F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > 3 and 4 Series Ordering / Pricing / Order Tracking Forum (and European Delivery) > Euro Delivery Question
Studio RSR

05-30-2013, 03:42 PM   #1
rmm0031
Enlisted Member
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i M-Sport

Garage List
2013 BMW 335  [0.00]
Euro Delivery Question

I picked up my 335 through Military Sales last summer (currently live in Germany). Now that we've had it a while, the wife is starting to make designs on getting a new BMW for herself.

While Military Sales provides a nice discount, it seems that the ED discount is even more. If I were to buy prior to moving back to the states, could I buy ED through a stateside dealer? I wouldn't register it on the military/German grid, just drive it with the Euro plates and Intl license then drop off as normal. We get orders and move back and either beat the car there or have it waiting for us. I get ED pricing without having to pay for a flight.
      05-30-2013, 05:06 PM   #2
E92Carrera
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Black Sapphire E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmm0031 View Post
I picked up my 335 through Military Sales last summer (currently live in Germany). Now that we've had it a while, the wife is starting to make designs on getting a new BMW for herself.

While Military Sales provides a nice discount, it seems that the ED discount is even more. If I were to buy prior to moving back to the states, could I buy ED through a stateside dealer? I wouldn't register it on the military/German grid, just drive it with the Euro plates and Intl license then drop off as normal. We get orders and move back and either beat the car there or have it waiting for us. I get ED pricing without having to pay for a flight.
I don't see why not, the negotiation is often easier done through email and phone calls. The only issue I see, is that you have to sign the contract with your dealer at latest 1 week prior to delivery in Munich. So you would have to arrange that somehow, not sure if FEDEX'ing of documents is even possible.

Thanks for your service!

2011 E92 Space Gray - M-Sport - Euro Delivery

2008 E92 Black Sapphire - Black Interior - Aluminum Trim
Appreciate 0