F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > Park Distance Control Alarm
ARMA SPEED

01-31-2013, 12:21 PM   #1
Il Fenomeno 415
In top form...
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 335i xDrive coming...

Park Distance Control Alarm

So I just got a new bumper cover replaced and 2 days later all of a sudden my PDC alarm is acting up. As I'm putting car in reverse, the alarm is making a constant sound with nothing visible behind the car? Anyone else have this problem?

I'm starting toget angry bc with y luck geting rear ended by some idiot, I fear a whole string of problems will start to arise. Please respond if anyone else experienced this issue-thanks...
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2013, 04:19 PM   #2
sekitori
Private
Rep
Drives: 2019 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Il Fenomeno 415 View Post
So I just got a new bumper cover replaced and 2 days later all of a sudden my PDC alarm is acting up. As I'm putting car in reverse, the alarm is making a constant sound with nothing visible behind the car? Anyone else have this problem?
I experienced the same problem. It happened after I had driven in the rain for a couple of days. When I put the car in reverse, I heard that steady sound even though there was nothing behind me. I agree that it's very upsetting to have a safety feature you rely on suddenly stop working for no apparent reason.

In my case, the fix was surprisingly simple. I wiped off the rear bumper with a couple of paper towels. Not only was the bumper wet, but it was also filthy. That was probably due to junk from puddles on the road being splashed onto it. After the bumper was clean, the PDC operated normally.

Were you driving in wet weather after the bumper cover was replaced? If you were, wiping it off might be of help. If it isn't, the problem could have been caused by the replacement of the bumper cover. But if that was the reason, it should have shown up right away, not two days later. If cleaning the bumper is of no help, take the car back to the dealer.

Please keep us informed as to any possible cause.
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2013, 09:27 PM   #3
batislav
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2012 335i Sportline

My PDC alarm did the same thing when I first received my car. When I took it in to reset software due to the ASS stalling it corrected the problem.
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2013, 12:29 AM   #4
Il Fenomeno 415
In top form...
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 335i xDrive coming...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sekitori
Quote:
Originally Posted by Il Fenomeno 415 View Post
I experienced the same problem. It happened after I had driven in the rain for a couple of days. When I put the car in reverse, I heard that steady sound even though there was nothing behind me. I agree that it's very upsetting to have a safety feature you rely on suddenly stop working for no apparent reason.

In my case, the fix was surprisingly simple. I wiped off the rear bumper with a couple of paper towels. Not only was the bumper wet, but it was also filthy. That was probably due to junk from puddles on the road being splashed onto it. After the bumper was clean, the PDC operated normally.

Were you driving in wet weather after the bumper cover was replaced? If you were, wiping it off might be of help. If it isn't, the problem could have been caused by the replacement of the bumper cover. But if that was the reason, it should have shown up right away, not two days later. If cleaning the bumper is of no help, take the car back to the dealer.

Please keep us informed as to any possible cause.
Yes you are spot on, I'm in Chicago and it's freezing right now so the bumper was caked with salt and dirt. I wiped it down and it's fine now. But I think it's time for a car wash because right after I wiped it down it did the same thing after I drove home from work. Thanks a lot for the response I wish I read it earlier because I was pretty upset at work today over it. Ever since I got hit 2 weeks after taking delivery I've been extremely uptight about the car...
Appreciate 0