F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > BMW F30: All sorts of problems
Studio RSR

11-09-2017, 04:20 AM   #1
ForTheLoveOf///M
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: E46 M3 - Estoril blue <3

BMW F30: All sorts of problems

Dear fellow BMW enthiousiasts :-)

First of a little introduction, I'm a BMW motorsport engineer for a little team in the Netherlands. We even reached front page one day featuring the lovely sound of S54 engines.
(http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1318624)

OT, we were building a F80 GT3 like car and to help the person out who was creating the body of the F80 we bought a F30 316D BY 2013. Panels and mounting points were kinda the same as the F80.

The F30 had major electronical issues cause it had been flooded. Luckily we had some FEM modules and other ECU's laying around from a F80 and F83.
So far we've changed all the computers and fuse boxes.
Note, the car didn't have any damage at all so we kinda assume that the cable bundle is OK.

Right now I'm facing the problem that the car keeps saying that the key isn't recognized. I did all the tricks, holding the key to the pointed area and holding start/stop button and that sort of stuff but it keeps saying that the key isn't recognized.

The battery in the car is a new AGM battery and the little 3V battery in the key has been replaced as well. Also, yesterday i stopped by the BMW dealer and they could tell me that the key belongs to the car regarding the VIN number.

Does anyone have a single clue what to do next?
- Battery's are new
- Key/car are linked to each other (VIN number)
- Replaced all the ECU's for new ECU's
- iDrive screen won't turn on
- Can't lock/unlock/open trunk with the key
- 316D BY 2013

Every little hint or help is welcome and I already thank you guys for the help.

Kind regards, Pieter

Last edited by ForTheLoveOf///M; 11-09-2017 at 04:23 AM.. Reason: Notifications
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2017, 09:15 PM   #2
Jhnblckwood
Captain
Rep
Drives: F30 2014 320i xdrive

U can't jus replace the fem with a used one. U have to get the isn keys from ur old fem and flaw it to the used one. I don't he exact procedure but I kno it's not that simple to jus swap the fem. Unless u have the key that came with the fem ur using.
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2017, 04:53 AM   #3
ForTheLoveOf///M
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: E46 M3 - Estoril blue <3

Thank you for replying but I figured that out a few days later. Recieved an official BMW document with instructions regarding changing different modules like the FEM one. The document said that the key/car is getting programmed in to the FEM and that is a one time change.
So we ordered a blank FEM and we'll see from there what happens ;-)
Appreciate 0