F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > N20, N26, B46, B48 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > Don't Buy Dinan!
European Auto Source

11-09-2017, 03:38 PM   #23
Dinan_Rated
DINAN SELLER
United_States
Rep
Drives: Dinan 335xi S4, DINAN M5 S2V10

Quote:
Originally Posted by subzero05 View Post
never had an issue with Dinan here, and im on my second car with their product. always been easy to deal with and quality has been top notch
agreed 21 cars used DINAN and 24 years later no issues at all!

sorry for your issues, could of been with the quality of the build prior to mods..
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2017, 02:05 PM   #24
jvit27
Rep
Drives: 99 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinan_Rated View Post
agreed 21 cars used DINAN and 24 years later no issues at all!

sorry for your issues, could of been with the quality of the build prior to mods..
Could have* been.

Did you miss the first post where he said he bought the car as a CPO, meaning it was bone stock?
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2017, 04:02 PM   #25
Dinan_Rated
DINAN SELLER
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvit27 View Post
Could have* been.

Did you miss the first post where he said he bought the car as a CPO, meaning it was bone stock?
to be honest anyone modding a car takes off the mods prior to selling to regain the expense. So not sure how you can prove the car was bone stock CPO during its lifetime.
Also wonder if a detailed PPI was done to confirm the condition and maintenance record.
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2017, 12:28 PM   #26
NHSkibm
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E30, F31, L434

Quote:
I called them today. Should hear back tomorrow. They just replaced my intercooler due to logo peeling. Im sure they will make this right.
Thank you. Finally did hear back. Ended up just getting a refund/warranty on the exhaust. Nothing on why my MPG has suffered so much or I have a massive vibration on cold start.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rphz View Post
With the stage 4 tune, doesn't this typically require an upgraded fuel pump to operate optimally? Not sure if this applies to the N20, but does for the N55.

Also, have you considered upgrading your air intake to an aftermarket cold air intake? It should improve airflow into the turbo over stock. If anything, try a drop-in performance filter first to see if there's any change at all.

As for the performance expectations, if you look at the graphs Dinan provides for the stage 4 elite for N20, it shows exactly what you are experiencing, which is very little gains until 4000+ RPM and peak gains beyond 5500 RPM.
Yeah, shame on me for not studying the curve and seeing the 4k+ RPM. Regardless of that the biggest issue I have is new vibration in the car (even without exhaust) and loss of MPG.

I'm going to likely grab a drop in and a down pipe in 6k - I'm about to get my 45k check-up at the dealer which is the last full maintenance shot they give.

Though I will let them know of the loss of MPG and Vibration and see if they point to Dinan or may ask them to check my coils (which I've heard can go around 45k in the N20).

Quote:
Originally Posted by subzero05 View Post
never had an issue with Dinan here, and im on my second car with their product. always been easy to deal with and quality has been top notch
Yeah, it's been an interesting and surprising experience.
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2017, 12:32 PM   #27
NHSkibm
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E30, F31, L434

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvit27 View Post
Could have* been.

Quote:
to be honest anyone modding a car takes off the mods prior to selling to regain the expense. So not sure how you can prove the car was bone stock CPO during its lifetime.
Also wonder if a detailed PPI was done to confirm the condition and maintenance record.
Yeah, CPO means BMW dealer had to do a whole bunch of work prior to me getting the car. That said the particular dealer I purchased it at has unfortunately lost many folks that were staples there over the years. So, you never really know what they went through on the car before putting it up for sale - especially since I saw it and purchase it prior to it going through the shop.

But per my other comment I'm still under 50k so the service I'm due for in a couple weeks I'm going to ask the SA to be rather thorough and talk to the shop foreman as well (who has been around forever and knows his shit).

We'll see what happens.
Appreciate 1
      11-20-2017, 02:04 PM   #28
BEM-S4
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Dinan M235, Dinan Sport Wagon

I can tell you based on my experience with S1 on a brand new f31 xDrive - install at 1200 miles - there's definitely a noticeable difference. From a warranty perspective I'm probably in better shape than you since I had 49k miles to go and all work was done at BMW dealer so single throat to choke.

I am not going to talk exhaust since that's a cosmetic type thing if that's the right word, but everything else the 4-cyl that's in my 2016 after you go past S1 it's big dollars for minimal gains and you're doing major work. All that is to say even if you just had S1 you should notice som definite gains.
2006 330ci Bone Stock
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2017, 12:19 AM   #29
Dinan_Rated
DINAN SELLER
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHSkibm View Post
Yeah, CPO means BMW dealer had to do a whole bunch of work prior to me getting the car. That said the particular dealer I purchased it at has unfortunately lost many folks that were staples there over the years. So, you never really know what they went through on the car before putting it up for sale - especially since I saw it and purchase it prior to it going through the shop.

But per my other comment I'm still under 50k so the service I'm due for in a couple weeks I'm going to ask the SA to be rather thorough and talk to the shop foreman as well (who has been around forever and knows his shit).

We'll see what happens.
Thanks for the update. They just covered my cp for me under Dinan warranty running stage 4 Dinan set up. Hope your next visit goes well.
Appreciate 0