F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Can no longer navigate from calendar
proTUNING Freaks

11-08-2015, 01:36 PM   #1
secrtagnt
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2013 328xi Glacier Silver

Can no longer navigate from calendar

I have a 2013 328xi with tech package and BMW apps and I have an iPhone 6s with iOS 9.1.

Until recently, when I used the BMW Conencted app to browse my calendar on iDrive, I could navigate directly to any location in a calendar entry. But, when I tried to navigate to a location in a calendar entry today, there was no option to navigate. Looking back through other calendar entries that I have navigated to in the past had the same result - no option to navigate. In the description of the calendar entry I can see the destination information, but it doesn't look like iDrive is recognizing it correctly.

Is anyone else seeing this issue? Does anyone have any ideas to fix it? Is it possible something broke in the update from iOS 9.0.2 to iOS 9.1?

I always include location information in my appointments, and this was really handy functionality.

Thanks for any help!
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2015, 11:19 AM   #2
secrtagnt
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2013 328xi Glacier Silver

I recently updated to iOS 9.1 so I'm wondering if something broke then? Can anyone confirm if this functionality is or isn't working for them? I have the CIC navigation system and I am running version 2.5.0 of the BMW Connected app on iOS 9.1. I am in the U.S.

Here's a recap of the functionality I'm talking about. There should be a Navigation icon on calendar entries that contain addresses. Selecting the icon sets the address as a destination in the Navigation system. At some point in the past few weeks this functionality broke for me and I no longer see the Navigation icon.

Thanks!!
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2015, 12:57 PM   #3
Fronzdan
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '24 M240 xDrive

I'm even worse off than this. I'm up to date with the latest iOS and my calendar shows zero appointments in iDrive, when I have a full day. Nothing is coming through. I'm wondering if some permission got reset when I upgraded.
Appreciate 0