F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > F30/F32/F33 Classifieds (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Vendor and Seller Review/Feedback Forum > Buyers BEWARE of Armytrix - AVOID AT ALL COSTS
Vorsteiner

02-07-2017, 09:21 PM   #1
Insane435
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 435ix Estoril Blue

Exclamation Buyers BEWARE of Armytrix - AVOID AT ALL COSTS

This is long winded, but necessary for potential buyers to see what type of company they are dealing with.

Let me start by saying I am a customer of Amrytrix as I have their catback on my 435. A few weeks ago I decided I wanted to upgrade to the quad tips they offer for my vehicle. I went ahead and bought the quad diffusor from RW carbon in order to check fitment. After looking at how the diffusor lines up and looking at the geometry of the Armytrix tips, everything looked good.

I went ahead and emailed Jorge at Armytrix. He proceeds to tell me that if I have the catback I can get the tips at 50%. I tell him i'd like to order the quads and he responds he needs to check fitment and see if they are in stock. Sounds great.

A few days go by and he never gets back to me; my calls don't get returned and my emails are ignored. A few weeks go by and still no response so I decided to contact Armytrix direct. When I talk to someone at Minds corp (the dealer for US) he tells me Jorge is no longer associated with Armytrix and that I cannot get the price through them. Fantastic..

Another week or so goes buy and to my surprise, I notice Jorge from Armytrix is still posting content to their IG account. Wow, he must sure be a die-hard Armytrix fan to still be posting content for them after being "dissociated". I then decide to email Jorge on a different email with an unrelated question just to test the waters. Sure enough, he responds....

I then asked him about the tips and the price and he responds saying its no longer possible to get that deal. What great customer service. You leave a customer hanging for weeks on end about tips. Why couldn't Armytrix respond to me after a week? for those who know, these tips are not cheap. Some are upwards of $1500 so 50% is a great promise.

I would avoid these shady people. As you can see, they lie, and don't follow up with clients.

This isn't my only negative experience with them, theres another individual there who has left me hanging after I decided to buy the tips at full cost. He writes up the invoice and after I ask how do i make payment I get no response and it has been almost 2 weeks.

Who would have thought a company existed who didnt want to take someones money who is practically waving it in there face. I would sell my catback in a heartbeat if I wasnt going to lose my rear end on it.

/rant

Last edited by Insane435; 02-07-2017 at 09:29 PM.
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2017, 05:14 PM   #2
M-terkait
Major
Kuwait
Rep
Drives: F30 335i 3/13

Send a message via Skype™ to M-terkait
Well I have bad experience with IPe, the car runs like a dog when closed, cannot even build up boost, the only exhaust flow when closed is the 2inch pipe with alot of restriction from valves closed. After contacting them about this issue, they said they could fix the problem with a new muffler designed for me at 1200$ without shipping... so I pay for their faulty design :S no way, I should've gone with Akrapovic, Borla, or Eisenmann.

Also the "Auto" mode for valves is too slow for sudden acceleration I still need to press open or blip throttle then accelerate.

I'd sell it for half price if anyone local in Middle East wants it.

But to be fair it sounds great when open.. however it becomes just a straight pipe I'd credit that to BMW.
      02-08-2017, 07:33 PM   #3
Insane435
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 435ix Estoril Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by M-terkait View Post
Well I have bad experience with IPe, the car runs like a dog when closed, cannot even build up boost, the only exhaust flow when closed is the 2inch pipe with alot of restriction from valves closed. After contacting them about this issue, they said they could fix the problem with a new muffler designed for me at 1200$ without shipping... so I pay for their faulty design :S no way, I should've gone with Akrapovic, Borla, or Eisenmann.

Also the "Auto" mode for valves is too slow for sudden acceleration I still need to press open or blip throttle then accelerate.

I'd sell it for half price if anyone local in Middle East wants it.

But to be fair it sounds great when open.. however it becomes just a straight pipe I'd credit that to BMW.
I think these small boutique companies just do not know what customer service is. I feel like after what I have went through I should get the tips at the 50% off price. I feel so wrong trying to buy these still at the full price. Im exploring all options but no other companies tips fit and some wont even sell to me without the catback.
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2017, 08:46 PM   #4
chaudhrysn
Major
Rep
Drives: 2012 335i

Just be glad you didn't actually spend money and order something from them. I forgot how many months I waited for GT haus to build and ship their exhaust. For months I was told "just one more week". I am quite sure I will never have any worse customer service from what I received from GT haus. Ended up finding a vendor here who had one in stock and got that
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2017, 10:55 PM   #5
R3dn3k Flyby
Boosty Boost
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW M5

Unfortunately, what you've encountered is Minds Corp losing their Armytrix distribution account. They are no longer the Armytrix dealer in North America or the US.

Vivid Racing is now the official distributor of Armytrix.

https://www.armytrixusa.com

Feel free to contact sales@armytrixusa.com, or you can shoot me an email directly at james@vividracing.com and we can get you assisted properly. Apologies for any inconvenience experienced thus far.

-James

2016 Mustang GT w/ Performance Package : 6MT : Vorsteiner V-FF 103
Appreciate 0