F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack > Spaced out!
GetBMWParts

03-01-2015, 03:33 PM   #67
squidlyboy
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 Alpine White 328i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinoyF30Driver View Post
I found a tire shop that was able to rebalanced my wheels even with spacers I noticed that most of it is gone but not completely not sure if I'm over analyzing or just being paranoid.. vibration is not even noticeable so my question is will there be a costly damage if the vibration continues? Thanks
Just noticed this thread for the first time today...

Sorry to hear about your issues. I'm almost positive that one or more of your spacers are not sitting perfectly flat/clean on the hub face, which means that the spacer didn't have enough recessed area in it to clear the hub lib.

In fact, reading back through your posts, i noticed you got 10mm BMS spacers for your front from Burger. These are the EXACT same ones Jason from Burger told me that have only 12.08mm clearance. And if your F30 is like mine, the front lip is 13mm long, which means the lip is bigger than what the spacer can clear, which means the spacer won't sit flush against the hub face. So unless your installer grinded down at least 1mm from the lip, you are asking for sure fire vibration problems.

The best way to be sure is to jack up your car and see for yourself. If you can't do that practically, then ask the installer if they 1) measured for clearance and 2) if they shaved the lip if they found it wouldn't clear. If they say no to either question, or don't know what you are talking about, then you know

This was my exact issue that i posted about earlier...

Good luck whatever you decide.
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2015, 03:41 PM   #68
rustyminded
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by F32 N55 View Post
Ignore that.

It's 103 ft / lbs.

End of discussion and I'm not sure why you still don't believe us.

http://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho...8&postcount=38
It's not about believing or not. it's just i feel bolts at 88 are almost at max & i don't want to snap bolts but if there are people who tried this on F30 then I'll try it. one more thing my car of European do you think it's different ?
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2015, 03:42 PM   #69
rustyminded
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by F32 N55 View Post
Ignore that.

It's 103 ft / lbs.

End of discussion and I'm not sure why you still don't believe us.

http://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho...8&postcount=38
wait this Is for F36. mine is F30 are they same ?
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2015, 04:01 PM   #70
f30luxline
e92 - 335i
United_States
Rep
Drives: thisonetimeatbandcamp

Quote:
I found a tire shop that was able to rebalanced my wheels even with spacers I noticed that most of it is gone but not completely not sure if I'm over analyzing or just being paranoid.. vibration is not even noticeable so my question is will there be a costly damage if the vibration continues? Thanks
If they are installed correctly then your tire guy is doing a bad job or one of your wheels are bent to the point where balancing won't help. Also if you can get a high-speed balance done then I would recommend it. This high-speed balance is done on the car and puts anything rotating with the wheel into consideration. This also required a highly skilled/knowledgeable person.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyminded View Post
wait this Is for F36. mine is F30 are they same ?

Yes
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2015, 04:04 PM   #71
tboooe
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: F36 428i GC, E36 M3 - gone :(

Fwiw, 103 in nothing on the torque wrench. It's amazing to me how easy the lugs are to loosen.
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2015, 04:26 PM   #72
TomDenmark
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 14' 320i ActiveFlex

I've been driving 220km/h with 12+15mm spacer. I never noticed any vibration.
      03-01-2015, 05:16 PM   #73
Bedista
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by squidlyboy
Quote:
Just noticed this thread for the first time today...

Sorry to hear about your issues. I'm almost positive that one or more of your spacers are not sitting perfectly flat/clean on the hub face, which means that the spacer didn't have enough recessed area in it to clear the hub lib.

In fact, reading back through your posts, i noticed you got 10mm BMS spacers for your front from Burger. These are the EXACT same ones Jason from Burger told me that have only 12.08mm clearance. And if your F30 is like mine, the front lip is 13mm long, which means the lip is bigger than what the spacer can clear, which means the spacer won't sit flush against the hub face. So unless your installer grinded down at least 1mm from the lip, you are asking for sure fire vibration problems.

The best way to be sure is to jack up your car and see for yourself. If you can't do that practically, then ask the installer if they 1) measured for clearance and 2) if they shaved the lip if they found it wouldn't clear. If they say no to either question, or don't know what you are talking about, then you know

This was my exact issue that i posted about earlier...

Good luck whatever you decide.
Thanks. I actually subscribed to your thread when I was researching spacers. Anyway, the fronts have been removed and had spacers on rears just now and drove to a newly opened freeway to ensure I'm driving in smooth road thinking the road condition might be part of the problem. think it's ok now. Will reinstall the front after a few weeks and if it comes back then I know for sure it's the front causing the vibrations.
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2015, 06:03 AM   #74
rustyminded
Major
Rep

ok so I've tightened the bolts to 103 ft/lbs & it wasn't that far off the 88 in fact some bolts didn't go beyond the 88 previously made. so I'm doubting the torque wrench i have is messed up ?! but over all the car is much better in driving
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2015, 07:36 PM   #75
tboooe
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: F36 428i GC, E36 M3 - gone :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyminded View Post
ok so I've tightened the bolts to 103 ft/lbs & it wasn't that far off the 88 in fact some bolts didn't go beyond the 88 previously made. so I'm doubting the torque wrench i have is messed up ?! but over all the car is much better in driving
Good to know. Curious how is the car driving better?
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2015, 10:59 PM   #76
rustyminded
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tboooe View Post
Good to know. Curious how is the car driving better?
the car before felt a little more loose, we have very bad roads believe me you'd feel anything here if it was silky roads i wouldn't feel any difference.
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2015, 10:33 AM   #77
wildwestm3
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3 Convertible

Quick question. Why exactly is 15mm required for x-drive? I am about to purchase a 2014 328i xDrive M-Sport for my wife and want to order the spacers. Looks like 12mm up front and 15mm out back is the way to go. I have a 2008 M3, so the F30 is new to me...

Dave
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Appreciate 0