F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Has bimmercode broken something?
Extreme Powerhouse

09-30-2019, 04:04 AM   #1
IrnBrulad
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW F31 335d

Garage List
  [0.00]
Has bimmercode broken something?

Morning folks,

I've asked on another thread of mine but figured a new thread might attract more response...

Basically new suspension fitted friday and the lights were low and wouldn't adjust. Back to the dealer today who adjusted them (although weren't off by much apparently) but couldn't find fault with the adjuster in-so-much that the light motors work and the switch shows no faults but they aren't talking to each other.

They did say it'd need to come back in for investigation work and asked if i'd had a tracker fitted recently. I'm assuming they are thinking this due to the faults logged on the key and then asked if i'd installed any unauthorised apps (nope!).

Thinking back though I did code cornering foglight on via bimmercode a few weeks ago and haven't had a reason to adjust my headlights since. Could this be the cause??? Just don't want to try and code them out again generating more faults for them to quiz me on. Although restoring from a backup might not be possible as I got a new phone this week!!

I've emailed bimmercode to ask them too but any help/advice much appreciated.
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2019, 03:45 AM   #2
Mikesmith2939
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 320i xdrive

As far as I know the fog lights don't have anything to do with the main headlight units. So very much doubt it was that.

It could be a bad connection caused by the replacement of the suspension where the loom may have been disturbed.
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2019, 10:16 AM   #3
IrnBrulad
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW F31 335d

Garage List
  [0.00]
Well loading a backup from Bimmerpost pre corner fog lights solved the issue. Bimmercode said it might have caused the issue

Maybe just forcing a restart of the module was the fix but either may the manual levelling is now working!
Appreciate 0