F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > CANADA > Canadian F30
Extreme Power House
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      04-11-2012, 03:41 PM   #133
Raspartan
Captain
Canada
37
Rep
702
Posts

Drives: F15 X5
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (0)

Canadian reps seem genuinely confused about the options. In many cases I felt that I knew more than they did.
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2012, 03:41 PM   #134
RASHID007
First Lieutenant
28
Rep
366
Posts

Drives: 2014 535d X-Drive
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Windsor, Ontario, Canada

iTrader: (0)

I remain very confused for the suspension options in Canada.

1. When you say above the sport suspension is $400 is that regular passive sport suspension, or the adaptive M suspension that all the other countries seem to get?

2. And if you're right about even passive sport suspension being $400, does that mean my 335i sport line will NOT be 10mm lower than the luxury and modern line cars?

3. And if I don't have the 'sport suspension for $400' will I still have the button for eco pro, comfort, sport and sport + and if so will those buttons do anything to suspension or just tighten up steering and throttle response and shift points?

4. Does the Sport Line come with the passive sport suspension standard? The original ordering guide that is a sticky says nothing about an extra charge for sport suspension. The bmw.ca website says nothing about sport suspension and/or if it's included or if you pay extra.

5. Does the Sport Line have the Adaptive M Suspension on it in Canada standard? Or is it an option at all? I don't see it on the website or any ordering guide for Canada.

Please help. I have ordered a 335i with premium package and was expecting the sport suspension (at least passive) and frankly I was expecting to have the button to switch from eco pro, to comfort, to sport to sport + because I saw (at the time of ordering) no extra $ option for sport suspension, or m-adaptive or otherwise.

Thank you.
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2012, 05:38 PM   #135
Yasir2k6
New Member
Canada
0
Rep
10
Posts

Drives: BMW 328i 2012
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Mississauga, Canada

iTrader: (0)

Actually it was my bad; rep did inform me about the extra cost for sport suspension. Stupid brochure which i held on to, stated that its included. I'm just gonna stick with my order, not doing any changes. Production starts April 23rd~ish
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2012, 06:31 PM   #136
jtuds
Major
Canada
52
Rep
1,110
Posts

Drives: 335rwd Dinan S2
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: London, ON

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RASHID007 View Post
I remain very confused for the suspension options in Canada.

1. When you say above the sport suspension is $400 is that regular passive sport suspension, or the adaptive M suspension that all the other countries seem to get?

2. And if you're right about even passive sport suspension being $400, does that mean my 335i sport line will NOT be 10mm lower than the luxury and modern line cars?

3. And if I don't have the 'sport suspension for $400' will I still have the button for eco pro, comfort, sport and sport + and if so will those buttons do anything to suspension or just tighten up steering and throttle response and shift points?

4. Does the Sport Line come with the passive sport suspension standard? The original ordering guide that is a sticky says nothing about an extra charge for sport suspension. The bmw.ca website says nothing about sport suspension and/or if it's included or if you pay extra.

5. Does the Sport Line have the Adaptive M Suspension on it in Canada standard? Or is it an option at all? I don't see it on the website or any ordering guide for Canada.

Please help. I have ordered a 335i with premium package and was expecting the sport suspension (at least passive) and frankly I was expecting to have the button to switch from eco pro, to comfort, to sport to sport + because I saw (at the time of ordering) no extra $ option for sport suspension, or m-adaptive or otherwise.

Thank you.
I looked at the BMW configurator and saw no option for anything related to suspension. There's adaptive steering, but nothing on the Canadian site about suspension. Maybe it's standard on the sport line or maybe we can't get it.
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2012, 06:43 PM   #137
Carnook
First Lieutenant
United_States
48
Rep
335
Posts

Drives: BMW 2017 F82 M4 ZCP
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RASHID007 View Post
1. When you say above the sport suspension is $400 is that regular passive sport suspension, or the adaptive M suspension that all the other countries seem to get?
Sport Suspension is passive.

Quote:
2. And if you're right about even passive sport suspension being $400, does that mean my 335i sport line will NOT be 10mm lower than the luxury and modern line cars?
Sport suspension is 10mm lower than standard suspension.

