map 2 wont make a huge difference as of now until thats resolved I'm pretty sure.

I have to get a few hundred more miles on her until I can install the tune I'm only at about 400.
And of course we got more snow today so will be a couple days of no driving it again
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2013, 12:25 PM   #24
mannymazz
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 440

Do you guys leave your aftermarket charge pipe on during routine service?
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2013, 12:32 PM   #25
olehead
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 M240I X drive

I tslked to the service manager at my bmw dealer - as far as he is concerned there is absolutely no iisue with a after market charge pipe - tunes and other stuff diffierent issue
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2013, 02:45 PM   #26
inChargeOfIT
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i Sport

I just ordered an ER charge pipe. Ordered it anodized black just so the shiny chrome would not stick out so much during services. Not that I am trying to hide it but I do not want to invite further scrutiny.

I am doing it largely for peace of mind and am not expecting any performance improvements. I do intend to install stage 2 (or Dinan/Cobb when they are out) so replacing the weak link now seems prudent. I am also worried about heat (very hot summers here) so I will be installing the m-sport retrofit and a bigger FMIC to get more air in and better oil cooling. Will likely be removing the fog lights when I do the m-sport retrofit as well for more air.
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2014, 01:32 AM   #27
RollingLower42
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW 335I

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by olehead View Post
I tslked to the service manager at my bmw dealer - as far as he is concerned there is absolutely no iisue with a after market charge pipe - tunes and other stuff diffierent issue
Most service places are like this too. There seems to be a lot of people who seem over paranoid about warranty issues with their cars and aftermarket parts.. But from my experiences so far, any BMW place is totally O.K with the aftermarket stuff and they really are nice people about it always.. I have never had anyone question or grill me about "What I did to my car", but more or less they seem to dig it and always give me compliments..

Now back in the day when I had a Ford Explorer, Ford people were complete dicks. Since my car was bagged and had rims, they always would be dicks and give me a hard time, tell me they "wouldn't touch my car" not even for a oil change.

BMW seems to me, the most mod friendly car company that I have experienced thus far.
2012 BMW 335I F30-- KWV2, VOLK TTA-TE37, HANKOOK V12'S, MEISTERSCHAFT SUPER GT RACING EXHAUST, JB4 STAGE 2 MAP 2, CHALLENGE HFC DOWNPIPE, M-PERF SIDE SKIRTS, M-PERF REAR BUMPER, CUSTOM LTMW F30/F12 FRONT BUMPER (THANKS LONG!!), HID FOG LIGHTS, MATTE BLACK GRILLE, UNDERGROUND EURO WHITE SIDE BULBS, GLOSS VINYL ROOF WRAP AND WINDOW TRIM, CUSTOM STRUT BAR
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2014, 04:10 AM   #28
2blu
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 540i XDrive ///M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by RollingLower42 View Post
BMW seems to me, the most mod friendly car company that I have experienced thus far.
I can't say for BMW yet since it's only been 2 months, but Infiniti here in Montreal not only accepted and supported modding, they had a counter for aftermarket parts ! Hands down the best customer care and headache free experience I've had with a dealership.
      01-01-2014, 09:22 AM   #29
olehead
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 M240I X drive

Just a quick note since Ford dealers were brought up - I also have a 2013 CS/GT 5.0 Mustang and have done and are in the process of doing a lot of modding- my ford service manager not only does not have a problem with it he encourages me ( a couple of the mods ie gears and intake I had done by them as they had the right tools)-no warranty isssues - unless you go Nitrous which breaks stuff
- This is due to the fact Ford is getting a lot more involved with local 1/4 mile tracks and the amateur driver
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2014, 10:03 AM   #30
mikew2069
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: F30 335i MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by RollingLower42 View Post
Most service places are like this too. There seems to be a lot of people who seem over paranoid about warranty issues with their cars and aftermarket parts.. But from my experiences so far, any BMW place is totally O.K with the aftermarket stuff and they really are nice people about it always.. I have never had anyone question or grill me about "What I did to my car", but more or less they seem to dig it and always give me compliments..

^^^THIS.. the posts that ask if a catback will void warranty just baffles me
2016 F15 50i ///M-Sport
BM3/H&R/Borla
Appreciate 0