F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Weird acceleration problem
proTUNING Freaks

11-10-2017, 02:56 PM   #111
Dr Forinor
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2015 F31 335d

Yeh ok, I meant technician.

I have driven at least a 100 miles since the map has been removed, and nothing, so yes I'm still thinking it was their map that was the factor.
Coding. LED Front Fogs. DIY Driver Glovebox. KW Street Comfort. 15mm Rear ARB. Tarox SS Brake Lines. Motorwerks Remap. DIY Rear 12v Socket. M Performance Discs. Tarox Strada Pads. Spacers (10mm & 12mm). Head Unit USB Cable. Rear Diffuser. Rear Light Tints. Non RFTs.
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2017, 02:36 PM   #112
Mr Whippy
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F30 335Xd, E81 130i

There is every chance a tuning box might do the same.

Definitely worth trialling one if you can.

As said this could be a fault with your car.
The OEM settings compensate for it, and so it's a non-issue.
A good remap should do the same. A bad one makes weird stuff happen.

Or, the DMS software was right for your engine and stuff, but perhaps your software has certain flags set for certain features that they haven't tested for.

Either way an expensive quality remap shouldn't do weird stuff if the car is fine as standard.
OR, if it does, they should be easily capable of diagnosing and fixing the issue.

It's kinda worse they didn't know what it was or how to fix it as it suggests they're clueless about how the engine really works deep down.
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2017, 03:09 AM   #113
Dr Forinor
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Another "quirk" of their customer service;

Remap removed on Wed and I Was told by the technicianI would have to call them up to get the refund. Called him whilst the tech was still there and was told the receptionist would sort it out. Get no call back. Call them on Thurs and get through to the receptionist, she will have a word with their accounting department, no call back. Call them on Friday, get through to the receptionist, she will have a word with their accounting department, no call back. So I will call them on Monday, who wants to guess what they will say?

------------

Took it for another 150mile round trip last night, still no issues.
Coding. LED Front Fogs. DIY Driver Glovebox. KW Street Comfort. 15mm Rear ARB. Tarox SS Brake Lines. Motorwerks Remap. DIY Rear 12v Socket. M Performance Discs. Tarox Strada Pads. Spacers (10mm & 12mm). Head Unit USB Cable. Rear Diffuser. Rear Light Tints. Non RFTs.
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2017, 06:19 AM   #114
Mr Whippy
Lieutenant
Rep

Everyone does that.

I only had the BMW dealers ringing me when they were after a sale.

Once they get a deposit they just disappear and never ring back.

I'm sure it'll come.

Did you pay by CC?
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2017, 06:25 AM   #115
Dr Forinor
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Yeh I suppose it's quite common. I paid by cash.
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2017, 06:18 AM   #116
Dr Forinor
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Here is the latest, after a week I finally got a refund sent to my PayPal. Except that a PayPal fee was taken. I ring up as soon as I got the email and explain I got a fee taken off, these are bullet points taken from his part in the conversation (just to keep it short);

- It has cost them over £400 to send someone up to remove the remap
- Can I not just accept that they have refunded me 99.9% of the cost and returned the car to standard as I asked and draw a line at this now?
- There was nothing wrong with their remap as they have remapped thousands of cars and mine is the only one to have any issues, so even though my car is at fault I insisted that I get the map removed
- Even if they were to gift the PayPal someone would get charged a fee

Just for the record, I never wanted the refund done via PayPal. The reason it has taken this long as I insisted it be done via bank transfer, and today he said he can do it this moment if done via PayPal so I gave in. Apparently getting in touch with the accounting department is very difficult.

So now I am waiting on the refund of this fee that I have been incorrectly charged.

------

The accelerating issue, still has not happened, after over 300 miles of driving in varying manners.

Last edited by Dr Forinor; 11-15-2017 at 09:04 AM..
Appreciate 1
      11-15-2017, 06:25 AM   #117
Dr Forinor
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

I have refunded what he sent through PayPal, and requested he give me the full refund via bank transfer like I had initially asked for.
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2017, 06:40 AM   #118
Dr Forinor
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Full refund received via PayPal just now.