Quote:
3. And if I don't have the 'sport suspension for $400' will I still have the button for eco pro, comfort, sport and sport + and if so will those buttons do anything to suspension or just tighten up steering and throttle response and shift points?
You will have the buttons, but they will only adjust transmission, throttle and steering.

Quote:
4. Does the Sport Line come with the passive sport suspension standard? The original ordering guide that is a sticky says nothing about an extra charge for sport suspension. The bmw.ca website says nothing about sport suspension and/or if it's included or if you pay extra.
Sport line does not come with Sport suspension in Canada. It is always extra.

Quote:
5. Does the Sport Line have the Adaptive M Suspension on it in Canada standard? Or is it an option at all? I don't see it on the website or any ordering guide for Canada.
Adaptive M Suspension is not yet an option for Canada.

Note that the Sport Suspension option is not shown on the BMW website (neither is the option for 19" wheels). You can order them through your dealer.
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2012, 06:54 PM   #138
Maz335i
BMW 4 Life...
Maz335i's Avatar
Canada
98
Rep
3,363
Posts

Drives: 2015 SO M3 (on order)
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Mississauga, Ontario

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yasir2k6
Actually it was my bad; rep did inform me about the extra cost for sport suspension. Stupid brochure which i held on to, stated that its included. I'm just gonna stick with my order, not doing any changes. Production starts April 23rd~ish
Lol

What's ur build?
__________________
MODS: *** / M Sport + Performance / Meisterschaft / Challenge / MORR / more to come! ***
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2012, 08:08 PM   #139
bosz
Captain
bosz's Avatar
53
Rep
710
Posts

Drives: F30 335i Ordered
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: toronto

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carnook View Post
Sport Suspension is passive.



Sport suspension is 10mm lower than standard suspension.



You will have the buttons, but they will only adjust transmission, throttle and steering.



Sport line does not come with Sport suspension in Canada. It is always extra.



Adaptive M Suspension is not yet an option for Canada.

Note that the Sport Suspension option is not shown on the BMW website (neither is the option for 19" wheels). You can order them through your dealer.

So if we don't get sport suspension, the car wont be 10mm lower than the other lines in Canada?
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2012, 09:20 PM   #140
bananachipz
Captain
40
Rep
822
Posts

Drives: F30 Mineral Gray 335i
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Canada

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bosz View Post
So if we don't get sport suspension, the car wont be 10mm lower than the other lines in Canada?
correct..
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2012, 09:22 PM   #141
Maz335i
BMW 4 Life...
Maz335i's Avatar
Canada
98
Rep
3,363
Posts

Drives: 2015 SO M3 (on order)
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Mississauga, Ontario

iTrader: (0)

So then what's the point of sport line? This is really pathetic! I didn't know we never got sport suspension? At least the passive one...

This sucks man...the only 'good' thing now left in the sport line are the rims...
__________________
MODS: *** / M Sport + Performance / Meisterschaft / Challenge / MORR / more to come! ***
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2012, 09:22 PM   #142
bosz
Captain
bosz's Avatar
53
Rep
710
Posts

Drives: F30 335i Ordered
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: toronto

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bananachipz View Post
correct..
wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2012, 09:23 PM   #143
jtuds
Major
Canada
52
Rep
1,110
Posts

Drives: 335rwd Dinan S2
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: London, ON

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raspartan View Post
Canadian reps seem genuinely confused about the options. In many cases I felt that I knew more than they did.


No kidding.

2 of the guys I spoke with admitted to it. And it was weird being in a situation where you know more about the car, the model years, the prices other ppl are getting and then they tell you the price they're giving you is the best they can do. I feel like say "really, cuz I can name 4 or 5 dealerships that are doing better than this price."

On this suspension issue....what the heck is the point of BMW not putting it not he site?...and the 19 inch rim option too. I'd like to know a price before walking into a dealership to negotiate.

