F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK - Off Topic > Adaptive Suspension - To tick or not to tick
GetBMWParts

09-25-2017, 10:13 AM   #23
McBeemer
Lieutenant
Scotland
Rep
Drives: 335d Xd MSport Touring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudz View Post
Locran suggested the ACS RS kit, I'd love it but feel it's too much outlay at the outset

I haven't test driven a 335d at all ���� I just needed a powerful diesel and BMW had the best offering so went with it really, stories of shoddy handling is what I've gathered from the forums, I unfortunately don't know anyone with an LCI / Adaptive and also having ACS springs, if there is anyone close to Gatwick/south east coast or London with that setup I'd really appreciate it if you could take me on a short drive please else for the moment based on suggestions that have been offered so far, I'll trial out ACS springs with adaptive. It is going to be a mile muncher, I Have no plans for her on the track
I'm just back after having driven a number of miles in the 335d today.

Car has now done 800 miles

Perfectly composed in town, soaking up any bumps quite nicely.

Out on the open road, I had a decent blast along one of my favourite stretches of A road, which encompasses quite a corners taken at a decent rate of knots. The handling even in comfort mode (suspension) with the ACS Springs on is fantastic, with virtually no body roll.

I had driven other 335d's (without adaptive) for extended test drives before and they were definitely not as composed.

Gone: 2015 F31 320d M Sport Xdrive Auto
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2017, 10:38 AM   #24
Dr Forinor
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2015 F31 335d

Quote:
Originally Posted by McBeemer View Post
Out on the open road, I had a decent blast along one of my favourite stretches of A road, which encompasses quite a corners taken at a decent rate of knots. The handling even in comfort mode (suspension) with the ACS Springs on is fantastic, with virtually no body roll.
The LCI adaptive suspension must be a nice improvement over the pre-LCI adaptive dampers. I get noticeable body roll at higher speed bends.
Coding. LED Front Fogs. DIY Driver Glovebox. KW Street Comfort. 15mm Rear ARB. Tarox SS Brake Lines. Motorwerks Remap. DIY Rear 12v Socket. M Performance Discs. Tarox Strada Pads. Spacers (10mm & 12mm). Head Unit USB Cable. Rear Diffuser. Rear Light Tints. Non RFTs.
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2017, 10:43 AM   #25
McBeemer
Lieutenant
Scotland
Rep
Drives: 335d Xd MSport Touring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Forinor View Post
The LCI adaptive suspension must be a nice improvement over the pre-LCI adaptive dampers. I get noticeable body roll at higher speed bends.
I have ACS springs fitted remember & I'm pretty sure it's the springs that are dialling out the body roll. If the suspension is in sports mode it firms up further still & body roll is completely non existent, at the expense of some comfort.

Gone: 2015 F31 320d M Sport Xdrive Auto
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2017, 10:59 AM   #26
Dr Forinor
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2015 F31 335d

Quote:
Originally Posted by McBeemer View Post
I have ACS springs fitted remember & I'm pretty sure it's the springs that are dialling out the body roll. If the suspension is in sports mode it firms up further still & body roll is completely non existent, at the expense of some comfort.
Oh yes, of course, not thinking straight here, my apologies.
Coding. LED Front Fogs. DIY Driver Glovebox. KW Street Comfort. 15mm Rear ARB. Tarox SS Brake Lines. Motorwerks Remap. DIY Rear 12v Socket. M Performance Discs. Tarox Strada Pads. Spacers (10mm & 12mm). Head Unit USB Cable. Rear Diffuser. Rear Light Tints. Non RFTs.
Appreciate 1
McBeemer261.00