I can now be done with this company, and this thread. Thank you.
Appreciate 2
Craig-SM324.50
g9icy340.50
      11-15-2017, 04:28 PM   #119
Mr Whippy
Lieutenant
Rep

I'm glad you've got it all sorted.

On the fault, if it's your car that is faulty why didn't they spot it before remapping, or after the remap on a diagnostic test drive?
They've failed time and again in their duty as a bloody expensive tuning outfit.

So don't let them try make you feel at fault.

If they can't offer the quality of remap and after sales service they promise for that huge price, they need to reevaluate their offering.
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2017, 05:13 PM   #120
Dr Forinor
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Whippy View Post
I'm glad you've got it all sorted.

On the fault, if it's your car that is faulty why didn't they spot it before remapping, or after the remap on a diagnostic test drive?
They've failed time and again in their duty as a bloody expensive tuning outfit.

So don't let them try make you feel at fault.

If they can't offer the quality of remap and after sales service they promise for that huge price, they need to reevaluate their offering.
Well this is why I didn't back down in regards to the full refund. They've given me the runaround for so long, and now they can't even give me my full refund.

Along the way the guy has spouted a whole bunch of crap to me about the remap and how it's my car that's at fault etc etc.

Their after care is absolutely atrocious, especially for the money they charge. Anyhow, it's done, the car is back to standard, it's running well, I'm not out of pocket, I can get the car tested properly and look to getting it remapped from someone local.
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2017, 05:54 PM   #121
Mr Whippy
Lieutenant
Rep

I'll try dig out my ecu connections password and login and see if there are any binaries kicking around.
Also chiptuners.org

There have to be some quality tuners around for this engine.
When I say quality I mean ones who'll check a car before and after and even show you exactly what they're changing on your car, and why.
Or tuners who'll buy a quality tune in and know how to support.
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2017, 06:45 PM   #122
Dr Forinor
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Thanks for your help, and advice.
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2018, 10:08 AM   #123
Blueyzfr169
Registered
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2014 335d F30 XDrive M Sport

My car is doing exactly the same, just posted a thread and a copy of the txt below;

Got a problem with the 335d.
Ever since the remap once warmed up the car ‘surges’ every 8 seconds on the dot on light consistent throttle. The revs go up 200rpm for around 1/2 a second then the cycle repeats. It’s enough to rock your head back and enough to be a big distraction. The remap company has been out a few times with tweaked maps, great service but no joy. Ideas have ranged from egr valves to non runflats (XDrive pulsing). My gut feeling is some sort of over fuelling or recirculating problem but I’m no expert. Anyone any ideas?
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2018, 10:37 AM   #124
dizzy619
Major
Rep
Drives: F31 340i

Get it put back to standard and get a refund...
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2018, 04:37 AM   #125
Hooded
Banned
England
Rep
Drives: F30 330d M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueyzfr169 View Post
My car is doing exactly the same, just posted a thread and a copy of the txt below;

Got a problem with the 335d.
Ever since the remap once warmed up the car ‘surges’ every 8 seconds on the dot on light consistent throttle. The revs go up 200rpm for around 1/2 a second then the cycle repeats. It’s enough to rock your head back and enough to be a big distraction. The remap company has been out a few times with tweaked maps, great service but no joy. Ideas have ranged from egr valves to non runflats (XDrive pulsing). My gut feeling is some sort of over fuelling or recirculating problem but I’m no expert. Anyone any ideas?
Have the remap company tried putting it back to standard to see if the problem still occurs?
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2018, 02:28 AM   #126
Dr Forinor
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

I had DMS put it back to standard, kept it standard for a few weeks with no issues.

Got a remap done from someone else without absolutely no issues at all, been at least 3000 miles now.
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2023, 03:48 PM   #127
StuieUK
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 335d LCi

hey all,
sorry to bring an old thread back to life..
Everything i read on here = i got this issue....... mine is mapped....
and since it was re-remapped a few weeks back (as BMW dealer wiped my map) using the same config they created last year on the dyno tune they did for me , i got the issues noted above, but not that often, but enough to get on my nerves....

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Appreciate 0