Knowing the guys I've spoken to, they won't even be able to explain the differences in the suspensions. Geez. Is there anywhere that explains the different suspensions and what they change in the vehicle?
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2012, 09:42 PM   #144
Raspartan
Captain
Canada
37
Rep
702
Posts

Drives: F15 X5
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (0)

I started visiting the dealership on the weekend after the global launch, and there was mass confusion about options. There was even conflicting information about which options were standard options, never mind specialty items like the sport suspension.
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2012, 09:45 PM   #145
RASHID007
First Lieutenant
28
Rep
366
Posts

Drives: 2014 535d X-Drive
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Windsor, Ontario, Canada

iTrader: (0)

So was the passive sport suspension an option on previous sport model 3 series e90 and earlier?
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2012, 09:49 PM   #146
HairTooLongToo
New Member
4
Rep
20
Posts

Drives: f30 328 sportline
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: canada

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maz335i View Post
So then what's the point of sport line? This is really pathetic! I didn't know we never got sport suspension? At least the passive one...

This sucks man...the only 'good' thing now left in the sport line are the rims...
The way I see it... it's a $1900 cost to have sports suspension, and you get sport seats as a bonus.

Fully warrantied, already installed, engineered to work, firmer and lower suspension for only that much is still way better than what one can do by going aftermarket. So from that perspective it sucks less.
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2012, 10:06 PM   #147
Maz335i
BMW 4 Life...
Maz335i's Avatar
Canada
98
Rep
3,363
Posts

Drives: 2015 SO M3 (on order)
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Mississauga, Ontario

iTrader: (0)

So let me get this straight:

The Sport Suspension will cost an extra $400 on the sport line. Now is this the M Adaptive or the normal Passive Suspenion?

Wow! Talk about questions...I've asked close to a million questions so far and still confused what to do! :
__________________
MODS: *** / M Sport + Performance / Meisterschaft / Challenge / MORR / more to come! ***
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2012, 10:41 PM   #148
bananachipz
Captain
40
Rep
822
Posts

Drives: F30 Mineral Gray 335i
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Canada

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maz335i View Post
So let me get this straight:

The Sport Suspension will cost an extra $400 on the sport line. Now is this the M Adaptive or the normal Passive Suspenion?

Wow! Talk about questions...I've asked close to a million questions so far and still confused what to do! :

Passive.....
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2012, 10:42 PM   #149
bananachipz
Captain
40
Rep
822
Posts

Drives: F30 Mineral Gray 335i
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Canada

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bananachipz View Post
Passive.....

Mine has been ordered with Stock. I probably would have sprung for Passive Sport, but it's too late now, as the car will arrive end of this month. To me, it's not the end of the world. I'm going to try stock and if I find it too soft, I'll spring for the M-Sport suspension in the fall
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2012, 10:44 PM   #150
Wild M
Private
Canada
6
Rep
84
Posts

Drives: 2006 Z4M SuperCharged
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Mississauga

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
About the M sport suspension, option code 704, this was described in the 2012 Product Planning Bulletin issued January 20. The dealer salesman gave me a copy when I started looking into the cars late January. I ordered a 335i 6 speed manual in February and should get it by the end of the month. The M sport suspension is $400 and lowers the body by 1 cm, has stiffer springs and damper tuning and harder stabilizers. It's only available with the Sport Line.

I also investigated the adaptive M sport suspension, option code 2VF, and you can get it in Canada if you are willing to pay the price. I wasn't willing to let them rip me a new one. In the US it is $900. Here in wonderful Canada they want $1350 plus a special order fee of $400, and then of course there is the usual tax. In other words, BMW Canada doesn't really want you to order it.

In all my research, I found a lot of confusion in the available literature, web sites and sales staff knowledge. Here's another one for you. With the premium package for a 335i, you get park distance control, but rear only (code 507). When I ordered my car I ordered PDC front and back, code 508. They incorrectly quoted $900 for it. They have since corrected their order system. There is now a code 508 with premium package for $450 (replacing code 507) and a code 508 without premium package for $900. Since I ordered the premium package, I needed the $450 option.

Be careful with the Bluetooth options as well, USB integration with Bluetooth (code 6NH) vs BMW assist with extended Bluetooth. I understand that you need the latter if you want to do any Bluetooth audio streaming from a connected device. 6NH only supports USB audio streaming.
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2012, 10:59 PM   #151
RASHID007
First Lieutenant
28
Rep
366
Posts

Drives: 2014 535d X-Drive
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Windsor, Ontario, Canada

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild M View Post
About the M sport suspension, option code 704, this was described in the 2012 Product Planning Bulletin issued January 20. The dealer salesman gave me a copy when I started looking into the cars late January. I ordered a 335i 6 speed manual in February and should get it by the end of the month. The M sport suspension is $400 and lowers the body by 1 cm, has stiffer springs and damper tuning and harder stabilizers. It's only available with the Sport Line.

I also investigated the adaptive M sport suspension, option code 2VF, and you can get it in Canada if you are willing to pay the price. I wasn't willing to let them rip me a new one. In the US it is $900. Here in wonderful Canada they want $1350 plus a special order fee of $400, and then of course there is the usual tax. In other words, BMW Canada doesn't really want you to order it.

In all my research, I found a lot of confusion in the available literature, web sites and sales staff knowledge. Here's another one for you. With the premium package for a 335i, you get park distance control, but rear only (code 507). When I ordered my car I ordered PDC front and back, code 508. They incorrectly quoted $900 for it. They have since corrected their order system. There is now a code 508 with premium package for $450 (replacing code 507) and a code 508 without premium package for $900. Since I ordered the premium package, I needed the $450 option.

Be careful with the Bluetooth options as well, USB integration with Bluetooth (code 6NH) vs BMW assist with extended Bluetooth. I understand that you need the latter if you want to do any Bluetooth audio streaming from a connected device. 6NH only supports USB audio streaming.
Thank you, that is very helpful.

I am led to understand (by the dealer) that perhaps when my car arrives I can have the passive suspension fitted at the dealership for the same $400. Is that true?
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2012, 11:25 PM   #152
jtuds
Major
Canada
52
Rep
1,110
Posts

Drives: 335rwd Dinan S2
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: London, ON

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild M View Post
About the M sport suspension, option code 704, this was described in the 2012 Product Planning Bulletin issued January 20. The dealer salesman gave me a copy when I started looking into the cars late January. I ordered a 335i 6 speed manual in February and should get it by the end of the month. The M sport suspension is $400 and lowers the body by 1 cm, has stiffer springs and damper tuning and harder stabilizers. It's only available with the Sport Line.

I also investigated the adaptive M sport suspension, option code 2VF, and you can get it in Canada if you are willing to pay the price. I wasn't willing to let them rip me a new one. In the US it is $900. Here in wonderful Canada they want $1350 plus a special order fee of $400, and then of course there is the usual tax. In other words, BMW Canada doesn't really want you to order it.

In all my research, I found a lot of confusion in the available literature, web sites and sales staff knowledge. Here's another one for you. With the premium package for a 335i, you get park distance control, but rear only (code 507). When I ordered my car I ordered PDC front and back, code 508. They incorrectly quoted $900 for it. They have since corrected their order system. There is now a code 508 with premium package for $450 (replacing code 507) and a code 508 without premium package for $900. Since I ordered the premium package, I needed the $450 option.

Be careful with the Bluetooth options as well, USB integration with Bluetooth (code 6NH) vs BMW assist with extended Bluetooth. I understand that you need the latter if you want to do any Bluetooth audio streaming from a connected device. 6NH only supports USB audio streaming.
So rear park distance control is still included with the sport line. Enhanced bluetooth allows you to stream music via bluetooth while standard USB requires you to hook up to a USB cable, but both allow you to use voice commands for phone calls and both provide the same iPod scrolling ability through drive.

Tell me if any of that is wrong.

Also....M adaptive suspension...what the hell does it do? Why is it better then the standard suspension and/or the sport suspension?
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2012, 11:35 PM   #153
Ashbmw
Private
Canada
2
Rep
70
Posts

Drives: 2014 435 xdrive
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Milton

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
you guys have lot of patience...I've been enjoying my 335i for over a month now!! I find my stock suspension on sport line just fine. but it could be me.
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2012, 11:41 PM   #154
Raspartan
Captain
Canada
37
Rep
702
Posts

Drives: F15 X5
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild M View Post
Here's another one for you. With the premium package for a 335i, you get park distance control, but rear only (code 507). When I ordered my car I ordered PDC front and back, code 508. They incorrectly quoted $900 for it. They have since corrected their order system. There is now a code 508 with premium package for $450 (replacing code 507) and a code 508 without premium package for $900. Since I ordered the premium package, I needed the $450 option.
Now this is very interesting. I'll have to see if they'll correct that on the invoice before my car gets here.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:54 PM.




f30post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST